Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Abigail Williams - Walk Beyond the Dark (2019)

17 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Potential AOTY material here. 

EDIT: This record is nothing short of a black metal monolith. Very very good stuff!

• Upvote 5

=8) Thanks!

This album is going to be absolutely monstrous. Thanks :)

• Upvote 2

Fucking excuse me? I heard about this album, but thought it was coming out next year. Holy shit this is hype.

• Upvote 1

This is incredible, I don't know what else to say. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, this record is absolutely mind blowing.  It sounds so massive yet so claustrophobic at the same time.  Beyond beautiful and haunting.  I live for this kind of music.

And again, Mariusz Lewandowski with another breathtaking piece of artwork for this record.  His work is iconic and easily recognizable given his style.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

My god I’m 2 songs in and this is phenomenal. I need to read up on the history of this band

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Yeah, this record is absolutely mind blowing.  It sounds so massive yet so claustrophobic at the same time.  Beyond beautiful and haunting.  I live for this kind of music.

And again, Mariusz Lewandowski with another breathtaking piece of artwork for this record.  His work is iconic and easily recognizable given his style.

Haven't listened to it yet but how does it compare to In The Shadow of a Thousand Suns? Into the Ashes and Into the Cold Wastes are my fav tracks by them. They're such juicy and atmospheric tracks, not to mention the drums on those tracks are just insane.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

Haven't listened to it yet but how does it compare to In The Shadow of a Thousand Suns? Into the Ashes and Into the Cold Wastes are my fav tracks by them. They're such juicy and atmospheric tracks, not to mention the drums on those tracks are just insane.

It's not really comparable to "In The Shadow of a Thousand Suns". It's sounds like it's a completely different band. "In The Shadow of a Thousand Suns" is very "Dimmu Borgir" like in his presentation but not this one. It's presenting a more organic sounding album along with some "traditional" use of Black Metal elements. There some progressive sections that elevate the album into its own territory with an atmosphere that is created, all the way to finally finish his path with a magnific violin part at the end of the album reminiscent of "Neo Obliviscaris". It's a very mature sounding album overall with a pretty unique presentation. Hard to explain, but I tried.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

13 hours ago, FallenZA said:

Sorry, didn't check KL until now.  Pretty much what @FallujahQc said.  They finally ditched the wannabe Dimmu Borgir get up and finally created something of their own; something that is truly more captivating and much more cohesive than anything they've ever done in my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't even listened to it yet but know it's a banger.

I do love their old sound.   In the Shadow of a Thousand Suns is one of my favorite albums.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2019 at 9:14 AM, blacktaxi2d said:

My god I’m 2 songs in and this is phenomenal. I need to read up on the history of this band

I've known this band since their Legend EP and, even though I'm still new to them, they've come a long way. They were pretty much a Metalcore version of Cradle Of Filth back on that EP, but went to a more symphonic sound like Emperor, then to the more atmospheric Agalloch/Wolves In The Throne Room sound they're known for now. The vocalist was in The Faceless for In Becoming A Ghost.

I really look forward to giving this band a full album listen finally. They're not going to win over "kvlt" listeners of Black Metal anytime soon, but what I've heard from them has been good.

• Upvote 2

Ok this is a fantastic album if you're into these kinds of sounds. Keeps it intense and melodic throughout. Drums are insane throughout and so well produced. Just a joy to listen to for an hour straight, really.

• Upvote 2

Getting some serious Dissection and Sacramentum vibes from this album. Could be the melodic side of the band's sound, but it's as atmospheric as it is engaging to the listener, which something a lot of Black Metal bands can't seem to get down. I'm fucking impressed. This album is just awesome on the first listen. I've truly have been ignoring this band for far too long.

"Black Waves" gets so beautiful towards the end with the violins, by the way.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I am digging this so hard. And that album artwork tho!

• Upvote 1