ally

Too Close To Touch - I'm Hard To Love, But So Are You, Vol. 3 (EP) (2019)

33 posts in this topic

Kl2ZekP.jpg

Leaked
Release -November 12, 2019
Genre - Alternative Rock
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Chasing Highs (3:35)
2. Here's A Thought (3:16)
3. Comatose (3:23)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Other Releases by

idk why i feel like i'm not going to listen this ep more than three times, it would be wrong say something like "this is bad" but none of the three songs were really catchy to me, maybe comatose is the most interesting but i can't really enjoy that alternative rock vibe with a vocalist that has such a melancholic voice. it's totally my personal taste but i really don't know how i feel about this.

• Upvote 4

Absolutely love Too Close To Touch and me personally I'm loving these 3 song sets of mini eps. I can't wait for an actual full length at some point. 

• Upvote 2

Vol 1 was nice. Vol 2 was lackluster.

I wonder what I'll get out of this...

These guys were great with Haven't Been Myself and Nerve Endings but the 3 EPs since then have all sounded incredibly uninspired and just bland.  This music that is not interesting in any way and given the wide variety of great music available to listen to, I won't waste one more second on these guys.  It is a shame as they had potential to be good but y'know.

• Upvote 6

Yep, I'm not digging this release any more than I did Vol. 2. This new style is in no way bad but there's nothing special about it and its a sore waste of Keaton and Kenneth's abilities. Usually I try and respect when a band accepts the loss of their members and changes their style, but honestly I just want them to get some new guitarists and get back to doing what they do best.

• Upvote 2

Nice pop rock stuff, but can't come even close to the intense and emotional sound of their fist two albums (just like the other 2 EPs).

• Upvote 4

Well that was disappointing.  Was hoping they'd catch on to the fact that everybody thought the last two EP's sucked ass but they seem content with going down this path..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Comatose is good, but the other two, there's just nothing grabbing me. Such a shame, these guys had a lot of potential in the Post Hardcore scene. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear said:

Comatose is good, but the other two, there's just nothing grabbing me. Such a shame, these guys had a lot of potential in the Post Hardcore scene. 

I don't really get or see how they were considered post hardcore? I have all of their releases including all of these 3 song mini eps and even when they were a full band they really didn't do much screaming at all. I considered them more of a mix between hard rock and alternative rock. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

I don't really get or see how they were considered post hardcore? I have all of their releases including all of these 3 song mini eps and even when they were a full band they really didn't do much screaming at all. I considered them more of a mix between hard rock and alternative rock. 

Eh, its really not hard to get labeled post-hardcore. Have a slightly high pitched vocalist and scream once, bingo bango you're promoted from alt rock. 

40 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

I for the most part agree, but I'd say the fiirst two records were pretty phc but the EPs are not at all.  Not considering their first records phc would discount many other similar bands from being considered phc as well(i.e Sleeping With Sirens, Dayshell, etc...) so the line is really hard to draw there unfortunately. But in the end there really isn't any harm being done calling a band phc who have been known to stray the phc-alt.rock line; nitpicking genres to this degree is futile.

If you didn't like the other two EP's you probably wont care for this one. I think it's slightly worse than the two before it, not bad, but not great. I just hope they are using these mini-EP's to bide time and are actually looking for replacement band members. I would not mind if they released this style of music here and there as long as they drop some of their older style stuff as well. If this is the permanent road they are going down then so be it, and I'll probably still support them and pick up the songs I like. Overall I'll continue to feel a little turned off because I know these guys can do so much more.

• Upvote 1

Nothing they do will ever beat Nerve Endings or Haven't Been Myself. Its a shame, i was obsessed with this band when Nerve Endings dropped, and then as soon as i heard Eiley on Haven't Been Myself, i was gobsmacked and left amazed.

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

These guys were great with Haven't Been Myself and Nerve Endings but the 3 EPs since then have all sounded incredibly uninspired and just bland.  This music that is not interesting in any way and given the wide variety of great music available to listen to, I won't waste one more second on these guys.  It is a shame as they had potential to be good but y'know.

Check out NERV if you haven't already. They are basically TCTT but with a vocalist who can actually sing. They are working on a full length that will probably be out early 2020.

22 hours ago, RockinXander said:

They had a good amount of screaming.  Even when he wasn't screaming he was aggressively singing.  Definitely enough to fit in to post-hardcore.  There's bands labeled as post-hardcore that don't scream at all.

4 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

They had a good amount of screaming.  Even when he wasn't screaming he was aggressively singing.  Definitely enough to fit in to post-hardcore.  There's bands labeled as post-hardcore that don't scream at all.

But screaming isn't necessarily a required component for a band to be considered post hardcore though.

But yeah, they were post hardcore and now are not; not because of the lack of screams now.

3 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

But screaming isn't necessarily a required component for a band to be considered post hardcore though.

But yeah, they were post hardcore and now are not; not because of the lack of screams now.

It’s not just because the lack of screams, remember, but the lack of heaviness. 

4 minutes ago, Nyeusi said:

It’s not just because the lack of screams, remember, but the lack of heaviness. 

I didn't say that they didn't go from post hardcore to not post hardcore (alt rock), which they did.  I acknowledged that they were PHC and are no longer that; and that is not simply because of lack of screams which was supposed to imply the point that you're making after the fact.

5 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Like I said there's post-hardcore bands that don't scream at all.

At the end of the day it's completely subjective what the term means but to me it's all in the aggressiveness of the riffs and vocalization.  Even if TCTT wasn't screaming, he sang with a lot of intensity, plus they had a ton of breakdowns.  Honestly Haven't Been Myself is a harder album than other bands who do nothing but scream.

4 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

Like I said there's post-hardcore bands that don't scream at all.

At the end of the day it's completely subjective what the term means but to me it's all in the aggressiveness of the riffs and vocalization.  Even if TCTT wasn't screaming, he sang with a lot of intensity, plus they had a ton of breakdowns.  Honestly Haven't Been Myself is a harder album than other bands who do nothing but scream.

I am aware, I was just making a comment on that first sentence in which you imply that the presence or lack of screams is a defining factor of being post hardcore or not.  But then you addressed that bands don't have to scream to be in the genre, which is true.

Really enjoyed the two albums, but everything since has been so boring. It's all so bland, basic and uninspired, and almost reeks of them trying to keep putting music out even though they don't really have anything to say, just so people don't forget them while they don't have anything else going on. 

• Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, strengthofheart said:

They are going down the same shitty path that sleeping with sirens did

that sleeping with sirens went down for a while and then released a banger album in 2019*

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Maximo said:

that sleeping with sirens went down for a while and then released a banger album in 2019*

Image result for holding laugh gif 

I am just being an ass

• Sad 1

should've just been one LP instead of 3 EPs. also, wish they weren't as pop/rock as they are now. potential, yet falling short in recent years

Love how they are experimenting with their sound, cuz they perfected it with Havent Been Myself and the 3 songs after. 

What I dont love is how generic most of the songs are.. Still, the first EP and Comatose off of this one fucking bang.