BenjaminBurnley

Kanye West - JESUS IS KING (2019)

80 posts in this topic

The world is universally uniting in their desire for Kanye to go away forever. 

• Confused 2

Other Releases by

Yeezy can we get Yandhi

Yeezy: we have Yandhi at home

Yandhi at home:

• Love 3

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Sounds unfinish and really Jesusy, but I guess the music is dope (?)

giphy-downsized.gif

the worst part about it is that its not even that bad. im not a big kanye fan, but this concept definitely intrigued me, and honestly a couple songs are pretty good, some are awful but still...

" I want attention, so Jesus is my savior!" - The record

I love my god, I love my god! IGH! Let's go ride a quad with my god IGH!

• Haha 4

It's a good album. Not a masterpiece but i hope Kanye fix it like he did with TLOP.

• Upvote 1

Is this a meme record?

• Upvote 1

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

And the laziest album cover of the year goes to...

• Upvote 1

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

genuinely a hilarious album from the self-proclaimed "greatest human artist of all time". sounds like it was thought up, written, recorded, mixed and mastered all in the space of one day. laughably bad in just about every sense, and that's even if you disregard the religious gospel shit.

best part of this whole thing though is the entirety of hiphopheads shitting on it. never thought I'd see the day

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

i am a pure juicer kingdom leaks user

8 hours ago, Strizzmatik said:

So many edgy atheist kids in here lol

Why does Christianity offend you so much, stop being pussies, it's perfectly normal to be religious

Source: 5 billion fucking people vs you

Sincerely, an agnostic

I agreed until the "5 billion people" thing. What a dumb thing to say lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BrickFace said:

I agreed until the "5 billion people" thing. What a dumb thing to say lol

Why is that? The vast amount of people in the world are religious or spiritual for a reason. Atheism is dumb af

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Strizzmatik said:

Why is that? The vast amount of people in the world are religious or spiritual for a reason. Atheism is dumb af

Many people following something doesn't mean it's the only "right" thing to do. Some people find purpose in religion, some don't. I consider myself agnostic too, but you're just making yourself sound like an asshole. Theres no "right or wrong" when it comes to what you believe in and choose to live by. On one hand youre telling people theyre wrong for bashing a belief, on the other hand you're saying "atheism is dumb af" and doing exactly that. You're "dumb af". And hypocritical.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Many people following something doesn't mean it's the only "right" thing to do. Some people find purpose in religion, some don't. I consider myself agnostic too, but you're just making yourself sound like an asshole. Theres no "right or wrong" when it comes to what you believe in and choose to live by. On one hand youre telling people theyre wrong for bashing a belief, on the other hand you're saying "atheism is dumb af" and doing exactly that. You're "dumb af". And hypocritical.

'5 billion people' was just snark that highlighted the fact that the vast majority of people don't believe we're alone or got here by random chance, whatever your interpretation of that is. Atheism is, to me, a knee-jerk reaction to spirituality/theism more often than not. To me, it's the denial or refusal to see the inherent structure, patterns and symmetry throughout life and discern any larger meaning. To me, that's just nihilistic and comes from an egotistical fear of relinquishing control over one's own destiny. But that's just my opinion, you've got yours. People can believe what they like, and I can mock it too cuz free speech and stuff

And I'd disagree that everything is fair game, there are clearly evil and negative belief structures out there with ill intent for humanity, and people who worship negative entities who do terrible things in their name, both knowingly and unknowingly.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Strizzmatik said:

'5 billion people' was just snark that highlighted the fact that the vast majority of people don't believe we're alone or got here by random chance, whatever your interpretation of that is. Atheism is, to me, a knee-jerk reaction to spirituality/theism more often than not. To me, it's the denial or refusal to see the inherent structure, patterns and symmetry throughout life and discern any larger meaning. To me, that's just nihilistic and comes from an egotistical fear of relinquishing control over one's own destiny. But that's just my opinion, you've got yours. People can believe what they like, and I can mock it too cuz free speech and stuff

And I'd disagree that everything is fair game, there are clearly evil and negative belief structures out there with ill intent for humanity, and people who worship negative entities who do terrible things in their name, both knowingly and unknowingly.

*talks about butt hurt atheists*

"also, you guys are atheists because you refuse to see the truth"

um what?

Also, this album is kinda hot garbage. Production is nice as with almost any Kanye project or Kanye-related project; however, the spark of brilliance in his lyrics that were prevalent in older albums isn't here. At points he just quotes the Bible. He isn't adding anything. It's all just surface level... worse is the fact that all the songs are relatively short not allowing a full complete idea to form. But that's just my opinion, you've got yours. (;

I was worried we wouldn't have our "bleached asshole" level quotable lyrics on this one, then I heard Closed on Sundays.

The production certainly has some gems. It's like TLOP-lite.

• Upvote 1

I learned to be a mannequin

https://www.last.fm/user/vbooy57

https://rateyourmusic.com/~vbooy57

Please make fun of me

16 hours ago, Strizzmatik said:

So many edgy atheist kids in here lol

Why does Christianity offend you so much, stop being pussies, it's perfectly normal to be religious

Source: 5 billion fucking people vs you

Sincerely, an agnostic

It's not that it offends us, it's just that it's hilarious to see this guy turn into a complete religious wacko fanatic lmfao. Would be the same thing if he became a Buddhist and moved to Tibet, what religion he subscribes to is irrelevant; it's the display of it all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You don't need to be religious to know this isn't good. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

the best part about this album is that he used times new roman as the font. 

Why does this dude still release music ?? Kanye's been complete trash for like what 8 years now?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Not  a Ye fan but have to give him credit on the stellar production. Its too sick.

Can't wait for the sequel: JESUS IS BORN

• Haha 1

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

14 hours ago, Maxi Milian said:

Why does this dude still release music ?? Kanye's been complete trash for like what 8 years now?

Been saying this for years now, Kanye went severely downhill after he married Kim.

Also, if God created Jesus, then who created God? ???

Not true. MBDTF, Yeezus and TLOP are all fantastic. His past two releases are the only ones that have dipped in quality and they're still not downright awful (I will admit that the first run through of Jesus is King was rough but it has grown on me... the lyrics are excessive and amateur but I think the simpleness is intentional).

• Upvote 1

The Life Of Pablo was complete garbage aside from 2 songs. Kanye's little revision didn't make it much better either.

Yeezus was ok, some memorable songs on that one but not many.

Everything prior was good though.

JIK is not a grower type album, the only thing growing on it is the mold and maggots from it being in the trash.

• Upvote 1

I can't defend Jesus is King but TLOP is absolutely not trash. The tracklist could use a edit but as it stands, I think it still works as a sort of "double album". I would argue that it's just as great as MBDTF. Like Yeezus on steroids. It's the peak of Kanye's schizo creative powers. Maximalist and overwhelming. Look at how many bangers are on this: Ultralight Beam, Father Stretch My Hands, Famous, Waves, FML, Wolves, etc. I'm afraid it's the last record that Kanye will devout that kind of work ethic to because he was literally losing his mind while making it and had to step back from the manic lifestyle surrounding the process.

• Upvote 2