ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Cosmic Reaper

Norma Jean - All Hail (2019)

52 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

3 minutes ago, eris said:

track-by-track feature: https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/track-by-track-norma-jeans-all-hail-with-frontman-cory-brandan

also expect a Norma Jean discography maybe this weekend.

make sure to include their record throwing myself when they were called Luti-Kriss ?

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

ALL HAIL MOTHERF*****S.

5effd2a4750bd913316084.gif

Norma Jean - All Hail Review:

Orphan Twin - 5/5 - DAMN WOW
[Mind over Mind] - 4/5 - pretty ok
Safety Last - 4/5 - ok
Volunteer Tooth Filing -  4/5
Landslide Defeater - 4.5/5
Full Circle in Under a Minute - 4/5
/with_errors - 4.5/5
Trace Levels of Dystopia - 4/5
Translational - 5/5 - solid
Extra Dimensional Palate Cleanser - 4/5
If [Loss] Then [Leader] - 4.5/5 - damn
Careen  - 4.5/5
Anna - 4/5
The Mirror and the Second Veil - 5/5 - nice little instrumental closer. Reminds me of the last of us.

Fav Tracks: Orphan Twin, Translational, If [Loss] Then [Leader]

I'm not really a Norma Jean fan..  Memphis will be laid to waste is about the extent of my knowledge of the band

but this shit is fucking special

• Upvote 1

These will get massive replays

/with_errors 
If [Loss] Then [Leader
Careen
Anna 

Defeater, NJ, Counterparts, SFTP all in the same year?! Gimme that STYG and we got ourselves a hardcore flush year. ALL HAIL!

giphy-downsized.gif

wish they'd call it something else, but still fukkin rad, thx

19 hours ago, humbleledger said:

I'm not really a Norma Jean fan..  Memphis will be laid to waste is about the extent of my knowledge of the band

but this shit is fucking special

They only sounded like that on that album.  You're in for a treat if you keep digging.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JunBringer said:

They only sounded like that on that album.  You're in for a treat if you keep digging.  

after this digests im definitely going to

anyone else here have issues with sleep paralysis?  I knew those little atmospheric cuts between songs were triggering me for a reason, after reading that track by track overview I get why.  they did such a good job with the vibe

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

First album from Norma Jean that I've heard in full and thoroughly enjoyed in its entirety. Literally only have one other song from them (and it's one that I love), "Sword In Mouth, Fire Eyes". And now, I have this full album. This is a very special album right here, as many seem to agree. 9/10. Also:

13. Anna (feat. Garrett Russell of Silent Planet)

This was a lot better than I expected. I haven't really liked the last few albums they've released. But this is great!

I haven’t listened to Norma Jean since Wrongdoers but damn I’m glad I came back! This was a pleasant listen! Just as metal as ever here. Thank you! 

• Love 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

I feel like the first 4 tracks are just very meh. But Landslide Defeater onward is fucking killer

Id say overall like, a high 8?

Dude this fucking album is such a pleasant surprised. Been on repeat so hard the last few days. And “Careen” is probably one of my favorite songs of 2019. This album is a fucking MASSIVE album, I’m in love. 

• Love 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

The songs are getting better and better in order of appearance. Crazy, one of the best Metalcore album i've listened to in a while.

Easy 8-9/10 for me

tenor.gif

EPIC AS ALWAYS ... still waiting for the day they will play Europe as a headliner :shrug: