mR12

Coldplay - Everyday Life (Japanese Bonus Edition) (2019)

35 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

surprised this hasn't got more attention yet, not even a fan of these guys but this is a big leak

• Upvote 5

this whole album rollout has been interesting as hell. can't wait to listen!

• Upvote 2

I'm going into this as a huge fan of their Viva LA Vida album, but their last few albums haven't done much for me. So I'm hoping for that "spark" again to reignite my love for Coldplay. Fingers crossed. Thanks! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, PaddyOh said:

I'm going into this as a huge fan of their Viva LA Vida album, but their last few albums haven't done much for me. So I'm hoping for that "spark" again to reignite my love for Coldplay. Fingers crossed. Thanks! 

You won’t be disappointed. They are trending away from mainstream.

• Upvote 1

Why are the interludes just not one whole track? This is supposed to be a 16 track album or something, not 22

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, darkmatter2016 said:

Why are the interludes just not one whole track? This is supposed to be a 16 track album or something, not 22

this is a CD rip, so i'm guessing that's how they came on the CD. i don't believe the interludes are on streaming services, for whatever reason

1 hour ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Did I miss something.. Why are they arabian now

because it is trendy and exotic and people gobble that shit up.  I know someone who is very racist and assumes anyone from remotely anywhere in NE Africa/West Asia is a "terrorist" but then she got this cheesy Christian tattoo on her clavicle but the text is in Arabic; very few things are as hypocritical.  And I know it is a cheesy tattoo given that she posted a pic of the tattoo along with the English translation... But yeah, this is probably the same kinda thing (not saying that Coldplay is racist at all, but the "trendy" thing).

• Upvote 2

Thank you :wub:

You know what....that wasn't half bad. It was lowkey wild. I enjoyed the first half better than the last half. It felt more consistent with shorter track times and more songs. One of their better albums for sure

Wasn't expecting to see this up so soon. Cheers! Gonna give this a listen.

2 hours ago, PaddyOh said:

Really? Ghost Stories (2014) was fantastic. Give that another spin

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

Yeah Ghost Stories might be my favorite album of theirs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Buttercup420 said:

Yeah Ghost Stories might be my favorite album of theirs. 

Mylo Xyloto is my personal favorite but yeah Ghost Stories has such a nice relaxing vibe to it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

Too slow for me to keep in rotation. I liked Mylo Xyloto a bit better. 

honestly, after the slow descent in quality from Coldplay (notably A Head Full of Dreams, Kaleidoscope, and Something Just Like This), this album made me so happy and satisfied. definitely one of their better albums!

FAV TRACKS: Trouble In Town, Arabesque, Orphans, Cry Cry Cry, Champion of the World

p.s. i deadass just went into audacity and mixed all the interlude tracks together and then stuck them at the end of When I Need a Friend so that doesn't bother me lmao

• Upvote 1

Lurker for kind of a while now, but finally made an account to give thanks to whoever put this online so early. Been eagerly awaiting the release of this album and I'm planning to buy the CD upon official release as soon as funding becomes available, maybe even several copies of it just so I can gift it to friends and family in a more genuine way than "Hey, I got a hold of a download of this album online, check it out, I'll send you the files."

I'm not one of those people who are all like "Oh fXck the leakers they're disrespecting the band by posting the music early." Getting the chance to hear the music early just helps me plan my purchases better, so I know what I really want to put money toward on or as close to day one as possible and what to look for later like "ok I can wait to get that one, it's ok but not amazing" or whatever.

Yeah, this is one of those "Yeah, I want it as soon as I can possibly get it" albums, and hearing it early only confirms that belief. Thanks again for sharing!

• Upvote 6

loving the rawness sound from some of these tracks, I like how their going towards their original style, not that anthem sellout sound. I can also appreciate them  opening up on controversial topics such as their religion and gun control. I really like the album and so far my favorites are Everyday Life, Daddy, Guns, and Trouble in Town.

• Upvote 1

Why the hell put 6 interludes all at once.

Parachutes will always be my fav, but I always give their albums a listen just to see if it hits. Been pretty disappointed lately.

• Upvote 2

So many live recordings in this first half. Im scared of the second part. What if they sing a song, while taking a shit?

• Downvote 1

love me some foreplay

Someday, we'll get triple albums with 8 three minutes tracks.

Bani adam is a poem from persian poet "saadi"

earthy, analog, spacious, shittier version of viva la vida. feels like they let the recordings run while they sat around half the time on these 2 minute songs. cherry picking a tolerable song here and there. controversial material was surprising and arguably the strongest points on this album. glad they're not as pop/electronic, but this album with that vibe could've been up there with Viva, but instead it's nothing worth mentioning

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Arabesque is a great song for smoking. Trouble In Town and Guns are decent too