Lord Kingdom

Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas (2019)

96 posts in this topic

CD FLAC added!

Crackling on last track from the previous 320 CD Rip has been fixed with a new rip.

Special thanks to @Sarcoptic for the FLAC rip and @LLITrapxBeast for the original 320 rip.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Other Releases by

Thanks so much! such a great album!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely cannot wait to hear this album in all its glory. Thank you guys.

• Upvote 1

@Sarcoptic The fact that Fear Factory is your favorite band made me like you already, but Death Atlas in flac? UNZIP THOSE PANTS, BABY.

...But in all seriousness, thank you so much for this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Well after listening to this all weekend pretty sure I have a AOTY for me.  This thing is pretty damn near perfect.  Leading up to this release I would have said Vltimas or Hath but damn this thing is straight up wunderbar!  

• Upvote 2

Just finished my first go with this album.

First impressions:

jizz-144790.gif

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

I may be the minority here but I will say it. I can see the appeal on this, it's pretty original for what it is even though I cant seem to enjoy it..  but the clean vocals made me burst a laugh, they sound really bad lol, just not for me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

I may be the minority here but I will say it. I can see the appeal on this, it's pretty original for what it is even though I cant seem to enjoy it..  but the clean vocals made me burst a laugh, they sound really bad lol, just not for me

Fair, but not everything has to be over produced and over-feminine/high pitched vocals (like most core bands ngl) as is somewhat implied (given bands you openly enjoy on here).  Yeah they sound somewhat "silly" at times like in Bring Back the Plague and Death Atlas for example, but it fits the song quite well, especially after several listens to get accustomed to it.  It is an weird scream/clean hybrid that sounds good and quite melodic. It just takes a little to get used to and then it is super catchy and fun, despite the rest of the record being as grim as can be.  Also, the real cleans (and not that high pitched kinda "silly" sounding stuff that you're likely referring to) to close out Death Atlas is so haunting and straight up reminds me of Peter Steele from Type O Negative.  Chilling stuff (bonus points if you know who Type O are but (X) Doubt).   

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Cattle's vocals are a hugely acquired tastes, took me ages to like Monolith of Inhumanity when it came out a few years back and now I can't get enough of it.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

SO looking forward to giving this a listen, MOI is one of my favourite metal releases of the decade

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Fair enough about the vocals, but this isn't an album someone whose tastes are heavily into Deathcore and Post-Hardcore will enjoy instantly. Obviously not a rip, as I do enjoy a bunch of the bands you post on, but think about giving this album some time. It's truly some of the best Death Metal you'll hear this year.

• Upvote 2

@LLITrapxBeast Thanks for this. Got one of the limited "Vomiting Lava" vinyl on the way, but was getting impatient. 

• Love 1

Title track might just be the best Cattle Decapitation song ever... Might just be.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Fair, but not everything has to be over produced and over-feminine/high pitched vocals (like most core bands ngl) as is somewhat implied (given bands you openly enjoy on here).  Yeah they sound somewhat "silly" at times like in Bring Back the Plague and Death Atlas for example, but it fits the song quite well, especially after several listens to get accustomed to it.  It is an weird scream/clean hybrid that sounds good and quite melodic. It just takes a little to get used to and then it is super catchy and fun, despite the rest of the record being as grim as can be.  Also, the real cleans (and not that high pitched kinda "silly" sounding stuff that you're likely referring to) to close out Death Atlas is so haunting and straight up reminds me of Peter Steele from Type O Negative.  Chilling stuff (bonus points if you know who Type O are but (X) Doubt).   

Bro, I'm not trying to be offensive but you dont have to state a false simmetry to justify what I dont like . You do realize there's a lot of music out of here, right ? The thing is that most of alternative/core releases are here, I just dont like the vocals and thats it, correlation doesnt always means causality. There's actually nothing to do with my other  preferences cause they dont  truly reflect my taste ''vocal-wise''. But yes, it must be a case to get used to it, i just dont have the ear I guess lol, just like @Taylor Swift and @Edgekrvzher stated.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Bro, I'm not trying to be offensive but you dont have to state a false simmetry to justify what I dont like . You do realize there's a lot of music out of here, right ? The thing is that most of alternative/core releases are here, I just dont like the vocals and thats it, correlation doesnt always means causality. There's actually nothing to do with my other  preferences cause they dont  truly reflect my taste ''vocal-wise''. But yes, it must be a case to get used to it, i just dont have the ear I guess lol, just like @Taylor Swift and @Edgekrvzher stated.

You're right, my b friend.  Somehow I took it as a brief insult towards the band and got a little defensive; my apologies on that.  But yeah, it is an acquired taste.   Check out the track Time's Cruel Curtain and hopefully those vocals show you some interesting melody amidst the chaos.  My bad again.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been able to listen to this 4 times in full and it’s nothing short of a masterpiece. Culmination of the past 3 Cattle records into a concise album with a fully fleshed out and realized band at their creative peak. 

• Upvote 2

Not a big fan of death metal but gave it a spin and it's rather incredibly good

• Upvote 1

This is probably the best concept album I have heard.  Did pretty amazing job keeping in sync through the entire album leading up the title track. 

Me listening to the whole album for the first time:

<track 1 starts> me: <jawns> that's a boring intro...

<track 2 starts> me: gets a FUCKING HEART ATTACK

I mean the band as a whole is great and bad ass but I CAN'T STAND those donald duck vocals

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The FLAC sounds incredible. The album itself is blowing my fucking mind so far. INsane production, screeching guitar, impeccable gutterals and high screams (seriously the best in the genre atm), drums that really pop and bounce in your ears. all that and a message of human "intelligence" leading to the demise and extinction of the human race...I'm honestly just blown away right now

• Upvote 2

Papa John said earlier this week that "The day of reckoning will come." He was obviously referring to this album, all while destroying his bowels with eating forty pizzas in thirty days.

Friday will officially be the day of reckoning with this album being actually out.

FUCK THE FUTURE.

FUCK ALL MANKIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNND~

If anyone stumbles upon the extra japanese release track An Extreme Indifference To Human Life please throw it up.

• Upvote 1

I don't know anything about Cattle Decap other than when their Forced Gender Reassignment video went sort of viral a few years ago but I listened to Bring Back the Plague on a whim after hearing the hype for this record and that track honestly fucks. I don't usually like anything within the realm of grind but I think I'm gonna download this and take the journey soon.