Cosmic Reaper

Dayshell - Mr. Pain (2019)

56 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thank you so much! Should hopefully be getting my bundle today but this will be perfect for my morning commute. Much appreciated.

Album starts out extremely mediocre and honestly boring but by Set Fire gets faster, heavier and generally much more interesting, shame it all stops again with Nostalgia and then the album is kinda mid again. Don't plan on coming back to it, feels more like a colorless mixtape instead of a cohesive project.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Been looking forward to this for over almost 2 years! Enjoyed the singles, loved superhuman. Many thanks

I like Dayshell and all (still wish the old Of Mice and Men crew were still all together, but alas....), but 14 tracks seems a bit of overkill know what I mean?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

I like Dayshell and all (still wish the old Of Mice and Men crew were still all together, but alas....), but 14 tracks seems a bit of overkill know what I mean?

it’s also ridiculously overpriced on iTunes lmao

26 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

Most artists can't really write that many good songs so yeah, this is on full display here. A third of it or so is great the rest is bad to decent. There are so few metalcore/post-hardcore bands who can write a great +50 min album, Dayshell is definitely not one of them.

Still on the fence with this band, i like what they try to do, but i simply think they're just average at it. Not a fan of the vocals either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, desk said:

Album starts out extremely mediocre and honestly boring but by Set Fire gets faster, heavier and generally much more interesting, shame it all stops again with Nostalgia and then the album is kinda mid again. Don't plan on coming back to it, feels more like a colorless mixtape instead of a cohesive project.

Urgh it pains to me to agree but yep, just constantly waiting for a big chorus to pick me up but it never comes. A bit lack luster, I think the 5 singles was a bit of a killer too.

There are some really pretty glimpses in it but plenty of songs I won't be coming back for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dewey duck said:

it’s also ridiculously overpriced on iTunes lmao

Which is why this site exists in the first place.

"KL does not condone piracy"

• Upvote 3

I only enjoyed about 7 of the 14. Their first album will never be topped.

9 minutes ago, Scroteslapper said:

Which is why this site exists in the first place.

"KL does not condone piracy"

yeah i know lol, I don’t care for this band, I just thought it was wild seeming how other albums that have around the same amount of songs are way cheaper than that 

• Upvote 1

Not impressed with this, I’ve always felt this band needs a second singer with a lower register to compliment shayley at least, otherwise this is rather bland 

dayshell more like daysmell 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 3

The first half of the album was great, and I loved most of the songs there.  The second half was okay, but nothing really stood out to me with most of the songs there.  Feel like it definitely would benefitted from being a shorter album, but it took so long to get out that I guess he just decided to throw everything in.

• Upvote 1

Great album. Definitely worth the long wait

Disappointing album, honestly it’s not bad it’s just boring, previous albums were great. This is obviously just my opinion, I’m sure others will enjoy the album.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Scotty_Trees said:

And on top of that the singles H8wave and Feelfly aren't even included in this album

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't get the hate for this so far.

Self produced with great sounding production.

I'm liking it!

I'm actually really surprised this is indie, it sounds that good.

• Upvote 2

Thank you!

It’s alright 

• Upvote 2

This band has always been such an odd thing for me. I LOVE Shaleys voice and his way with melodys during omam was just insane good. Now he does his own thing and this album has lower tunings,dope riffs, melodys etc. Everything adds up to me thinking it should be amazing. But again like the first 2 records im just left feeling sort of meh about it. I will say out of the 3 records I think this is easy my favorite and ive only listened once so its impossible to make a good opinion on that. Im sure ill like it even more as time goes but I just cant put my finger on why things just arent panning out for dayshell. Obviously im not in the minority here. One thing that baffles me tho is how the fuck did recovering flames not make the record?? Its one of the better choruses out of all the songs.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Pleasantly enjoying the sound of this album, bravo!!

6 hours ago, SMGTunes said:

I'm liking it!

I was actually about to ask, does the production sound off to anyone? I don't recall the Superhuman single having what sounds like a lot of clipping going on.

The album has some really good tracks, including my now favorite of theirs Spellbound, but the uneven focus on sound style by adding, what I see, as too many mellow tracks, makes me a bit disappointed.

6.5/10

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SMGTunes said:

I'm liking it!

Wasn't self produced. It was co-written and produced by Hiram Hernandez. 

Singles + a couple others are really good. half of it sounds like filler to me. Kinda like every dayshell album if im being honest. Disappointing considering how much talent this guy has.