mR12

Our Last Night - Overcome The Darkness (2019)

42 posts in this topic

definitely the better half of both albums. the first half had production and slightly more generic problems, while this seems to have fixed a lot of that.

8/10

Other Releases by

On 11/8/2019 at 5:04 PM, Sundance Rain said:

If they wanted this to a two-parter album that you could then combine to create one whole album why the fuck would they name the second album in such a redundant way? Like c'mon, if they had just named the second part "The Darkness" we would've gotten "Let Light Overcome the Darkness" instead, now we got "Let Light Overcome Overcome the Darkness". It's dumb, it's just dumb. Hell, there's even a track on this album that has the proper combined album name for the track name itself. Fuck you Our Last Night, you haven't been good since We Will All Evolve, actually, that's a dirty lie on my part because I've enjoyed almost everything you've released since then.

well that was a journey of a paragraph, 

• Upvote 1

I always assumed these guys were just garbage mallcore, I've only ever heard the covers, but this 'album' is pretty good... might check their discography now

• Upvote 1

It's not much, but if anybody wants to combine both releases to make 1 album, here is my slapdash version of the newest album art with the REAL title.

https://imgur.com/MEm1c20

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NightAngel said:

It's not much, but if anybody wants to combine both releases to make 1 album, here is my slapdash version of the newest album art with the REAL title.

https://imgur.com/MEm1c20

Thanks, this is nice. I had a little bit of a mental break down when thinking about how they fucked up naming both albums, I made a whole comment about it.

• Upvote 1

expecting this to be good, but not have any bangers

25 minutes ago, oxytocin said:

expecting this to be good, but not have any bangers

Hysteria: Am I a joke to you? 

CAN IT JUST BE THEIR LAST NIGHT MAKING ORIGINAL SONGS ALREADY?

• Upvote 1

Couple listens in and I still prefer part 1, but I am definitely gonna keep it in my playlist for a good while.

It's really frustrating and disappointing (again) because technically they're excellent, especially the drummer, but the songwriting is just so poor. Their first two albums still remain the best. Since then they've always sounded like a high school band trying their best to be heavy and it never quite worked for me.