Summers

Hollywood Undead - Time Bomb (Single) (2019)

42 posts in this topic

This was pretty solid

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Releases by

1 hour ago, lonkman said:

@Rian-AL Only the guy that wrote and produced and sang all the hooks on their platinum selling debut album and gave them a career.

Deuxe definitely has a great legacy, with one meh selling album, and one flop of an album. 

 

Saying deuce made Hollywood Undead is hilarious, if he was the soul reason for their success, why are they still so successful and him not in nearly any margin?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the guy who actually didn't like California Dreaming as much as I should've for the first 2-3 weeks after it's drop, but now it's arguably my favorite track on V, so in relationship to this track, which is very similar because it features of them and is also the opener for the album.

 Right now, I have yet to warm up to the constant changing of vocalists after almost every single line in the verses. Not the biggest fan of that yet, but the pre-chorus is a fantastic build-up, and that chorus?

 

That chorus is straight fire! SOO fucking catchy, but not in a bad way - Danny sounds like a fucking King on here. I'm so excited for the new release, and even tho it's only 9 tracks, it is only a Volume One, but I hope Volume TWO comes out relatively quickly after the first one. 

 

Already Dead: 8/10

Time Bomb: Resting atm at 6.75/10 (because I'm still warming up to the verses.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant say I like this as much as Already Dead, mainly because the chorus is boring, but man the verses are fucking fire. If these guys manage to redeem themselves with the next album Im gonna eat a fucking broom. 

 

Still, I cant possibly fathom how men their age can write these lyrics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a comparison

 

Nine lives sold 12k copies (rounded up) opening week, and peaked at 32 ob billboard top 100

American Tragedy sold 70k opening week (rounded up) and peaked at number 1 on billboard, and number 2 on various other boards 

 

For someone who used sales as their initial argument for swan songs and how deuce was better and doing better, clearly he isn't and hasn't. Regardless of how much SS sold. American Tragedy sold nearly 7 times more copies than Nine Lives

 

And i guarantee you, despite not knowing the sales on Deuce's - Invincible album, that Five still sold more 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Just as a comparison

 

Nine lives sold 12k copies (rounded up) opening week, and peaked at 32 ob billboard top 100

American Tragedy sold 70k opening week (rounded up) and peaked at number 1 on billboard, and number 2 on various other boards 

 

For someone who used sales as their initial argument for swan songs and how deuce was better and doing better, clearly he isn't and hasn't. Regardless of how much SS sold. American Tragedy sold nearly 7 times more copies than Nine Lives

 

And i guarantee you, despite not knowing the sales on Deuce's - Invincible album, that Five still sold more 

I know i know, self quote = stupid 

 

But, i did fund the sales for invincible and Five

Invincible had higher sales on pre orders specifically.

But Five had higher total sales, and peaked higher most areas 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

I know i know, self quote = stupid 

 

But, i did fund the sales for invincible and Five

Invincible had higher sales on pre orders specifically.

But Five had higher total sales, and peaked higher most areas 

I'm sure Invincible might have had more pre-orders because people might'be been excited or something since Deuce had been out of the music scene for years due to the label issues. Was the numbers you found for the version released in 2017 or the Deuce Dot Com edition in 2015 may I ask? I assume the 2017 because you compared it with Five from HU. 

 

But yeah dude, I 100% agree. Hollywood Undead I think has always been better since Deuce's absence. Although Swan Songs was the main album the kept me alive a few years ago, I still like Danny better as a vocalist, as a songwriter, as a performer, and as a human being, and Hollywood Undead wouldn't have grown or evolved with Deuce. 

 

Think of Deuce from SS to 9 Lives, didn't grow much. Literally only like 2 maybe three good songs on 9 LIves imo because all of them were the EXACT FUCKING SAME thing, or just overall whining about Hollywood Undead even tho he was the problem. Invinvible is considerably better, but there are total only about 8 songs by Deuce I'd say I enjoy while there's only ONE, count it ONE, HU song I'd say I legitimately dislike. 

 

Granted, a little of that may be bias, but the numbers don't lie either, just as you proved. Thank you Dancing in the Dust for using sources to back up your claim instead of calling people stupid like somebody in this comment thread, *COUGH*. 

 

Either way, super duper excited for the New Empire sets of releases, both volumes. Can't wait personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

I'm sure Invincible might have had more pre-orders because people might'be been excited or something since Deuce had been out of the music scene for years due to the label issues. Was the numbers you found for the version released in 2017 or the Deuce Dot Com edition in 2015 may I ask? I assume the 2017 because you compared it with Five from HU. 

 

But yeah dude, I 100% agree. Hollywood Undead I think has always been better since Deuce's absence. Although Swan Songs was the main album the kept me alive a few years ago, I still like Danny better as a vocalist, as a songwriter, as a performer, and as a human being, and Hollywood Undead wouldn't have grown or evolved with Deuce. 

 

Think of Deuce from SS to 9 Lives, didn't grow much. Literally only like 2 maybe three good songs on 9 LIves imo because all of them were the EXACT FUCKING SAME thing, or just overall whining about Hollywood Undead even tho he was the problem. Invinvible is considerably better, but there are total only about 8 songs by Deuce I'd say I enjoy while there's only ONE, count it ONE, HU song I'd say I legitimately dislike. 

 

Granted, a little of that may be bias, but the numbers don't lie either, just as you proved. Thank you Dancing in the Dust for using sources to back up your claim instead of calling people stupid like somebody in this comment thread, *COUGH*. 

 

Either way, super duper excited for the New Empire sets of releases, both volumes. Can't wait personally. 

I compared the 2017 version, as to my knowledge, no money was made frim the 2015 version, as it was all leaked demos, i also chose AT and Nine Lives for a direct comparison as it was borderline same year

 

Appreciate the compliment

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep all replies civil.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

I compared the 2017 version, as to my knowledge, no money was made frim the 2015 version, as it was all leaked demos, i also chose AT and Nine Lives for a direct comparison as it was borderline same year

 

Appreciate the compliment

Well Swan Songs was their first major release, people still didn't know much of what to expect from them. Idk if this comparison has any logic. Deuce's album was pretty underwhelming but so was Five. Invincible's problem is that it drags and generally the songs can't hold your attention enough. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Well Swan Songs was their first major release, people still didn't know much of what to expect from them. Idk if this comparison has any logic. Deuce's album was pretty underwhelming but so was Five. Invincible's problem is that it drags and generally the songs can't hold your attention enough. 

Tbe comparison has logic, that being this guy saying they'd never live to "Deuce's legacy" 

 

Sales don't always mean something is good, but generally speaking, in terms of music, popularity and money = legacy

 

Some of the largest artists today will leave behind mire of a legacy than someone who's smaller but possibly better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 9:28 AM, BrickFace said:

Cant say I like this as much as Already Dead, mainly because the chorus is boring, but man the verses are fucking fire.

 

Couldn't agree more. This easily could have been a Papa Roach song, but the verses are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.