Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
mR12

Feedback - Genres

If there were a genre you would want to see more of on the site, what would it be?  

382 members have voted

1. 1. If there were a genre you would want to see more of on the site, what would it be?

• Core
    • Metal
    • Rap/R'n'B
    • Indie (Rock/Pop)
    • Electronic
    • Pop
    • Pop Punk
    • Country/Folk
    • Other (put in comments)
    • I'm fine with the current balance of genres.

31 posts in this topic

If there were a genre you would want to see more of on the site, what would it be?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, mR12 said:

I have 2 choices. One is pop punk and the other is more Christian genres... Christian Rock, Christian Hard Rock, Christian Metal and Core, Contemporary Christian artists like Kutless, Chris Tomlin, Phil Wickham and more variety like that because it doesn't exist on here

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

I have 2 choices. One is pop punk and the other is more Christian genres... Christian Rock, Christian Hard Rock, Christian Metal and Core, Contemporary Christian artists like Kutless, Chris Tomlin, Phil Wickham and more variety like that because it doesn't exist on here

You have a favorite Christian artist?

Mix of metal and core, doesn't have to necessarily be standard core

3 minutes ago, mR12 said:

You have a favorite Christian artist?

Hmmm wow lol I honestly like a lot of Christian artists/bands. Um well I guess just to name a few it would be... Chris Tomlin, Phil Wickham, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, Jars Of Clay, Switchfoot, Red, Seventh Day Slumber, Future Of Forestry and I can continue on listing more artists and bands.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RockinXander said:

Hmmm wow lol I honestly like a lot of Christian artists/bands. Um well I guess just to name a few it would be... Chris Tomlin, Phil Wickham, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, Jars Of Clay, Switchfoot, Red, Seventh Day Slumber, Future Of Forestry and I can continue on listing more artists and bands.

Currently listening to Jars of Clay as I read this message lol

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, mR12 said:

Currently listening to Jars of Clay as I read this message lol

Lol That's awesome!

Easily Electronic for me. I love it, from Ebm, to Idm, to Synthpop and most other umbrella terms in between. I see awesome, more established artists get posted on here when they have release out (Aphex Twin, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy), but I wouldn't mind some more getting posted.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RockinXander said:

Check out John Waller if you like Chris Tomlin! He's my personal favorite Contemporary Christian artist!

I voted Pop-Punk. I'm definitely happy with the balance of genres as it is right now tho haha, and I absolutely adore a lot of core music, but since I do already see a lot of that, I feel it would be unfair to just say "ONLY CORE ON KL REEEEEE", but since I love my healthy dosage of pop-punk too, that's my vote!

• Upvote 1

I honestly think you guys are doing a perfect job and cover pretty much every genre out there, but if i had to pick, maybe i'd like to see a bit more of indie/acoustic. It's a genre i don't know too well and i often find some gems here and there

We easily need more electronic/edm music here. I feel like I see only 1 release a week at most.

• Upvote 2

I think its just been a down year for pop punk, but im hoping something good pops up towards the end of this year.

less core

more post-rock

• Upvote 3

shoegaze and kpop

• Upvote 1

game soundtrack, anime soundtrack and the Oldies

• Upvote 1

Avant-Garde or some really unusual stuff.

• Upvote 2

There are a few more Shoegaze listeners on Kingdom Leaks than I thought there were.

+1 on gazing at my shoes, because I need to tap the correct effect pedal. And because I like the style as well.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:22 PM, Edgekrvzher said:

Easily Electronic for me. I love it, from Ebm, to Idm, to Synthpop and most other umbrella terms in between. I see awesome, more established artists get posted on here when they have release out (Aphex Twin, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy), but I wouldn't mind some more getting posted.

I feel you with that its what I voted for too out the options there but I would say Shoegaze/Dream Pop for an option thats not there

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:46 AM, AMNESIK said:

I honestly think you guys are doing a perfect job and cover pretty much every genre out there, but if i had to pick, maybe i'd like to see a bit more of indie/acoustic. It's a genre i don't know too well and i often find some gems here and there

This is my song that was posted on here a while ago. You might like it, idk :)

I would love to see more Reggae. Otherwise, I feel this site does a wonderful and balanced job with music genres. 

On 11/3/2019 at 9:17 PM, mR12 said:

Isn't a genre exactly, but I would like to see more music in other languages than english.

It's not that the actual balance is bad or anything, but it would be nice to discover new bands in my language or others.

bro just let us blacklist rap\hip-hop from main feed, it will save so much time

there are singles showing again?

• Confused 1

Definitely Rap & RnB. Not every lil lil's mixtape obviously, but at least the big and semi big releases should be posted lol

3 hours ago, BrickFace said:

Definitely Rap & RnB. Not every lil lil's mixtape obviously, but at least the big and semi big releases should be posted lol

I think Hip-Hop and R&B is covered pretty well on here, but yeah, it would be a mess if every Soundcloud rapper's mixtape was available for download here too.

19 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

I think Hip-Hop and R&B is covered pretty well on here, but yeah, it would be a mess if every Soundcloud rapper's mixtape was available for download here too.

Bawskee 3 wasnt posted (despite 1 and 2 being posted), SAINt JHNs last album wasnt posted either, neither was Thutmose - Man on Fire

Also big singles like Lil Uzis Sanguine Paradise / Thats A Rack should definitely be posted lol