BenjaminBurnley

The Word Alive - BURNING YOUR WORLD DOWN [Single] (2019)

28 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

My hopes for this are nonexistent after how bad Violent Noise was. Thanks though.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

is this some kind of violent noise deluxe?

Just now, rxchvrd said:

New song i believe for the new record for next year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rxchvrd said:

Telle has mentioned on his Twitter and Instagram that they wrapped up their next album, he also is done with his solo album as well.

I've been following Telle for a while on twitter and he said that this is ''their best work ever'' (like every other band with their upcoming album lol). I quite like this but dont really see how this stands out with their early material. It's basically a song from Violent Noise, but a little bit better

The vocals are great (Actually has emotion behind them unlike 90% of the last album) , Telle also sounds like Shayley Bourget in parts of this song just a shame the instrumentals are generic and dull pulls the whole song down

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I miss when this band was interesting. I guess if the whole album comes out like this, I really am finally done with them.

• Upvote 4

I only enjoy the Demos with Craig and Deceiver and the production of Life Cycles (but not the songs, except for "Hidden Lakes" which was kind of "Like Father Like Son v2.0")

ehhh i LOVE these guys and ive only listened once and these guys are always growers but this just wasnt to impressive. Is there album info yet?

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

ehhh i LOVE these guys and ive only listened once and these guys are always growers but this just wasnt to impressive. Is there album info yet?

No info yet sir.

Meh. These guys haven't done anything interesting since Dark Matter and this doesn't help either.

I kinda like it, generic it is a bit but it's kinda catchy. But I hope for something unique on the album.

I actually LOVED most of the last record but it took some time. Dark matter tho was just insane :)  good. I wish luke would play with them again he has such a way with drums. Random but WTF is up with i see stars?

• Upvote 1

Nothing really special, but I don't have much faith in them anymore after that last record anyways.

• Upvote 1

I love the chorus a lot actually. But I can see why a lot of people don't like this

I was really hoping after the disaster of their last album they'd do something more interesting even if it was gonna be in this genre. However even Erik Ron can't seem to make this band interesting anymore.

• Upvote 1

Yep, vocals are just pure amazing, but the instrumentals are so boring, jesus christ. Sounds like it will be better than their last album, thankfully

I quite frankly enjoyed this song a lot! Some people complain they don't change, some people complain change too much - can never win!

• Upvote 1

Telle’s voice sounds better than it ever has, but the instrumental work has taken a noticeable hit since Dark Matter

its still good and catchy but I miss the crazy djenty shit they did on that record

• Upvote 2

I really miss old TWA.

Idk if anyone else heard this.... but in some parts of this song I would swear that this sounded like it was a Too Close to Touch song (not one specifically, just sounded like a song they would do).

On 10/31/2019 at 4:47 PM, Summers said:

The vocals are great (Actually has emotion behind them unlike 90% of the last album) , Telle also sounds like Shayley Bourget in parts of this song just a shame the instrumentals are generic and dull pulls the whole song down

its so sad because their guitarist is posting sick riffs on insta