mR12

Invent, Animate - Cloud Cascade (Single) (2019)

35 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Ahhh glad to hear Jeffrey Epstein decided to become a vocalist, no wonder he faked his suicide

Yeah it's definitely Marcus Vik

• Haha 5

still really sounds like old Northlane, vocalist sounds familiar but I’m not sure who it is 

Definitely Markus Vik from Aviana. This is sick, still the Invent Animate I love. Will be good to read the lyrics and see if they're as good as Ben's.

• Upvote 1

Sick

Fuuuuu yeah been waiting ages for this, sick as fuck.

1 hour ago, shfydgi said:

Ahhh glad to hear Jeffrey Epstein decided to become a vocalist, no wonder he faked his suicide

Yeah it's definitely Marcus Vik

Best comment.

Fuck my shit up fam

This is such an incredible step forward instrumentally (imo). Vocally, I knew what to expect going in and I've always dug Vik, so I'm super happy everything came together for them. Probably my most anticipated release of 2020 now.

Not tryna be that guy but please tell me this isn’t the album cover, their artwork previously has been too good for this muddy boring shit

5 minutes ago, Absolomb said:

Not tryna be that guy but please tell me this isn’t the album cover, their artwork previously has been too good for this muddy boring shit

100% sure it isn’t 

• Upvote 1

Those cleans. YIKES. I like everything else but yeah those are a big nope for me.

21 minutes ago, Absolomb said:

I doubt the album cover would have the title of the single smack dab in the center of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

I doubt the album cover would have the title of the single smack dab in the center of it.

placing my bet on them replacing the single title with the band name for the album cover, purely out of spite

• Haha 2

Just now, DeadMilk said:

placing my bet on them replacing the single title with the band name for the album cover, purely out of spite

Image result for big brain time

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

This is good as fuck. The new guy’s screams are for sure better than Ben’s, they have so much more emotion and power. Ben’s cleans were miles ahead though. Breakdowns in this are so nuts. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure why I ever thought Ben could be close to being replaced. I do like the song instrumentally, though not one of their best, and the new vocalist isn't bad, just none of what he does is as good as Ben imo. Ben's lyrics will also be missed. Stillworld is one of my favorite albums so I should've tapered my expectations, but I still think this upcoming LP can be good.

• Upvote 3

@Absolomb it is the artwork, it's really not that big of a deal, so much more importance here other than that. They're back, from a good time away. Just enjoy the fact they're back.

Idk, I was kinda expecting a lot more out of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

I actually really like the artwork, and love the song title. The song was really impressive and the vocals fit great and I personally thought that the cleans sounded awesome. Looking forward to the new album!

Here are the lyrics:

your cloud hovers over me oceans of grey blanket the flashing light drawing the curtains closed i forge a shelter yet it drenches me torrential downpour endlessly casting a shade on purity forging a shelter it drenches me so tell me, “do you believe do you believe you can love me?” star gazing under the darkness of my roof. the clouds blot out the pale moonlight “as surely as the sun rises” says the cloud to her moon i know it wasn’t good for me the way the rain showered me lonely did you believe you could love me? the heavens break cloud cascade quench the torch on my own skin so i can stand in her storm tide shifting, earth shakes crashing from the weight of gravity casting a shade on purity forging a shelter it drenches me so tell me, do you believe? do you believe you can love me? water stands on my skin runs my blood cold yet i will never hide stargazing under the darkness of my roof the clouds blot out the pale moonlight “as surely as the sun rises” your cloud hovers over me drawing the curtains closed

• Upvote 1

Not a fan of the cleans, but the rest is rad. Excited for this album. 

It's good.... not bad... was definitely expecting something a little more exciting.

In my opinion Epicenter is definitely a top 5 AOTY.  Aviana is still super underrated. 

Ben's voice was certainly unique, so I am interested to see how the new Invent album shapes up.

Just a salad of thoughts I have after the first listen :wacko:

Great single. Love the lyrics. Epic vocals. Good fit for the band. 

Solid track. Not the best of their material but good nonetheless

First time listening to this band and, yes, I can fuck with this song. It's bouncy, melodic and good.

12 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

First time listening to this band and, yes, I can fuck with this song. It's bouncy, melodic and good.

What the fuck are you doing, listen to Stillworld right fucking now, much better than this sadly (but this is still good). 

Also listen to the track Luna off of Everchanger (you know much, also listen to Everchanger) 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

@Absolomb it is the artwork, it's really not that big of a deal, so much more importance here other than that. They're back, from a good time away. Just enjoy the fact they're back.

... Why would they use what is very obviously artwork for the single as artwork for the record?  Makes zero sense.  Also completely steps away from their consistent style of artwork.