Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
Sign in to follow this  
Weiße Rose

Newcomers of 2019

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

i am currently compiling a playlist of newer bands who released stuff in 2019

so far i have got this: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1vU28s1Kf2TbJxtqwVf4az?si=Mtpaj_XPSg2h_cFBq7726w

I'd appreciate any recommendations - the playlist should mostly be metalcore/hardcore/post-hardcore and maybe some deathcore. And i will limit it to one song per band

I see you have Thornhill there, but they aren't newcomers, so I'll write some bands that are growing or aren't that much known as well

Doses - Doses
Chat Pile - This Dungeon Earth
Uneven Structure - Paragon
Void of Vision - Hyperdaze
Varials - In Darkness
Diamond Construct - Diamond Construct
Desolate - Oyasumi, Vol. 1
Castor's Hollow - Shape and Void
SLOTHREAT - Allium
Employed to Serve - Eternal Forward Motion
Cursed Earth - The Deathbed Sessions
Microwave - Death is a Warm Blanket
Spiritbox - Singles Collection
The Brave - Aura
a crowd of rebellion - Black_24:
My Epic - Violence

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Those are actual NEWCOMERS who started in 2019 and are MUST CHECK

- Dealer 

- Left to Suffer 

• Upvote 1

Sleep Token are releasing their debut in 2 ish weeks (10 of 12 songs have already been released)

and no, I will NEVER stop shilling this band

Do we know what a newcomer is? I mean, I understand this post as "bands that released their debut in 2019", not bands that were formed back in 2008 and released their THIRD album in 2019. I don't see anything "newcomer" about it. What bands do I  consider as newcomers? Shrezzers for example: debut single back in 2018 and they released their debut album in january 2019.

Other newcomers:

Hate Force (formed back in 2014, released their debut this year)

Brand of Sacrifice

Flames of Betrayal (amazing old school metalcore, they are on bandcamp)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

I see you have Thornhill there, but they aren't newcomers, so I'll write some bands that are growing or aren't that much known as well

Doses - Doses
Chat Pile - This Dungeon Earth
Uneven Structure - Paragon
Void of Vision - Hyperdaze
Varials - In Darkness
Diamond Construct - Diamond Construct
Desolate - Oyasumi, Vol. 1
Castor's Hollow - Shape and Void
SLOTHREAT - Allium
Employed to Serve - Eternal Forward Motion
Cursed Earth - The Deathbed Sessions
Microwave - Death is a Warm Blanket
Spiritbox - Singles Collection
The Brave - Aura
a crowd of rebellion - Black_24:
My Epic - Violence

thanks for the list

- just curious if you consider Thornhill not as newcomers why did you add cursed earth/void of vision/a crowd of rebellion/Employed to serve to your list they are all a few albums in while Thorny released their debut.

5 hours ago, Crust said:

Do we know what a newcomer is? I mean, I understand this post as "bands that released their debut in 2019", not bands that were formed back in 2008 and released their THIRD album in 2019. I don't see anything "newcomer" about it. What bands do I  consider as newcomers? Shrezzers for example: debut single back in 2018 and they released their debut album in january 2019.

Other newcomers:

Hate Force (formed back in 2014, released their debut this year)

Brand of Sacrifice

Flames of Betrayal (amazing old school metalcore, they are on bandcamp)

who are you talking about with 3rd album?

I considered upcoiming bands who at most released a debut. if its their sophomore i would probably not consider them unless they were incredibly new (say 2 records in 1 year)

16 minutes ago, Weiße Rose said:

thanks for the list

- just curious if you consider Thornhill not as newcomers why did you add cursed earth/void of vision/a crowd of rebellion/Employed to serve to your list they are all a few albums in while Thorny released their debut.

Thornhill put out Butterfly EP last year as well as couple of singles and their debut 13 EP back in 2016 so they are defnitely not new, just not that much known. Hopefully with this debut LP they will get bigger. I put out these bands for the same reasons, they are just not very well known and I feel like the stuff they put out this year made them a lot more visible. 

2 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Thornhill put out Butterfly EP last year as well as couple of singles and their debut 13 EP back in 2016 so they are defnitely not new, just not that much known. Hopefully with this debut LP they will get bigger. I put out these bands for the same reasons, they are just not very well known and I feel like the stuff they put out this year made them a lot more visible. 

It is just confusing that you said that Thornhill aren't newcomers and then put other bands who are also not newcomers.  Yeah, the point you made is true that they are still relatively unknown (well some of those bands are certainly a lot bigger than others...) but it just completely clashes with the logic of your first sentence on your first comment.

• Upvote 1

I know they aren't really that new but the only one I can think off the top of my head is Sleep Token

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Weiße Rose said:

who are you talking about with 3rd album?

I considered upcoiming bands who at most released a debut. if its their sophomore i would probably not consider them unless they were incredibly new (say 2 records in 1 year)

Uneven Structure. French band formed back in 2008. First time I ever listened to them was back in 2012/2013. Definitely not newcomer and VERY WELL KNOWN in the prog scene. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 11/3/2019 at 9:49 PM, Summers said:

I know they aren't really that new but the only one I can think off the top of my head is Sleep Token

thanks - woudl you pick melatonin or was there another single released?

On 11/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, NieR:Automata™ said:

ah i see - was just a bit confused there ^^