Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Lorna Shore - Immortal (Single) (2019)

20 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Ok this is fucking neat.

• Upvote 1

@DekinhoDesu BRO DO YOU EVEN WEEEEEEEEEE BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BREEEEE WAAAAAAAAAAA??????

• Love 1

Hahahahaha, what in the ACTUAL FUCK? It could be because I just woke up to get ready for work or I'm truly THAT blown away from this song on first listen, but real shit: I think this is the best song I heard from Lorna Shore so far. This is a whole different level of epicness I haven't quite heard from them so far, not counting the fact this song is almost seven minutes in length. Those riffs with the combination of the orchestra... Just wow, they are executed PERFECTLY. I love this song so much.

And that breakdown? Fucking dead at this point.

I said it in the "Death Portrait" thread, but it will be repeated again: Listening to this band from Bone Kingdom to now, it's amazing how much this band has grown. They could easily be taking the throne as the best Deathcore band out there currently. January 31st needs to hurry THE FUCK up!

Still don't like this band. I really dig the epic sounding parts and the uplifting stuff, but they need to stop putting musical filler just to pad out the song lengths. The use of the bass drum is the worst offender; they just spam it when they don't know what to do with the drums to make it consistently engaging. I also don't like the solo because it's the same thing I've heard a million times before in modern deathcore. Breakdown was ultra generic and boring as well. 

Bands like this have a lot of potential, but I feel as if they rely too much on tropes to appease the masses instead of really trying to reach out and make something wholly unique. Unfortunate, really, because I want to like bands like this. 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

fucking love this band 

• Upvote 1

I just opened this fucking site cause thats what I usually fucking do since I rely on music to not feel so much like a piece of shit and saw the @BERO mention which I instantly knew it would be on this topic and already bust a laugh. I love you homie.
With that said.
1)My anus is on the floor.
2)My dog grew another head (I have no dog )
3)My mom is on the ceiling speaking latin
4)I'm about to get two gym subscriptions cause I will, barehanded, demolish my first one.
5) WEEEEEEEEEE BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BREEEEE WAAAAAAAAAAA
I am so fucking stoked for this.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, DekinhoDesu said:

1)My anus is on the floor.

That's what happens when you shove too much music up your ass.

Listening to this song again to make sure I wasn't tripping this morning. I wasn't: This is the best Lorna Shore song I've heard to date. Prepare a skin graft from my ass for January 31st, because my face is going to disintegrate from this album.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

this song murdered all four of my grandparents 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

CJ's Lorna Shore doesn't even compare to Tom Barber's Lorna Shore. And Tom Barber's Chelsea Grin doesn't even compare to Alex's Chelsea Grin.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DisturbedOne said:

CJ's Lorna Shore doesn't even compare to Tom Barber's Lorna Shore. And Tom Barber's Chelsea Grin doesn't even compare to Alex's Chelsea Grin.

While i agree with CJ, i can't agree with Tom Barber. He is levels above Alex. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

this is the polar opposite of my opinion

• Upvote 1

God damn, this song hits harder than my father ever did.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

While I say it's too early to even compare Cj and Tom Lorna Shore material, seeing as Immortal isn't even out yet and there's a few EPs and LPs under the Lorna Shore name with Tom, these singles are showing the band can potentially surpass previous material. Which I personally rank as some the best Deathcore out there. I just can't agree with you at all.

Also, Chelsea Grin are one of the most generic, terrible Deathcore bands in the genre. Tom Barber is wasting his time in the band just as much as Jason Richardson was.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

While I say it's too early to even compare Cj and Tom Lorna Shore material, seeing as Immortal isn't even out yet and there's a few EPs and LPs under the Lorna Shore name with Tom, these singles are showing the band can potentially surpass previous material. Which I personally rank as some the best Deathcore out there. I just can't agree with you at all.

Also, Chelsea Grin are one of the most generic, terrible Deathcore bands in the genre. Tom Barber is wasting his time in the band just as much as Jason Richardson was.

I mean its just how i feel. I like these genres for what they are, i dont care about genericness, i welcome it. But i appreciate your opinion and not being a dick like most people would.

• Upvote 1

first time really hearing from this band, and it did not disappoint. pretty excited for that album now.

• Upvote 1

CJ does more highs here than in his entire time in Signs of the Swarm lmao.

Every song with him so far has been some of their best material and really showcased him as one of the best vocalists in the genre. Also, imagine being able to make a 6 minute deathcore song that doesnt feel like 6 minutes, while most 3 minute songs by other bands do 

• Love 1