BenjaminBurnley

Kanye West - JESUS IS KING (2019)

80 posts in this topic

Praying for it to be updated ???

Other Releases by

On 10/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, Strizzmatik said:

So many edgy atheist kids in here lol

Why does Christianity offend you so much, stop being pussies, it's perfectly normal to be religious

Source: 5 billion fucking people vs you

Sincerely, an agnostic

Nietzsche?Said?God?Is?Dead?Lil?Bitch?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m atheist af but I’m old enough to know that if religion brings you positivity and inspires you to be a better person then it’s not such a bad thing for SOME people. Just don’t try and force others to agree with your point of view.

I’m all for Kanye trying anything at this point. His life is a movie and I’m just enjoying the ride.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, rampface said:

I can't defend Jesus is King but TLOP is absolutely not trash. The tracklist could use a edit but as it stands, I think it still works as a sort of "double album". I would argue that it's just as great as MBDTF. Like Yeezus on steroids. It's the peak of Kanye's schizo creative powers. Maximalist and overwhelming. Look at how many bangers are on this: Ultralight Beam, Father Stretch My Hands, Famous, Waves, FML, Wolves, etc. I'm afraid it's the last record that Kanye will devout that kind of work ethic to because he was literally losing his mind while making it and had to step back from the manic lifestyle surrounding the process.

I absolutely agree with you on The Life Of Pablo. The album is a disjointed mess flow wise, but that's the thing: It pretty much sums up what Yeezy was going through at the time, what was going on in his head and all of the controversy that followed him. It's probably one of the only times I can say "disjointed" as a compliment for an album.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Yeezus are excellent albums as well, I agree with you on your pervious post. I don't think I could quite give it a 10, but there's no doubt MBDTF is as massive as Kanye West himself and the impact it has made on Hip-Hop since its release is monumental. And to follow it up with a noisy, pissed off, polar opposite of the iconic album, Yeezus, takes massive balls and props for pulling it off so well as it did... But, of course, I also do love Death Grips, so that helps too.

I guess the only thing keeping me from listening to this album is how many times it's going to be edited. I listened to The Life Of Pablo when it was finalized, so I'll do the same with Jesus Is King. And as someone who doesn't get involved in religion, let alone thinks religion is very diluted, it does interest me how it will work on here. I'm not a Yeezy stan, but I do love the music his has made and produced throughout his career, so it at least makes me happy to see he can still make peoples' heads turn as much as he did twenty years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

4 hours ago, TomoLust said:

I bet 95% of people here don't even know who Nietzche is and what his contributions to philosophy were.  But yes, I love that specific quote.  Has even more of an impact given the context of this record.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

God is not dead and this album is pure trash right along with Kanye West himself.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 3

On 10/25/2019 at 12:36 PM, jbellaire said:

Another classic from the GOAT. Production as always is through the roof. So much fun to listen to. 

By the way, I apologize for all of your downvotes because you have a simple opinion that doesn't go well with these people. Forgive them, brother jbellaire, for they are drinking their Haterade and are on the crooked path, throwing shade all up in this motherfucking bitch.

AMEN.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, CityOfTheWeak said:

God is not dead and this album is pure trash right along with Kanye West himself.

Lol the "God is dead" quote isn't a statement but more of a reflection of human kind and religion as a whole I'd say (not just Christianity but all of the many religions that exist).  Without any prior knowledge of Nietzche and what his philosophy was about, I expect nothing less than for people unaware (such as yourself) to take it literally, as you just did. And the quote is more than just those 3 words, you could look up the quote and/or actually read his work for starters.

Yeah, Kanye isn't necessarily the greatest person and I am not fond of him at all either, but you don't have to resort to demeaning insults just to make you feel better about yourself.

• Upvote 1

Halle Berry Lou Jah!

51 minutes ago, CityOfTheWeak said:

I fully support what you said here. I'm not sorry, Kanye is absolute trash in every aspect. You don't like this comment oh well that's your issue, not mine. This is a right I have thats called freedom of speech. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

I fully support what you said here. I'm not sorry, Kanye is absolute trash in every aspect. You don't like this comment oh well that's your issue, not mine. This is a right I have thats called freedom of speech. 

Sorry to break it to you, but I am a God and just took away your freedom of speech.

NOW GET THE PORSCHE OUT THE DAMN GARAGE!

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Sorry to break it to you, but I am a God and just took away your freedom of speech.

NOW GET THE PORSCHE OUT THE DAMN GARAGE!

AND HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jettthemann said:

AND HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS!

Hold up, got to drive in my Porsche to the French ass restaurant first!

• Upvote 1

I see 11 tracks, but this LP feels like an EP. Probably just me though.

Not listening to this trash from a fake religious person who is still drowning in debt.

• Upvote 1

I think I'm going to need to be HIGH AF before I attempt to listen to this album 

• Upvote 1

5effd2a4750bd913316084.gif

On 10/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, TomoLust said:

Lol was that serious?

Reading?Nietzsche?Doesn't?Make?You?Smart?Introspective?Or?Deep?Hoe?Ass?Zoomer?

• Love 1

On 10/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, Strizzmatik said:

Lol was that serious?

Reading?Nietzsche?Doesn't?Make?You?Smart?Introspective?Or?Deep?Hoe?Ass?Zoomer?

It doesn't even feel good reeling in a fish with bait this weak.

"Hoe Ass Zoomer"

I'm actually a bit disappointed this thread doesn't get traffic anymore, especially with these insults.