Deftones has leaked -- however, at the request of a significant member of the fan community, Kingdom Leaks has decided not to aid in its spread until Thursday morning EDT. What you do with that is up to you, but please don't be asking us for links or publicly aid others in finding it on this website.
mR12

Feedback - Genres

If there were a genre you would want to see more of on the site, what would it be?  

755 members have voted

1. 1. If there were a genre you would want to see more of on the site, what would it be?

• Core
    • Metal
    • Rap/R'n'B
    • Indie (Rock/Pop)
    • Electronic
    • Pop
    • Pop Punk
    • Country/Folk
    • Other (put in comments)
    • I'm fine with the current balance of genres.

44 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2019 at 12:15 AM, Edgekrvzher said:

Outside of Lil Uzi Vert, I honestly haven't heard of any of the three, which could be the reason why they were never posted here. There are smaller artists that get lost in the mix, whatever genre it may be. There are a lot of albums I like that aren't posted on here, let alone, singles from artists I like that never were either. Honestly, if Hip-Hop was to get a bit more covered, you would need a provider who's big into the Hip-Hop scene. That's why we get so many -Core releases, after all, because that's what a lot of the providers listen to.

I get what you're saying, but considering they all have songs with at least 30 million plays I wouldnt call them "small". Gashi is another missing release I just thought of, not exactly a small artist either.

At the end of the day all I did was answer the question of this topic, not trying to start a discussion

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

7 hours ago, BrickFace said:

At the end of the day all I did was answer the question of this topic, not trying to start a discussion

Sorry baby, I still love you though.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

I voted Other. Doom Metal.

Although I honestly think you guys are already doing a great job with the varieties of music found on here.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:02 AM, BrickFace said:

I get what you're saying, but considering they all have songs with at least 30 million plays I wouldnt call them "small". Gashi is another missing release I just thought of, not exactly a small artist either.

Def agree with Brickface. I get the site is big on core but Hip Hop/Rap is seriously overlooked on KL. Again it's not about posting every Lil or SoundCloud rapper, but show some variety of what rap has to offer. I've never seen the genre be as experimental as the last couple of years, it's fun stuff once you get past the genre label. 

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see more emo / punk.  (Not so much pop punk.) 

You didn't have just "punk rock" listed, and so much emo these days is mixed with punk (very effectively, I might add), that I'd love to see more of both of those.  And when I say "emo", I mean more of what the genre describes in the pre-2000s and post 2000s... there was that time period from 2000 to nearly 2010 where "emo" meant over-produced pop-punk with lots of black makeup and a few screams.  That's not what I mean by "emo" though... I mean the more interesting indie-rock stuff coming out of punk/hardcore music but with a bit more interesting/unique song arrangements and more varied vocals (which a lot of people describe as an "emotional" element) - and a whole lot of it is DIY (thus, definitely not over-produced).  The "midwest emo" sound these days is sometimes a bit formulaic, but I still much prefer that sound to the early 2000s "emo".

• Upvote 1

Punk Rock, Skate Punk

• Upvote 1

More mathcore and avant-garde stuff would be cool. Just no increase to hip-hop and rap.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I realize it's fairly niche, but post-rock will always get my attention.

• Upvote 1

I like what we got but this site is primarily metal focussed, and we should delve more into dads other genres heavier if we want an actually diverse mix

• Upvote 2

Some Drum & Bass would be absolutely stellar.

Also some more j-rock, jazz, anime, mathcore, and avante-garde like others have said would be great. 

Oh and if possible some more swing, electroswing and operatic style stuff would be killer.

1436859112550.gif

What about more Soundtracks? To movies, games, tv shows, etc. 

Shoegaze for sure - bands like Nothing, Narrow Head, Keep, Warm, Slow Crush, Life on Venus...