Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Should we keep singles in the main page feed or on the sidebar/separate page?

554 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep singles in the main page feed or on the sidebar/separate page?

• Keep on main feed
    • Only on sidebar & separate page

16 posts in this topic

We've heard mixed reviews on this point and would like to put it to a vote!

Separate page looks like this https://kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/singles/

• Love 2

If possible, main page & sidebar on desktop.

And main page on mobile

Also big respect for you guys listening to your members. Much love to you. <3

• Upvote 1

I thought separating them helped to keep the front page cleaner. I know it was reported it was tough on mobile to visit the singles section, so this vote may come down to computer users vs. phone/tablet users.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, vbooy57 said:

I thought separating them helped to keep the front page cleaner. I know it was reported it was tough on mobile to visit the singles section, so this vote may come down to computer users vs. phone/tablet users.

Mobile users can use the "Toggle Left Sidebar" button to look at the latest singles, as well as Browse > Latest Singles. Could be more challenging perhaps, we will see.

• Upvote 2

Just like @dorathekiller97 and @vbooy57 said, separated for website, all together for mobile. For me, the website looks A LOT more cleaner without single as, even though singles are great for upcoming releases, they just aren't as important as albums/EPs (even though, I guess that comes down to what band releases them at the end of the day). So... I don't know, I just like how it's easier to browse albums when several singles aren't involved, makes looking for new music to listen to easier for both formats.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Edgekrvzher said:

Just like @dorathekiller97 and @vbooy57 said, separated for website, all together for mobile. For me, the website looks A LOT more cleaner without single as, even though singles are great for upcoming releases, they just aren't as important as albums/EPs (even though, I guess that comes down to what band releases them at the end of the day). So... I don't know, I just like how it's easier to browse albums when several singles aren't involved, makes looking for new music to listen to easier for both formats.

Not possible to distinguish what's in the main feed on mobile versus desktop unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mR12 said:

Not possible to distinguish what's in the main feed on mobile versus desktop unfortunately.

Understandable. I'm fine with whatever this website does, as beggars can't be choosers, but I think having the singles off to the side is very convenient for me. But of course, I'm on this website 99% of the time on a desktop, so take it as you will.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

beggars can't be choosers, but I think having the singles off to the side is very convenient for me

this.

I'm biased... opposed to singles all together so it's just clutter I have to scroll pass.

but either way I'll still waste every minute of downtime I have here

• Upvote 1

Meh.. I hate clicking through the singles. Besides I almost never look at that sidebar. On main feed it's all nice and clear

I don’t think the main page looks overloaded due to singles. At the same time, this singles sidebar is in the blind spot for most users.

• Upvote 1

I personally like how it is now. The main page is basically my discovery page so it's nice to be able to scroll down and see a mix of new singles and albums. It's not as if I'll miss singles or albums from artists I already know because they got lost in the feed since I regularly check up on them anyway.

Edit: And now that I've taken a look at what the separate page would be like I definitely say keep on the main page. I discover singles the same way I discover albums - look at the genre and then watch the video if there is one. Going through new singles would just become a chore if I had to open a new tab for every single one.

• Upvote 4

i hope we keep it all on the main page. Whether it's a single or full album, it doesn't make any difference, it's all about music discovery after all. Yes on mobile it'd be a pain in the ass to use, but even on PC, i would probably forget to use the single section most of the time

• Upvote 1

I would never notice that sidebar as a new person on the website. Don't think I would even notice it if I knew it.

Keep it as it is. It is good.

As it looks like we're going to be keeping singles on the main page could albums be marked with (album) so people can ctrl+f their way down the page?