Cosmic Reaper

Dayshell - Mr. Pain (2019)

56 posts in this topic

Yeah a few of these songs were filler material and easily could’ve been swapped out for better quality re-recordings of the demos “H8wave” and  “Feelfly”. Those are good songs.

I get that Shayley figured we’d want more new songs instead of re-recording those two demos but in this case quantity shouldn’t be prioritized over quality. “Nexus” is still the best album by far.

That’s okay though. Not every new album has to top the previous: 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Awfully mediocre alt-rock disguised as post-hardcore. While some songs are somewhat enjoyable, I wish the whole album was in the style of tracks like Set Fire. Or at least shorter. Won't even bother rating this as it's nothing impressive, but probably enough to satisfy majority the KL community who enjoy easily accessible braindead music

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, AMNESIK said:

Still on the fence with this band, i like what they try to do, but i simply think they're just average at it. Not a fan of the vocals either.

Go back and listen to the 2nd album “Nexus” again. Much better material and his unique style of vocals are better utilized.

mr. piss

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Awfully mediocre alt-rock disguised as post-hardcore. While some songs are somewhat enjoyable, I wish the whole album was in the style of tracks like Set Fire. Or at least shorter. Won't even bother rating this as it's nothing impressive, but probably enough to satisfy majority the KL community who enjoy easily accessible braindead music

I agree that it’s mediocre but I mean the “heavier” songs are post hardcore even metalcore so don’t really get that point also not sure but some people will like it does that really matter just avoid it no point calling them out like this lol

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

This might be the worst album of 2019

Idk if it's worse than the Drag Me Out album but still pretty bad/mediocre

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

Saint Asonia 

Drag Me Out 

• Upvote 2

Thanks again.

I dont get all the hate on this at all.. i feel like people are starting a hate bandwagon for this and its super confusing. Its a good album not perfect but super catchy and its more dayshell! Its got heavy and more melodic moments but dayshell has never even been a heavy band. Go back to their first album and last album and listen. Barely anything like some of these songs on there. Dude spent 3 years crafting this album and all you can say it that it sucks haha i get having an opinion but this is toxic. Enjoy the music and respect the fact that this guy is still going and exploring his musical interests. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

That song with Dropout Kings fucking riiippps. I love DOK I can't remember if they were local band from Texas or not. But i saw them play when my buddys band played last year great performance from DOK

• Upvote 2

I enjoy Kombat and Spellbound. Apart from that, this just has zero energy when compared the to the last album. Disappointed

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

Not his best work but there’s plenty of worse stuff from this year by other bands/artists. Don’t be naive 

• Upvote 2

Was better in OM&M.. This shit is just bland.

Now that I got a chance to get deeper into listening to this album, it's a very disappointing and bland album. I was looking forward to a higher expectation since Kombat is such a great song. 

• Upvote 1

I love this album, but there's no way it can ever top the previous two.

• Upvote 1

pumped to listen! 

I really liked Nexus. Not really feeling this one though. "Runaway" is my favorite song. "Pressure" and "Life Is What You Make It" are alright too.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Zedd said:

Was better in OM&M.. This shit is just bland.

Go revisit the second album “Nexus”. Much more original and not bland. 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:49 AM, Summers said:

I agree that it’s mediocre but I mean the “heavier” songs are post hardcore even metalcore so don’t really get that point also not sure but some people will like it does that really matter just avoid it no point calling them out like this lol

I agree with you about calling out the tastes of Kingdom Leaks users. There are users on here whose knowledge of music goes beyond Metalcore and Post-Hardcore, but it's all about being humble when it comes to that. Just give your opinion and move on.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, as much as I love Shayley as a person, and loved each album so far, this album was decent. For me, not a near perfect type of album. But not a terrible album. I would give this a 7 leaning 8. Maybe this will grow on me for a solid 8 but I think this is a good record, the singles got me excited and I loaded this in seconds. 

I would give Mr. Pain a pass, it's a decent listen but it underperforms a bit. This sadly goes in the back of the charts. Their debut is their strongest imo, I hope Shayley is still happy for his band and what he does because it's a bonus for their self produced record, but for the Dayseeker competition, seeker caught me off guard and became a 9. 

By the way man. I'm not judging ya, but damn that cover is freaky. Hey, you do what you are into. Haha.

Dayshell - Mr. Pain Review:

Superhuman - 4/5
Pressure - 4/5
Play Pretend - 4.5/5
Set Fire - 4/5
Kombat - 4/5
Spellbound - 4/5
Runaway - 4.5/5
Nostalgia - 4.5/5
Mr. Pain - 3.5/5
Life Is Not What You Make It - 4.5/5
When you Can't Dream at Night - 4.5/5
Skyline - 4/5
Two Timing - 4.5/5
Tender Love - 4/5

Honestly, it was a good listen kind of album if you just want something to listen to. Fav tracks: When you Can't Dream at Night, Life Is Not What You Make It, Two Timing

On 10/30/2019 at 4:26 PM, Gandalfstorm said:

Honestly, as much as I love Shayley as a person, and loved each album so far, this album was decent. For me, not a near perfect type of album. But not a terrible album. I would give this a 7 leaning 8. Maybe this will grow on me for a solid 8 but I think this is a good record, the singles got me excited and I loaded this in seconds. 

I would give Mr. Pain a pass, it's a decent listen but it underperforms a bit. This sadly goes in the back of the charts. Their debut is their strongest imo, I hope Shayley is still happy for his band and what he does because it's a bonus for their self produced record, but for the Dayseeker competition, seeker caught me off guard and became a 9. 

By the way man. I'm not judging ya, but damn that cover is freaky. Hey, you do what you are into. Haha.

I personally think the second album “Nexus” is strongest. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

I personally think the second album “Nexus” is strongest. 

Fair enough. Haha. But definitely one and two are better 

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!