mR12

Fire From the Gods - American Sun (2019)

27 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

ohhhh boy.... finally

Thanks! Excited to play this one on my way to work this morning.

I remember when Rise released their debut single a few years age, Excuse Me. Such a great song. Here’s to hoping we get some similar tracks like that!

The American Sun song :dumbass:.... the energy it gives.... yesss!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Is there anything remotely heavy on it? Thought the 3 singles were okay but not sure I want 13 songs that all sound like that

Still an underrated band that is extremely unique and just makes solid music. Some bangers on here. No bad tracks though

I can't see Break The Cycle without thinking of For Today

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Its not bad, its just not something id listen to alot.

This is actually pretty groovy, I dig it. 

2 hours ago, bananarampage said:

I can't see Break The Cycle without thinking of For Today

Staind did it first 

I just don't know about this....will give it another go. Thanks for sharing.

This album's fantastic. One of my favourites of my year.

Honestly sounds like a boring Sevendust rip-off based on the singles, despite their previous albums. Don't know what people see in them, certainly not unique either.

24 minutes ago, InsidAero said:

Honestly sounds like a boring Sevendust rip-off based on the singles, despite their previous albums. Don't know what people see in them, certainly not unique either.

Just a rapcore group that has nu metal/alternative vibes from most their songs where they could do a bit better for this record but its pretty decent. Both are completely different. 

I was blown away by this. Real funny tidbit....So im listening to track 5 they dont like it. As im listening im thinking man this is the POD record ive been waiting years for! Than I hear the 2nd verse and im like hey WTF!? Sonny! Amazing record guys!

FLAC added!

Anybody get sevendust vibes? Going to see them in 9 days with ffdp and bad wolves.

@Steveaux69  I get Sevendust vibes for sure...  and I will see them live on 11/15 w/ FFDP as well so I will be able to see how they are live...  that's the true test for me.

• Upvote 1

After spending a few days with this record - It’s actually very good. I didn’t expect to speak so highly of it. Lots of catchy tunes with rap/metal vibes.

Fight The World, Victory, Another Level, and All My Heroes Are Dead are heavy and total bangers (the latter is my favorite).

The only downside to this album are the fillers: Out Of Time, and Breaking The Cycle. They just aren’t that appealing (to me at least).

Finally got around to listening to this. After loving their first record, I'm really disappointed with this one. A lot of the songs sound very similar and the lyrics are literally exactly the same in every song. The first album had this problem too but it wasn't as noticeable on the surface level. Maybe this'll grow on me if I just tune out the lyrics.

Now let's wait for the clapback from Backwordz

I think it's a good album but not great. There are some good songs but not enough variety across the 13 songs. I think it definitely falls flat in parts due to their choice to completely strip unclean vocals from their sound.

I couldn't give it higher than 7/10. 

Favourite tracks: Another Level, All My Heroes Are Dead, They Don't Like It and American Sun.

• Upvote 1

wow, I cannot believe that I just gave up a whole hour to listen to this shit. I thought there would be some decent bangers like their last album, but nope, this is terrible.

Finally got around to listening to this one and honestly this is a MASSIVE step down from their Debut. They hit the Sophomore slump big time with this one. There's some good parts here and there but overall the album is really bland and falls flat on it's face. I really hope they do better with LP3 4/10.

Favorite Tracks: Right Now, American Sun, All My Heroes Are Dead, Survivors Prayer

Least Favorite Tracks: Truth to the Weak, Trust, Victory, Out of Time, Another Level and Break the Cycle