We are aware that the Deceptive Site Ahead error is back for some users. Google is flagging our site as deceptive due to us using Zippyshare. We are working to redirect all references to Zippyshare to 404 pages. Please note that this does not affect Filecrypt downloads.
mR12

Our Last Night - Overcome The Darkness (2019)

42 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Kind of surprising that they released not one, but two albums in this year, but well here we go, hopefully it's good.

29 minutes ago, Zacha said:

Kind of surprising that they released not one, but two albums in this year, but well here we go, hopefully it's good.

Lmao the last album was actually part one, this is part two. Don't know why they did it this way though. But so far this part seems heavier just a bit. Pretty excited.

• Upvote 1

Okay, just listened to it. It's great, though a little bit underwhelming, not gonna lie. However, I will try to listen to it in the context of the entire double album.

Though, I really liked When Humans Become Our Gods, Losing Sleep, Outnumbered and Hysteria.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hellion6 said:

Lmao the last album was actually part one, this is part two. Don't know why they did it this way though. But so far this part seems heavier just a bit. Pretty excited.

Personally I feel like it's softer. There's some heavy parts, but there was more sprinkled on part 1 a little everywhere, mostly vocally. It's quite similar tho, at some part we could say the instrumentals are indeed heavier. Hysteria is clearly the heaviest track, it bangs.

• Upvote 1

from a band that is famous from "just covering songs" this album is decent but there's nothing too exceptional or that we haven't seen in past albums like oak island

7/10

• Upvote 1

Definitely one of my favorites. Easily combine album 1 and 2 with fantasy land and then you got yourself an easy 16 track lp

• Upvote 1

The fantastic songwriters that are the Wentworths have done it again.

Another batch of great post-hardcore songs. Just post-hardcore songs tho.

The title track isn't good.

Production is kinda weird too.

4 hours ago, Hellion6 said:

more money, that is exactly why they did it.  Why sell one album when you can "force" people to purchase two albums.  More albums, more money.  Classic big brain move yo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

more money, that is exactly why they did it.  Why sell one album when you can "force" people to purchase two albums.  More albums, more money.  Classic big brain move yo

hey, they know how to make money, so why not? nothing wrong with it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, neebnoob18 said:

hey, they know how to make money, so why not? nothing wrong with it

Never said there was yo

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

Never said there was yo

there seemed an implicit message. my bad

Just now, neebnoob18 said:

there seemed an implicit message. my bad

Well, I suppose you're right that it looking back at it.  It was more of a sarcastic answer towards whomever I was first replying to, so that sarcasm does kinda imply that lol.  Also my bad

• Upvote 1

Our Last Night - Overcome The Darkness Review:

When Humans Become Our Gods - 5/5 - loved the catchy hook and chorus
Losing Sleep - 4.5/5
Lost - 4/5
Outnumbered - 4/5
Hysteria - 4.5/5
Let Light Overcome The Darkness - 4/5
The Beaten Path - 3.5/5

I like this 2nd half than the first record earlier this year for sure. Much more rock elements in this one.
Check it out :) 

• Upvote 1

Alright, gave it a few more listens. It's on the same level as Let Light Overcome now for me. 

The Beaten Path is misplaced. I think Let Light Overcome the Darkness or Hysteria could have ended this thing better.

Still big sad they did not put Fantasy Land on this one, so that there'd be 8 tracks on both sides. But that's fine. 

Eitherway, the entire thing, "Let Light Overcome the Darkness" is their longest album now. I wonder if they will release both parts as one at some part. 

40 minutes ago, Burst said:

Alright, gave it a few more listens. It's on the same level as Let Light Overcome now for me. 

The Beaten Path is misplaced. I think Let Light Overcome the Darkness or Hysteria could have ended this thing better.

Still big sad they did not put Fantasy Land on this one, so that there'd be 8 tracks on both sides. But that's fine. 

Eitherway, the entire thing, "Let Light Overcome the Darkness" is their longest album now. I wonder if they will release both parts as one at some part. 

I'm pretty sure Fantasy Land was a Selective Hearing b-side

People actually give a fuck about these guys? Their live shows are like 80% cover songs, such a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

44 minutes ago, ThrownInTheFire said:

Their live shows are like 80% cover songs, such a joke.

Looking at their most recent setlists online and having seen them twice over the years, this is just false.  It’s OK if you don’t like their music, but you don’t have to make stuff up.

• Upvote 6

#suckit

Love this artwork. Giving me serious blessthefall vibes. Also really glad the derpy looking wolf isn't on it as well.image.png.c1dc47640c4ebdc5410b9265b2ccad2b.png I mean look at this goofy boi lol

• Haha 1

FLAC added!

18 hours ago, ThrownInTheFire said:

People actually give a fuck about these guys? Their live shows are like 80% cover songs, such a joke.

Oh shut up when you don't know what you're talking about. OLN are one of these bands that makes an effort to play songs from almost every albums (except TGAU), and shuffle their setlist on almost every tour

This is a great album, better than Let Light. Ppl needs to stop shitting on this band, seriously. This is one of the hardest working band out there.

• Upvote 2

No doubt they are good at what they are doing

I find this one better than the first half of the album. Songwritting is really good imo, some tunes are really catchy

My fav is still Selective Hearing, but I'm not disappointed

• Upvote 1

una de las mejores bandas, y se ve buen disco, saludos!!

Let Light Overcome Overcome the Darkness

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dewey duck said:

Let Light Overcome Overcome the Darkness

That's not gonna bother me now.

I like Part 1 enough that I think I will enjoy this.

• Upvote 1

If they wanted this to a two-parter album that you could then combine to create one whole album why the fuck would they name the second album in such a redundant way? Like c'mon, if they had just named the second part "The Darkness" we would've gotten "Let Light Overcome the Darkness" instead, now we got "Let Light Overcome Overcome the Darkness". It's dumb, it's just dumb. Hell, there's even a track on this album that has the proper combined album name for the track name itself. Fuck you Our Last Night, you haven't been good since We Will All Evolve, actually, that's a dirty lie on my part because I've enjoyed almost everything you've released since then.

• Upvote 1

Something about these guys just doesn't do it for me. Bland song writing.

• Upvote 1

So I just listened to both LLO and this album from start to finish for the first time (I even avoided all the singles to keep this review fresh). To be honest - taking it as all 15 songs as one project - this is OLN's best release since Oak Island (2013).

Is the song writing amazing? No. Are the instrumentals or vocals out of this world? No. But there is something about this project that just makes you want to keep listening. This band is obviously not meant for everyone. They are very "starter-core" as in if you wanted to get your hip hop head friend into metal you'd start with these guys.

But! Let Light Overcome The Darkness has some amazing standout tracks that really caught me off guard. I was expecting Selective Hearing 2.0 but I really felt like I was listening to Oak Island for the first time again. As far as generic Post-Hardcore goes these guys did it right in making a punchy and catchy project with the right balance between the filler/breather tracks and the ballads and head bangers.

When Humans Become Our Gods - 3.5/5

Losing Sleep - 4/5

Lost - 5/5

Outnumbered - 3.5/5

Hysteria - 4.5/5

Let Light Overcome The Darknwas - 3.5/5

The Beaten Path - 4.5/5