Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Feedback - Quality/Formats

What format, if any, do you want to see more of on the site?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. What format, if any, do you want to see more of on the site?

• MP3/V0
    • FLAC
    • M4A (iTunes)
    • Fine with 320.

6 posts in this topic

What format, if any, do you want to see more of on the site?

• Upvote 3

I'm kind of picky so I'll say CD 320 or CD FLAC (with logs if possible) here and there wouldn't be a bad thing but I'm really fine with just classic 320 as it's the only thing I download on this site anyway

• Upvote 2

I think this website is fine the way it is now, with 320 being the main quality with flac releases if and when they come in. But I wouldn't mind more flac for the best quality, as there are leaks that tend to not sound so great or have gaps in between songs where they're suppose to connect from time to time, so I clicked that.

I would very much like to see FLAC really. But i know they're a bitch to upload and store on a server. That's a lot of data and really adds up when you get a lot of albums.

So honestly if you can, i would like to see more Vinyl rips. 48KHz 320KBPs Mp3's. They sound better than MP3's from a CD.

• Upvote 1

I think the principal goal of a website like this one is to spread the name of a band within the community and possibly encourage them to support the artist. If you're a new music Craver like me, 320Kbps is pretty useful since it's easier to get and you don't have to worry about the disk space. I have to say though that if every release that I'm interested in would be available in Flac on the release day, Leak day or whatever, I would choose this format and the 320 also for my portable device. If I really like an album and the Flac is not possible to find, I'm gonna buy it on Vinyl or with

Bandcamp for the Wav format that give me the more "authentic" listening experience. I remember the early  days with blogspot, I couldn't care less about the Flac versions, so maybe it's coming with the age ha-ha. With all the streaming device nowadays, maybe the majority of the users is used to the "classic" MP3 which is fine with me. I think the submit and request possibility is pretty nice if someone really wants to see a different format on the site even if I haven't tried it yet. To close it all up, I really like what you are doing with mostly MP3 320Kbps CBR and adding the Flac for some release after the fact or pretty early on. If you want to surprise me with a "non standard" format, go ahead!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I'm all for mp3's but m4a's are great too because they hold the "explicit" tag for iTunes. My iTunes tends to match the clean versions of mp3 songs 90% of the time. Plus apple isn't perfect by any means but for iTunes Match, mp3's that get uploaded instead of matched tend to error and only play 2/3 of a song before skipping to the next on phones.

I've found that I have to convert 320 mp3's to m4a and manually adjust the tag before I can drop them into iTunes. They usually match, but if it's a leak, they'll "upload" and I definetely lose some quality there. 

I know there's other music programs out there but for apple users this tends to be pretty common. 

• Upvote 1