загружено.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

THANKS!!

i couldn't finish this bc of being bad/boring  af

can't believe is the same band that made peripheral vision

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

Definitely not pop punk, at least anymore. This is more of a twinkly synth rock sound.

This is... surprisingly WAY better than I thought it would be based off of the singles. There are some really great songs on here (Ceramic Sky, Valley Of The Moon, No Reply, Temporary Love). Problem is there’s just as many painfully dull tracks (Parties, Number On The Gate). Even Sending Me Right Back, which sounds like what the Good Nature album art looks like, isn’t extremely attention grabbing. But oh man, the good songs REALLY make up for it. Those tracks feel like exactly what this band has been lacking since Peripheral Vision, which in my eyes is a modern classic. Overall 6.5/10. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not a fan of where this band has gone with this album...but I appreciate the change. Apart from some of the singles and Still in Motion, I really don't like this album. I had a feeling something felt off after Good Nature was "okay" to me. This band peaked with Peripheral Vision and I don't think it will ever match the excellence of that album.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Kozlina31 said:

Genre - Pop Punk, Emo

загружено.jpg

Unfortunately I don't listen to this type of music, so I trust genre grabbers from online. Nor am I interested in identifying the nuances of stylistic changes in every band we post. So that being said, what should the right genre be? :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mR12 said:

Unfortunately I don't listen to this type of music, so I trust genre grabbers from online. Nor am I interested in identifying the nuances of stylistic changes in every band we post. So that being said, what should the right genre be? :lol:

Dream pop, indie rock, shoegaze

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, rxchvrd said:

i couldn't finish this bc of being bad/boring  af

can't believe is the same band that made peripheral vision

Terrible take but ok

Lol “couldn’t finish this”

that alone makes your opinion invalid. 
PV is great but you need to stop comparing everything to it. A lot of ppl sh*t on Good Nature because it was a different style but i actually liked that one more than PV. This album sounds more like a combo of the first two.

Btw you can’t tell me “Much After Feeling” isn’t a great song 

14 hours ago, Crucial Lou said:

Definitely not pop punk, at least anymore. This is more of a twinkly synth rock sound.

They haven’t been pop punk since their debut EP way back before Peripheral Vision came out. They’ve been shoegaze/dream pop since then and it works for them more imo

• Downvote 1

i loved peripheral vision and good nature and appreciate the contrast and differences between the two. to me, this album definitely sounds like a continuation of good nature, but a bit jazzier. it’s nice to have some fresh sounding songs to add to the bands already wide variety of sounds, but i did feel some of the tracks were a little boring and lifeless. Might be a grower for me, though “Still in Motion” is excellent and where i feel the band is at their best stylistically 

• Upvote 2

Definitely a perfect combo of PV and GN with some new ideas thrown in. Easily in my top 10 albums this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This album feels me taking back where MacGyver was exist.

6 hours ago, Jon Lochert said:

i loved peripheral vision and good nature and appreciate the contrast and differences between the two. to me, this album definitely sounds like a continuation of good nature, but a bit jazzier. it’s nice to have some fresh sounding songs to add to the bands already wide variety of sounds, but i did feel some of the tracks were a little boring and lifeless. Might be a grower for me, though “Still in Motion” is excellent and where i feel the band is at their best stylistically 

Definitely some filler tracks on this one, but that’s fine you can’t expect them to top Peripheral Vision and Good Nature. 
“Much After Feeling” is for sure one of their best & catchiest songs though 

• Upvote 1

I’ve listened to this about 4 times, and I find it to be just fine. I absolutely love the vibe they are going for although I hate to say it but kicking Eric out of the band really shows a lot. I think it’s one of those albums that when you put in the rotation of their other albums it works better. 

• Upvote 1

This is the exact opposite to the feelings I got from Good Nature, excellent instrumentation, forgettable vocal melodies. Still a good record to chill with.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

I do like this quite a bit after 2 spins. It maintains a steady sound throughout the whole record, but it is pulled off effectively, You gotta be in the mood for some chill shit, or just want good bgm, but I think it'd serve that purpose well. There just aren't a lot of exciting moments that make me love this album. I like Still in Motion, Parties, Ceramic Sky, Valley of the Moon, and No Reply as my favorites, but even my favorites all blend together a bit other than the sax on Ceramic Sky. This album will serve me well in early mornings or late at night, but won't crack my favorites of the year, and that's okay.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xcblackdiamond said:

I do like this quite a bit after 2 spins. It maintains a steady sound throughout the whole record, but it is pulled off effectively, You gotta be in the mood for some chill shit, or just want good bgm, but I think it'd serve that purpose well. There just aren't a lot of exciting moments that make me love this album. I like Still in Motion, Parties, Ceramic Sky, Valley of the Moon, and No Reply as my favorites, but even my favorites all blend together a bit other than the sax on Ceramic Sky. This album will serve me well in early mornings or late at night, but won't crack my favorites of the year, and that's okay.

Much After Feeling is best track