serafina

Counterparts - Nothing Left to Love (2019)

121 posts in this topic

Thanks, you make our day be better.

Other Releases by

4 hours ago, dewey duck said:

vinyl rip my dude! it’s not perfect that’s why, we’ll get a proper CD rip before the week is up 

just curious, I also noticed it's significantly lower volume too... how do you even rip a vinyl? 

22 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

just curious, I also noticed it's significantly lower volume too... how do you even rip a vinyl? 

you play it on de vinyl machine and plug it into the da pc input and record it on pc 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Does anybody using iTunes (PC or Mac) or the new Music app on Mac have a problem with Cherish, Ocean of Another, and Nothing Left to Love cutting off early?... It's not an issue with the file because it plays in VLC fine and will play through if I convert it to VBR. Had the same problem with the new Royal Coda song and Waves of Youth on TDWP. 

Anyway, I like this album, but I can see why people think their music sounds very same-y (because it is to me too). I like a lot of songs on here, and I REALLY love the closer. Would give this a 8/10.

34 minutes ago, スカムです said:

you play it on de vinyl machine and plug it into the da pc input and record it on pc 

sorry you're going to have to dumb that down for me :lol:

• Upvote 1

Hope this album rips but after listening to Love Me, I just need to wait for a CD rip. Appreciate the upload still. You're doing gods work

Man I love coming home from night shift to surprises like these but I hate that I gotta sleep before I can listen, can’t wait to jam later. Thanks KL

Just finished. Sick album.

I know they used to be hardcore, but they embraced a full metalcore sound this time around and it sounds really really good. I think this will find a place in my AOTY list.

Best songs: Paradise and Plague, The Hands That Used to Hold Me, Ocean of Another, Nothing Left to Love.

1 hour ago, KeybladerAri said:

Does anybody using iTunes (PC or Mac) or the new Music app on Mac have a problem with Cherish, Ocean of Another, and Nothing Left to Love cutting off early?... It's not an issue with the file because it plays in VLC fine and will play through if I convert it to VBR. Had the same problem with the new Royal Coda song and Waves of Youth on TDWP. 

Anyway, I like this album, but I can see why people think their music sounds very same-y (because it is to me too). I like a lot of songs on here, and I REALLY love the closer. Would give this a 8/10.

It's been said before but it's a vinyl rip.  Unless it's done flawlessly, which almost never happens, it's going to have minor issues like this. At least you got the music super early, can't be picky with these small things I suppose. 

• Upvote 4

Ok I am speechless, the whole album is so good but title track is insanely good.

As a counterparts fan this is over my expectations 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Really digging the album. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It's been said before but it's a vinyl rip.  Unless it's done flawlessly, which almost never happens, it's going to have minor issues like this. At least you got the music super early, came be picky with these small things I suppose. 

I don't really think it was an issue with how it was ripped, because like I said, I had the same issue with TDWP and Royal Coda (non-vinyl rips as far as I know). It's not a big deal because it's easy to work around (+ it's free and I'm not gonna cry because I have to listen to it at 260 instead lol), I was just trying to see if it was happening to anyone else.

1 minute ago, KeybladerAri said:

I don't really think it was an issue with how it was ripped, because like I said, I had the same issue with TDWP and Royal Coda (non-vinyl rips as far as I know). It's not a big deal because it's easy to work around (+ it's free and I'm not gonna cry because I have to listen to it at 260 instead lol), I was just trying to see if it was happening to anyone else.

I never had that issue with those same tracks obtained from this site.  Probably something to do with iTunes because iTunes is very... Well.. ITunes...  It just sucks imo. 

• Upvote 1

title track is huge, other than that nothing special, just solid mhc

• Upvote 1

Really love the way the first and last track tie together, makes me want to start the whole album over again! 

Counterparts is so dang good. This album is much more technical than the last one, possibly more so than any of the others, and in doing so they sacrifice a bit of melodic atmosphere for more hard hitting riffs. Not a bad thing at all and the melody is still there often enough. 

As others have mentioned, closer is an absolute masterpiece. Actually, the last half of the album picks up and each song is top tier Counterparts. AOTY contender and regardless, this band always speaks to me on another level, can't wait to read over the lyrics and sing along for the next few years until another album comes out.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

OLI we didn't expect, but OLI that we deserve after that heart CD lackluster ❤️

Loving this...you don't? Fuck you 😂

Nothing Left to Listen to for the rest of the year because this is AOTY 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Those last three songs are absolutely fantastic. Nice music. 

• Love 1

I'd reccomend using an online MP3 Gain-Increaser at 8.5 Decibels to get this up to standard CD-Rip volume, if anyone finds the low volume too jarring to listen to.

Good that this rip came in a little more quiet. Prevents me from rupturing my ear drums before I get to the last track. 

• Upvote 2

crying and shaking rn

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, humbleledger said:

vinyl player has a usb out. Plug it into computer and use the usb input to record the audio to audacity or whatever 

• Upvote 2

so excited!

6.5/10

• Confused 1

y'all, i love the melody in the hands that used to hold me. unexpected but i fuck with it a lot

Anyone having a problem downloading it? Im able to to get the next page after hitting download but neither one of the links will bring me to the zippy or passthelink

They are talent nonetheless, but I don't get the hype. They sound like any other post-hardcore band (to me). I'll still give it a listen!