Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
Lord Kingdom

A Day to Remember - Resentment [Single] (2019)

106 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Crowing51 said:

Tempo is off? Do you know what tempo is? Can you properly follow it? I don't think you do lol.

I'd personally argue that the pacing of the song is weak.  Like the song doesn't need a breakdown but it has one because that is all that it takes for satisfy breakdown hungry fans to call it a good song.  It throws off the whole momentum of the song, doesn't really fit it to be honest, and immediately goes back to the chorus like it never happened.  I don't really see the tempo argument that was being made by someone else, but the pacing for sure is weak.  They could've done a little more with the song other than just the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-breakdown-chorus but they didn't and it marks the nth song they've done exactly that.  And whenever they decide to write more cohesive and fluid songs, they do it quite well (i.e Bullfight). But I don't doubt that they will write better songs on the record; they always have a mish mosh of good songs, decent songs, and meh songs.

 

Also, not sure if you meant to spell Coheed and Cambria incorrectly on your favorite artist thing, but you did and it bugs me only a little...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Releases by

On 11/22/2019 at 5:11 AM, DreamAgain said:

they cancelled this album but after hearing these two singles they should just cancel this band.

they havn't cancelled any album. some parts just got re-recorded so it was pushed back to early 2020.

Did your mother ever tell you 'if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all' because you are being very negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty absurd to hear they went from drop c (the last i knew "common courtesy" erra) to drop A like that, i never gave bad vibrations much of a chance, so maybe they fiddled around with lower tunings on it... but they mine as well have just gone to 7s if they haven't already....seesh!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@evna Actually no, my favorite TWA record is Life Cycles. It's simply a username. I didn't enjoy the last 2 TWA records tbh

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never cared much for this band but the last album hat some absolute bangers and this joined them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I'd personally argue that the pacing of the song is weak.  Like the song doesn't need a breakdown but it has one because that is all that it takes for satisfy breakdown hungry fans to call it a good song.  It throws off the whole momentum of the song, doesn't really fit it to be honest, and immediately goes back to the chorus like it never happened.  I don't really see the tempo argument that was being made by someone else, but the pacing for sure is weak.  They could've done a little more with the song other than just the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-breakdown-chorus but they didn't and it marks the nth song they've done exactly that.  And whenever they decide to write more cohesive and fluid songs, they do it quite well (i.e Bullfight). But I don't doubt that they will write better songs on the record; they always have a mish mosh of good songs, decent songs, and meh songs.

 

Also, not sure if you meant to spell Coheed and Cambria incorrectly on your favorite artist thing, but you did and it bugs me only a little...

Umm my comment wasn't about the pacing, my comment was about Desk saying the literal tempo of the song was off. Which is objectively false. So i asked if they knew what tempo was an can they follow it/count it. Nothing more. Wasn't really a comment on the song it's but since you've engaged me about it...

 

Adtr has made songs like this their whole career. Kinda too late in the game to find issue with it at at this point. Chorus was my favorite part. Everything else is by the numbers adtr imo. 

 

An that's a random thing to find on my page lol. But thanks? I'll make sure to correct it for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, XncsX said:

they havn't cancelled any album. some parts just got re-recorded so it was pushed back to early 2020.

Did your mother ever tell you 'if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all' because you are being very negative.

Yea she used to say that all the time right before she beat me.

 

Thanks for the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darkmatter2016 said:

@evna Actually no, my favorite TWA record is Life Cycles. It's simply a username. I didn't enjoy the last 2 TWA records tbh

same, close tie between deceiver and life cycles actually.. but yeah dm and vn was the joke ha ha lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crowing51 said:

Umm my comment wasn't about the pacing, my comment was about Desk saying the literal tempo of the song was off. Which is objectively false. So i asked if they knew what tempo was an can they follow it/count it. Nothing more. Wasn't really a comment on the song it's but since you've engaged me about it...

 

Adtr has made songs like this their whole career. Kinda too late in the game to find issue with it at at this point. Chorus was my favorite part. Everything else is by the numbers adtr imo. 

 

An that's a random thing to find on my page lol. But thanks? I'll make sure to correct it for you. 

I'm aware it wasn't originally about the pacing, but the tempo argument desk made doesn't make sense so the only logical thing that was probably meant was the pacing. Just trying to shed light on the misuse of the word 'tempo' I guess. 

 

And yeah, fair point about them making songs like this throughout their career, but I'd say that they were much better at overall structure back in their hayday compared to now (although it isn't that much different but noticeable to me). They would somewhat naturally build and transition to different parts of the songs, like breakdowns for example, instead of just throwing them in the song all willy nilly just to meet the breakdown quota. Breakdowns are all it takes to make songs 'good' nowadays. None of this matters anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts on the song, it is a forum dedicated to the song anyways. 

 

And by the way, on desktop, it shows your favorite artist and everything right besides your name (which is how I saw it). I don't have to click on your profile and dig for that because I wouldn't have done that and didn't.  The typo is just there, right next to your username and I couldn't help but notice it as it is right there for all desktop users to see, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, evna said:

are your favorite word alive albums dark matter and violent noise????

Dark matter was the best and most creative twa record, by a big margin 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Crowing51 said:

Most pop punk gets radio play, since i remember hearing adtr on the radio since their second album i feel you're a couple albums behind to just have this revelation lol.

Not in Philadelphia they don't. Most we get is on 104.5 they'll occasionally play MCR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Song is boring, breakdown is unnecessary, and the mix is terrible. 

 

I wish they would just completely sell out already like bring me the horizon, people dick ride them but they haven't put out good music in like 5 years. 

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverMk6 said:

Song is boring, breakdown is unnecessary, and the mix is terrible. 

 

I wish they would just completely sell out already like bring me the horizon, people dick ride them but they haven't put out good music in like 5 years. 

What a comment this is 

 

Bmth didn't really sell out, just changed, unless your definition of sell out is change, if that's the case nigh most core bands have completely sold out. 

 

"People dick ride them but they haven't put anything good out in like 5 years" well in the past 5 years they've only put 1 album out, and I'd agree it wasn't good. 

The issue is you say this like it's an objective fact. And not subjective opinion on how people view things 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up with the chorus sounding really tinny though? The song lacks bass, not a fan of mix.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This song has surprising replay value for me, especially considering that they have released the worst song of their decade long career just before this.

 

Also, respect to them for preventing any backlash for essentially turning into Normandie by putting a breakdown into the song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.