Lord Kingdom

A Day to Remember - Resentment [Single] (2019)

105 posts in this topic

yep this is adtr allright, album will be great as always, i dont think they even need to use electronics to sound "fresh"

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Other Releases by

I'll be honest, I can't stand this. Sounds like pop rock with a little heavy guitars here and there. I miss the pop punk shit they used to play, now it feels like they're trying to push for radio airplay. I mean, good for them, let them do what they want, but I think I permanently hopped off this train when Bad Vibrations dropped.

• Upvote 2

Nope.  6/15.5

• Upvote 1

The only thing I'm getting from this track is that Jeremys screams are still great. The breakdown is good and reminds me of CC, but other than that it's pretty forgetful. 

unlike others in here I'm actually enjoying the electronic parts. I think the chorus of the first single was better but I prefer that this is heavier. I feel like some people are being a little over dramatic about this song trying to say that ADTR are dead. this song is alright. it's not going to make it  onto a 'best of ADTR' compilation album but the band is far from being dead. it get's more catchy after a few listens. good but not great.

• Upvote 1

I actually really dig this a lot

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

As soon as i saw this i got excited, then i listened.. sadly disappointed.

• Upvote 1

That autotuned background scream right before the breakdown is fucking weird. I mean it's ok I guess, really poppy but it's listenable.

they cancelled this album but after hearing these two singles they should just cancel this band.

• Haha 3

I'm highly surprised that no one mentioned that this is basically an I Prevail song. I mean, I really liked it. I like generic songs sometimes, but this is literally what I Prevail did back in the day. It feels like the student taught the teacher. I'll give it a 7/10 cause it's a catchy chorus.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MrHighway said:

I'm highly surprised that no one mentioned that this is basically an I Prevail song. I mean, I really liked it. I like generic songs sometimes, but this is literally what I Prevail did back in the day. It feels like the student taught the teacher. I'll give it a 7/10 cause it's a catchy chorus.

Yes it has the same appeal as I Prevail and nu-Wage War.

• Haha 1

oh HELL YES. Thatttsssss more like it, ADTR. Let's just pretend that last single didn't happen, this is the ADTR I know (with a twist on their usual sound, even!)

• Upvote 1

At first I thought this was okay, but the more I listened to it the more I fell in love with it and now I can't stop jamming it. I still hope we get some straight up heavy songs, they said this album is diverse like common courtesy so I hope the rest of the album lives up to that. I'm very interested in seeing how the rest of the it turns out and hopefully we'll get a release date soon.

• Upvote 3

Hey I love anything they put out. I'm not disappointed. Seeing all these hateful comments just makes me think yall must be fun at parties. Its ADTR being ADTR. Like it or not they are doing them. Does'nt make it bad.

• Upvote 3

It's a shame that the breakdown is the best part of the song.

14 hours ago, MrHighway said:

'i prevail back in the day' lol there is no back in the day for them. Its right now, today. But yes i agree with everything else you said

Well, its better than degenerates

On 11/21/2019 at 9:31 AM, darkmatter2016 said:

Yeah, I lost all hope in this band. This new record is going to flop mad hard. Song was extremely mediocre and nothing special at all.

are your favorite word alive albums dark matter and violent noise????

• Haha 1

This is enjoyable. Tbh it gives me Linkin Park post-Minutes to Midnight vibes meets BMTH's Sempiternal.

Got the catchy LP flow but has that Sand Pit Turtle electronic distortion and heaviness. And all the rest is ADTR. Solid.

At this point, either you liked ADTR and still do, or you never will. No need to have flamewars or winch about it. Enjoy it, or pass it. Simple.

• Upvote 5

Beast of a song!

Fuck me. So I guess 2019 is the year of selling out and releasing pop songs. How many more bands are gonna throw their hat in the "generic, turgid pop-core" ring? Sling in some synths, a dash of hardcore and some chopped up vocals and you've got yourselves a single.

• Downvote 2

Well kind of catchy and still better than some of their recent work but yeah, a change is expected they are all in their mid-late thirties and may want to go mainstream.

why cant I DOWNLOAD this song did u guys get hacked? cuz I cant downloadn any mp3 like I use to

ATDR doing ATDR things. Way better than their last single.

Jeremy McKinnon is such a good songwriter, he can go for a less interesting style and make a great song

On 11/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, whenallelsefa1ls said:

I'll be honest, I can't stand this. Sounds like pop rock with a little heavy guitars here and there. I miss the pop punk shit they used to play, now it feels like they're trying to push for radio airplay. I mean, good for them, let them do what they want, but I think I permanently hopped off this train when Bad Vibrations dropped.

Most pop punk gets radio play, since i remember hearing adtr on the radio since their second album i feel you're a couple albums behind to just have this revelation lol.

On 11/21/2019 at 6:45 AM, desk said:

this is mediocre as shit. Tempo is off, energy is off, only the chorus is relatively catchy. Is this co-produced by same people who did new Wage War?

Tempo is off? Do you know what tempo is? Can you properly follow it? I don't think you do lol.