Summers

Saint Asonia - Flawed Design (Walmart Deluxe) (2019)

57 posts in this topic

@surferbry i checked my walmart today cuz i got my check but no luck mo cds they all sold out. So i checked online and still no luck

Other Releases by

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

Pretty boring. As someone said, this entire album is cookie cut radio rock.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Pretty boring. As someone said, this entire album is cookie cut radio rock.

ofcourse it is, what made you think it could be anything else than that?

• Upvote 2

Im really digging it. First album really hit me, but i think it was more for the hype of see Adam doing music again. I can tell this second album feels more like a real comeback. 

Also seeing a lot complaining for being generic and all. Don't think it is at all, You can really notice influences of other bands (Starset, Sevendust, etc.), and i see some electronic things at some songs (like Ghost) something he never did on TDG before, and i think its really cool to see a musician trying new things. Also, lyrics are being pretty good in general, even first album have some really epic verses too. And, at least for me, but you can really feel these songs; Adam put more feeling into the vocals this time, it's really noticeable.

Not the album of the year, for sure, but it's a really good album that Adam and the band can be really proud of it

• Upvote 1

does anyone know where to find the 2 bonus tracks?

Maybe someone picked a copy of the Deluxe CD before they sold out. Hoping to see the 2 bonus tracks soon!

Much better than all the albums 3DG released after Adam's departure!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, mcshanc said:

Maybe someone picked a copy of the Deluxe CD before they sold out. Hoping to see the 2 bonus tracks soon!

I honestly don't think the stores even sold out. I went to the same Walmart 2 days in a row and it wasn't ever put on the shelf and the staff wouldn't go check the back 🙄 I gave up and just bought the regular version at FYE

This is honestly just as bad as i was thinking it was going to be. Not even adam sounds good and every single song lacks any form of punch.

• Upvote 1

I think this is the best rock album this year. Songs are very melodic, sounds so fresh. The only thing missing was very good single. It's not this same level like "One-X (2006)" or "Three Days Grace (2003)" but better than each TDG  from 2006 and first Saint Asonia record. I'm waiting for deluxe edition too. You could hear snippets Say Goodbye and Weak and Tired here: https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/saint-asonia-flawed-design/hnum/9482732

I'm wondering where are songs like "Barter", "This Goes Out To You" and "Warning". Adam annouced them on instagram. 

• Confused 1

I personally think this is some of his best work to date.  Lyrically it's genius and Adam does sound amazing.  The songs are so relatable.  Music speaks to everyone differently, and these lyrics can relate to so many different aspects of so many people's lives for various reasons.  I don't think it sounds like Three Days Grace except for Adam's vocals obviously.  I think it has a very different sound. A new, refreshed Adam whose taking back his life and his lyrics try to tell you how to fight life's battles and shed the past you.  I'm very impressed and have such respect for Adam for fighting his demons and putting all that into his music!  The Album is worth listening to and first listen thru, try and read lyrics with it. I think it kind of helps you find things that you can relate to and appreciate the song even more, and almost assures that you will want to go back and listen again.  

For those wondering about the CD's at Walmart, a particular vendor is in charge of ordering/stocking them. If you happen to catch that person, let them know you want a copy and maybe they can order one for you or double check in the backroom. Sometimes the shipments either get delayed or it gets lost in the backroom. It was my old job so thats why i know. lol. 

Any news on the dulexe edition????

• Upvote 1

We definitely need the bonus tracks I'm dying to hear them.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Ive submitted it too and their flac files so there better quality than 320kpbs

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mittc said:

Ive submitted it too and their flac files so there better quality than 320kpbs

I'd hate to be that guy but holy crap you used the other two forms of they're/their/there when it should've just been they're all along for both instances.  That never fails to bug me. Sorry about that in advance.

Good job on submitting though, that'll for sure make a lot of people happy.

• Haha 1

@Anton Chigurh lol ik i just dont care to use the proper grammer 1000%

Bring on the bonuses, I am dying here! :D I heard them, and they sound like some of the best songs on the album. I am just very annoyed that they were reserved for a wallmart deluxe. If I wanted to get a CD, I would have to wait and order it from amazon or e-bay or whatever, cause of course, there is no Wallmart in Serbia... Really lame.

Thank You for the update! I think the two bonus tracks really bump up my rating for the album. Two more heavier songs really helped round it out. Hadn't gotten around to talkin' about this release, but it was one I was both super skeptical and really hopeful for, but especially with the new tracks I can safely say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's a metric fuck ton better than the debut album, really liking the what the new members brought, and god damn does Adam sound good as ever.

Thanks for the songs! I agree, they boost the rating for the album. There's great stuff on it, but the two songs were definitely "missing".

I loved both Deluxe songs. Fav of the two would be Weak & Tired tho.

• Upvote 1

Such a good album, Gontier's best work since at least Life Starts Now.

And thank you so much for posting the bonus tracks! Super appreciated!!!!!

• Upvote 1