Cosmic Reaper

Norma Jean - All Hail (2019)

52 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY NORMA JEAN. :pray:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Thanks! It's gonna be a very loud morning. Sorry neighbors :D :pray:

I am amazed that after over two decades, only one original band member remaining they still managed to drop one of the best metalcore albums this year that still sounds like them but also fresh at the same time. Wow. Some aspects of this is something they've never done before and it works so well. Also that fucking Garrett feature caught me off-guard, so good :D

Edit: sorry keep forgetting Cory hasn't been in the band from the start but he's been in it for +15 years lol

• Upvote 6

This is the best metal album of 2019.

I'm literally amazed by how good this is.

WOOOOOOW.

20+ years, not one bad album.

2 hours ago, desk said:

Also that fucking Garrett feature caught me off-guard, so good :D

Well I was already planning to listen to it but now that you said that I'm keeping Thornhill for dessert. 

EDIT: Bruh Anna made me shit my pants, and my visage has crumpled from too much stank face.

I feel like Norma Jean puts out quality album after album, each one improving on the last, but they're never talked about like Northlane or Architects or whatever other top tier metalcore bands. They deserve to be right up there though. I'm still working my way through the whole album, but gotdamn this is fucking amazing so far. Stupid heavy songs. This is gonna be on repeat for a long while.

• Upvote 6

damn this is fucking awesome, I've never gotten into NJ so I guess I have a whole lot of discography to unwrap

• Upvote 3

ALL HAIL KL! (And Norma Jean B)) Thanks for posting.

thank you for inventing metalcore

• Confused 1

Hell fucking yes. So pumped for this.

1 hour ago, PhantomFear said:

damn this is fucking awesome, I've never gotten into NJ so I guess I have a whole lot of discography to unwrap

I envy you. I'd love to experience their whole discography for the first time again.

• Upvote 5

Wow great album :)

Strong 9,5/10

I'm excited to check out everyone's AOTY for this week.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Crazy how Redeemer was one of my favorite albums in high school, and now I get All Hail at the age of 30. Flawless album, flawless band. 

3 hours ago, lapizza said:

I feel like Norma Jean puts out quality album after album, each one improving on the last, but they're never talked about like Northlane or Architects or whatever other top tier metalcore bands. They deserve to be right up there though. I'm still working my way through the whole album, but gotdamn this is fucking amazing so far. Stupid heavy songs. This is gonna be on repeat for a long while.

Seriously I don't get it! Every album of theirs is exceptional. 

• Upvote 1

This record is batshit insane.  Easily my favorite release this week. 

• Upvote 3

the last 4 tracks of the album are actually good

• Upvote 1

the second half of this album is fucking AMAZING. This album definitely getting a spot on my aoty list

=8) Thanks!

Translational... nuff said. These are some talented mofos right here 🙌🙌🙌

thanks

YAS!!!   thx

• Downvote 1

"Anyone that has ever downloaded a Norma Jean record. You owe me money. I hope you had enough money today to buy your family groceries...I mean 'for free' of course. Ya know… illegally. Stolen. Theft. Don't get your feeling hurt. It's ok if you steal from me. Anything else I can do for free for you? Spoiled brats! It's about time someone got pissed about this! I hope you guys know what it feels like to have thousands of dollars stolen from you only to be told you have a an attitude about it. BTW! I appreciate and LOVE all of you that have supported us over the years. I hope you are all blessed!" - Cory Putman, Norma Jean

This is from 2011. I think he was wrong then and even more wrong in hindsight now. Leaks help not hurt album sales.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Set Your Goals said:

Crazy how Redeemer was one of my favorite albums in high school, and now I get All Hail at the age of 30. Flawless album, flawless band. 

Same. There are few things in life I truly anticipate more than a new record from the Almighty