Cosmic Reaper

Fit For An Autopsy - The Sea of Tragic Beasts (2019)

40 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Let's see if this tops their previous album. It's going to be hard considering how amazing it was. The singles were pretty good.

MADNESS ALBUM! :banham:

Overall this is a fucking good album and is easily the best deathcore release of this year. 

My only qualm is that is lacks the variety of the previous two albums, I get some will like the straight up deathcore on every track but sometimes it's nice to have something a lil different now and then. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Fantastic album front to back. Definitely going to be in my top 10 AOTY. No Man is Without Fear is one of my favorite's they have ever done. Well done <3

• Upvote 2

Easily my overall AOTY. Every song here is absolutely 10/10 material, save for maybe Shepherd which I found quite disappointing compared to its massive live version. Birds Of Prey is the best song in their entire catalogue and I’m so glad people finally get to hear it. No Man Is Without Fear, Your Pain Is Mine, and Warfare are my other overall favorites. 

• Upvote 2

I actually like this better than their last album. Really great stuff! 

• Upvote 1

Yeah buddy, been waiting on this one. Thanks for posting.

My ass is completely demolished.  This is fucking nuts, holy shit. 

• Upvote 1

This is gonna be so good.

Wow this album is so good.

Best album :D

10/10 

YES just in time for seasonal depression, lets get it baby thanks KL

• Haha 3

Definitely a great album, dont think its my favorite tho, The Great Collapse was just too good. Really like the addition of the clean vocal like singing tho.

Really fucking great record, tops all of their other records although I much prefer songs to be similar to tracks like Empty Still and this record did have anything like that, just solid tracks all the way through.  Not AOTY material but easily one of the top deathcore releases this year. 

Okay, I had to let this sit after listening to it a few times this morning. I LOVE this band and all of their output. The Great Collapse was, well, great, but I didn't think it was as good as the nearly-perfect Absolute Hope Absolute Hell or as solid as Hellbound. Those things being said..

This album is really, REALLY good. The first day of listening makes me think it's better than TGC, but I'm not sure if it beats AHAH. Maybe it does, but that will require more listening. The tracks are all incredibly well written. Each song has its own identity and something uniquely awesome about it. I feel like the tracks also rely less on chugging than the previous record did, which was an issue I took with a few of the tracks on The Great Collapse. While this album doesn't have choruses that are quite as infective as Heads Will Hang and Black Mammoth, I think it still beats it straight up in terms of songwriting.

The only minor complaint I might have, if it's even a complaint, is I wish they actually took even more risks with their sound. Napalm Dreams is definitely a standout and is currently my favorite track alongside No Man is Without Fear, and really demonstrates that they can work with different sounds and still pull it off. I can't wait to dive into this record more when I have more free time to really digest it.

• Upvote 1

This album was an experience, definitely their best album yet. Definitely best Deathcore album of the year and most definitely in my top 10 and is another major AOTY contender for me. 10/10 this album wrecked my fuckin shit.

Favorite Tracks: No Man Is Without Fear, Your Pain Is Mine, Mirrors, Mourn, and Birds of Prey 

First album Im hearing from them. Very nice. It has a killer atmosphere

Easily one of my favorite deathcore bands since their last 3 albums came out they have been getting better and better. 

Easily one of my favorite deathcore bands since their last 3 albums came out they have been getting better and better. 

• Love 2

Great album. I love that they put their own spin on the deathcore genre, there's so much to digest here!

Finaaaaally! Last album is going to be hard to top and I think they took a more progressive-metal approach versus being simply 'Deathcore' but I hope they keep writing head banging riffs like Black Mammoth, Heads Will Hang, Iron Moon, Hydra etc. It's safe to say they keep growing with every new release and becoming much better musicians and songwriters. From the singles they've released, Joe's vocals are absolutely flawless, he's most definitely been working with a vocal coach or something. Josean is a drumming wizard or machine or both with his precise and creative patterns/fills. Guitars sound HUGE as always nothing more to say than that...keepin it 100.

Yea I love this band lol.

1 hour ago, nbill said:
1 hour ago, nbill said:

Finaaaaally! Last album is going to be hard to top and I think they took a more progressive-metal approach versus being simply 'Deathhore' but I hope they keep writing head banging riffs like Black Mammoth, Heads Will Hang, Iron Moon, Hydra etc. It's safe to say they keep growing with every new release and becoming much better musicians and songwriters. From the singles they've released, Joe's vocals are absolutely flawless, he's most definitely been working with a vocal coach or something. Josean is a drumming wizard or machine or both with his precise and creative patterns/fills. Guitars sound HUGE as always nothing more to say than that...keepin it 100.

Yea I love this band lol.

Check out Warfare. I loved the album and then that came on. Groovy as fuck. It is easily my favorite song from them. 10/10. They never disappoint.

• Upvote 1

I made an account just to comment about how incredible this album is! Yeah, they are my favorite band, but jeez. This album is easily AOTY for me. I was pumped for this and Thornhill and I haven't even listened to Thornhill once today. Fuck this entire album is incredible and how difficult it to say surpasses TGC, AHAH and Hellbound (which is personally my favorite). They definitely crushed it.

Fave Track: No Man Is Without Fear, Sheperds, Your Pain Is Mine, Mirrors, Unloved, Mourn -- can we just say it's one of the few albums I don't skip tracks.

I don't have much to say other than this being a 10/10, and i don't even like deathcore

Magical work. There are so many layers to this music it'll take time to fully appreciate. It is like movie soundtrack tier deathcore - everything is so well placed and thought through. I dont listen to deathcore anymore but this is absolutely killer. It tells a story, is an experience. And that artwork. 10/10 realm work.

When people ask me if I'm religious I always reply with a solid YES. For I believe in Will Putney, he is my God.

Thank you God.

• Love 4

Shadow of Intent And Fit For An Autopsy are dominating the Deathcore genre this year for sure.

• Upvote 1

People sleeping on this band, cannot fuckin wait for my bundle to get here, Napalm Dreams and Warfare are cum worthy.

7 hours ago, BecameTheCatalyst said:

People sleeping on this band

Fit For An Autopsy have been pretty respected and well known in the Deathcore scene for years now, let alone, Will Putney is probably one of the biggest names in recent years when it comes to production. I wouldn't say they're being slept on at all, but they've getting more popular with the awesome music they've been making and being signed to Nuclear Blast helps a lot too.

• Upvote 1