BenjaminBurnley

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold (Aurora Version) [Single] (2019)

32 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is L-A-Z-Y. The vocals are the same, the bass seems the same. The lead guitars are replaced by acoustic but....c'mon now...

Btw this is coming from a MEGA BB fan. I've loved them since I was 10 years old

• Upvote 4

If anyone is curious.

1. So Cold (we are not alone)

2. Failure ft Michael Barnes of Red (dark before dawn)

3. Far Away ft Scooter Ward of Cold (original, i believe)

4. Angels Fall (dark before dawn)

5. Red Cold River ft Spencer Chamberlain of Underoath (ember)

6. Tourniquet (ember)

7. Dance with the Devil ft Adam Gontier of ex-Three Days Grace/ Saint Asonia (phobia)

8. Never Again (dark before dawn)

9. Torn In Two (ember)

10. Dear Agony ft Lacey Sturm of Flyleaf (dear agony)

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Satan's Favourite said:

@Satan's Favourite either when the album comes out or they release it as a single before release

18 minutes ago, Stasz18 said:

This is L-A-Z-Y. The vocals are the same, the bass seems the same. The lead guitars are replaced by acoustic but....c'mon now...

I mean, what do you expect from the MOST CONSISTENT band ever? :D :D

• Upvote 1

Is this any different from the acoustic version that's already available on the So Cold EP? I thought it was weird that they skipped a song like Diary of Jane because there's already an acoustic version out there but they still included So Cold.

(Edit: Upon further inspection, the recording on the EP is actually live, not studio)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dan_622 said:

Is this any different from the studio acoustic version that's already available on the So Cold EP? I thought it was weird that they skipped a song like Diary of Jane because there's already an acoustic version out there but they still included So Cold.

They basically took the vocals from The original so cold and took the acoustics from so cold ep version and made it high quality and maybe added a few strings. it's sad that they did this....

• Upvote 3

This absolutely BLOWS!!  What a complete waste of time. They’re is nothing even slightly interesting about this. This album SHOULD have had all songs they’ve never released acoustic before. Not this recycled shit. I wouldn’t give them a nickel for this “album”. 🙄🙄. I don’t even need to hear another song to know this will be the laziest release of 2020. 

• Upvote 3

This was pretty boring, but holy shit the acoustic version of Failure with Michael from Red is going to be incredible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Nice I guess, but I love the album name.

16 hours ago, Stasz18 said:

Yeah, I gotta agree. I'm in the same boat (except I became a casual listener I 2010 (when I was 10))

I wondered why it sounded like i heard it before. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Stasz18 said:

Exactly plus they already did a live acoustic version of this song in 2004 that was released on an EP & it sounds just as good as this if not better.

I was disappointed in the lack of (other) We Are Not Alone tracks for this acoustic album.
“Follow” or “Sooner or Later” acoustic would’ve been awesome.

also some more stuff from “Phobia” would be nice. 

19 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

They basically took the vocals from The original so cold and took the acoustics from so cold ep version and made it high quality and maybe added a few strings. it's sad that they did this....

I’m sure they still re-recorded the vocals and instruments, they just didn’t change up the style of the song & wanted it to be close to the OG as possible.

waste of a spot on the track list considering they released an acoustic version of this song before (like you said).

There’s so many other great songs on We Are Not Alone they could’ve picked to do acoustic versions of. 

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Gandalfstorm said:

If anyone is curious.

6. Tourniquet (ember)

7. Dance with the Devil ft Adam Gontier of ex-Three Days Grace/ Saint Asonia (phobia)

9. Torn In Two (ember)

looking forward to this!

• Upvote 2

I love BB but, nah. It doesn't sound good at all. :/ it just makes me wanna listen to the 'real' song.

Well, like some of you guys i've been a huge fan of them since 2008 (I was 11 years old back then) and surely this disappoints. I wish they did something more like the first acoustic version in the EP but still a little bit different and new. I hope the rest of the album doesn't follow this kind of work. It's a shame that there's not a single song from Saturate.

Btw, for those that aren't aware, they have a number of studio and live acoustic recordings already available if you want to check those out:

- Polyamourous (studio)

- Rain (original version was just acoustic guitar and vox before it was replaced by the full band version, still technically acoustic either way I guess)

- So Cold (live)

- Diary of Jane (studio)

- Had Enough (live) 

- Until the End (live)

- Breath (live)

- Without You (studio) (Japan bonus track only)

- Give Me a Sign (studio) (Japan bonus track only)

- I Will Not Bow (studio)

• Upvote 2

When i saw that photo of Ben, Lacey, and Scooter in the studio. I was hoping it was for the whole new band project Ben and Lacey were talking about https://metalanarchy.com/2019/10/13/lacey-sturm-ex-flyleaf-confirms-that-her-and-benjamin-burnley-breaking-benjamin-are-talking-about-starting-a-new-band/

On 10/31/2019 at 2:39 PM, nineball4444 said:

This absolutely BLOWS!!  What a complete waste of time. They’re is nothing even slightly interesting about this. This album SHOULD have had all songs they’ve never released acoustic before. Not this recycled shit. I wouldn’t give them a nickel for this “album”. 🙄🙄. I don’t even need to hear another song to know this will be the laziest release of 2020. 

>Laziest release of 2020

Bro Five Finger Death Punch will be rushing out their patented "Hoo Raa Monster Energy" buttrock so they can get off their old label.  Give it time.

8 hours ago, Dan_622 said:

Btw, for those that aren't aware, they have a number of studio and live acoustic recordings already available if you want to check those out:

- Polyamourous (studio)

- Rain (original version was just acoustic guitar and vox before it was replaced by the full band version, still technically acoustic either way I guess)

- So Cold (live)

- Diary of Jane (studio)

- Had Enough (live) 

- Until the End (live)

- Breath (live)

- Without You (studio) (Japan bonus track only)

- Give Me a Sign (studio) (Japan bonus track only)

- I Will Not Bow (studio)

Did he ever officially put out his AEnima Tool cover and Time After Time Cyndi Lauper cover?

On 11/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, dorathekiller97 said:

I love BB but, nah. It doesn't sound good at all. :/ it just makes me wanna listen to the 'real' song.

why did you downvote my comment?

I'm down for anything BB puts out

Acoustic?

Remaster?

Featuring?

Hell yeah and I'll suck a lot of things to get these

Pumped af

On 11/4/2019 at 12:25 AM, Tedwards_ said:

why did you downvote my comment?

Because they didn't re-record the vocals at all. I can up your comment if you want, everything else you said was right imo

On 10/31/2019 at 8:46 AM, Gandalfstorm said:

If anyone is curious.

6. Tourniquet (ember)

9. Torn In Two (ember)

Tbh I was hoping Dear Agony would just be Ben. Especially on that song specifically due to it's subject matter. But I'm still pretty excited for it.

15 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

Tbh I was hoping Dear Agony would just be Ben. Especially on that song specifically due to it's subject matter. But I'm still pretty excited for it.

It would be more emotional with just him. Agreed

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dorathekiller97 said:

Because they didn't re-record the vocals at all. I can up your comment if you want, everything else you said was right imo

Are you sure? I doubt they would just re-use vocals from 2004. Especially when they’re already in studio recording vocals for some other songs on the track list which haven’t been acoustic before 

9 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

Are you sure? I doubt they would just re-use vocals from 2004. Especially when they’re already in studio recording vocals for some other songs on the track list which haven’t been acoustic before 

They sound completely the same, i'm almost 100% sure.