Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
serafina

Norma Jean - Discography (2001-2019)

17 posts in this topic

norma-jean.jpg

Genre - Metalcore, Mathcore, Post-Hardcore

Country - United States

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR (unless otherwise stated)

Release List:

Studio Albums

(2001) Luti-Kriss - Throwing Myself 

(2002) Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child

(2005) O' God, The Aftermath (w/ "ShaunLuu")

(2006) Redeemer

(2008) The Anti Mother

(2010) Meridionial (w/ "Kill More Presidents" and "Distance to Planets")

(2013) Wrongdoers (w/ "Family Bike Wreck")

(2016) Polar Similar (w/ "Children of the Dead")

(2019) All Hail

Download

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

Other Releases by

Great band :)

Listened to All Hail for the first time today and loved it. Definitely a good size discography to keep myself busy. Bless The Martyr And Kiss The Child is looked upon as a classic in so many music circles, I'm most excited to listening to that one the most.

Thanks for this discography post!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Listened to All Hail for the first time today and loved it. Definitely a good size discography to keep myself busy. Bless The Martyr And Kiss The Child is looked upon as a classic in so many music circles, I'm most excited to listening to that one the most.

Thanks for this discography post!

Polar Similar, Wrongdoers, and O God the Aftermath are classics in the genre, despite what the "numbers" say.  These guys have been around since day 1 (slight exaggeration) in the genre and they should be way bigger than they are.

• Upvote 1

Thank you. I've known about them since I've been with the scene, but  All Hail is their first album I've willingly checked out by them and it is amazing so far. Excited to see what their old material is like.

6 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

If I liked all hail, wbich of this bunch should i check?

i'd recommend Polar Similar, which is probably the most similar to All Hail. i've only heard those two, though.

Classic Christian Metalcore at its absolute finest! 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, RockinXander said:

Classic Christian Metalcore at its absolute finest! 

Gentle reminder that religion isn't a genre. Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Gentle reminder that religion isn't a genre. Thanks for reading.

Um they have used their faith in their music before. Christianity is not a "religion" it's a personal relationship with Jesus. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

Christianity is not a "religion" it's a personal relationship with Jesus. 

Religion makes people say crazy shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

Um they have used their faith in their music before. Christianity is not a "religion" it's a personal relationship with Jesus. 

If that's the case, then y'all need to stop poking around in other people's supposedly "personal relationships".

Whatever I do with jeebus is between me and jeebus. :lenny:

• Upvote 3

Fuck yes thank you for this!

For those of you who are new to Norma Jean, I suggest you guys check out the song "Disconnecktie" off of O'God The Aftermath. (That album as a whole is probably their most brutal  so clearly not for every one, but that song is amazing)

For those of you who are confused about the "Christian" message behind the music. In a fairly recent interveiw Cory the vocalist of NJ had this to say.

"“I can’t say that we’re a full-on Christian band. I’m a Christian. I can speak for myself, but that’s all I can speak for. "

"“I’d even take this one step further and suggest that the label of ‘Christian music’ is stupid” Cory continues. “Music can’t have a belief. If I clap my hand, you can’t listen to clap and say “that clap is Christian, or Hindu, or Atheist, or whatever. It’s a freaking sound. The music itself can’t have a theological belief. We’re musicians first. The content is secondary to that. We write stuff that anyone can relate to. We don’t write anything that will alienate anybody. Well, intentionally, anyway."

(https://heavymag.com.au/interview-norma-jean/)

Lastly, there are a few missing items from this discography, The Self-Titled EP, & the instrumental bonus track from Bless the Martyr. My internet is used up for this month, but once it resets I can upload them somewhere so they can be added to this if any one wants. 

• Upvote 2

Got to add that KC Blitz Remix!