Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Cosmic Reaper

Doses - Doses [EP] (2019)

31 posts in this topic

Wow one day earlier : )

• Love 1

do they have a bandcamp?

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, jamyjet said:

do they have a bandcamp?

dosesnj.bandcamp.com 

16 minutes ago, Hellion6 said:

Oh yeah I'm ready for this :D thanks @Cosmic Reaper

Much love @PhantomFear<3 super excited glad I checked KL just now :lol:

Hell yeah, lmk what you think!

You are seriously talented

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Gandalfstorm said:

You are seriously talented

no u <3

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

this is such a good ep I love it <3!!!!!

• Love 1

13 hours ago, doodletheoodle said:

this is such a good ep I love it <3!!!!!

thank you!!!! <3

Loved it front to back, that's some very solid work !

Remember us when you'll be famous !

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Superb EP, loved it start to finish XD favorites are Ghosts, Hourglass and White Noise :jams:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, duck! said:

Loved it front to back, that's some very solid work !

Remember us when you'll be famous !

Lmao I love this site, I'll always be here no matter what. And thank you <3

39 minutes ago, Downtown Battle Mountain said:

SHOUT OUT TO JERSEY! shore kids B)

HELL FUCKING YEAH!!

24 minutes ago, Hellion6 said:

Superb EP, loved it start to finish XD favorites are Ghosts, Hourglass and White Noise :jams:

Thank you! Im glad you enjoyed it :D

• Upvote 2

Ain't gonna lie this is pretty great. Reminds me of Thornhill or The Ansible. Playing it on my gym's AUX!

• Love 2

8 hours ago, aMemoryMisread said:

Ain't gonna lie this is pretty great. Reminds me of Thornhill or The Ansible. Playing it on my gym's AUX!

I’ve actually never heard of The Ansible, so I’m definitely going to check them out. Thank you for listening :)

this makes me have sex

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

love this need lyrics  thankssss lol

• Love 1

It's still rough around the edges but I've heard bigger (even household names) bands with worse production and more questionable songwriting choices. Basically every song has at least some great parts and some songs are straight up great from start to end. I think one of my bigger gripes is probably parts like ~1:02 - 1:30 of Ghosts, even tho you're trying hard to deliver those lines the song feels extremely slow there and basically everything before and after is much more pleasant to listen.

The vocal layering in some parts is top tier and the constant melodic/heavy switch-ups are great especially in White Noise and Solace. There's even some multilayered breakdowns in there. I think Hourglass and Solace are my fave songs overall.

• Love 2

5 hours ago, desk said:

It's still rough around the edges but I've heard bigger (even household names) bands with worse production and more questionable songwriting choices. Basically every song has at least some great parts and some songs are straight up great from start to end. I think one of my bigger gripes is probably parts like ~1:02 - 1:30 of Ghosts, even tho you're trying hard to deliver those lines the song feels extremely slow there and basically everything before and after is much more pleasant to listen.

The vocal layering in some parts is top tier and the constant melodic/heavy switch-ups are great especially in White Noise and Solace. There's even some multilayered breakdowns in there. I think Hourglass and Solace are my fave songs overall.

Thank you so much for the honest criticism :D good to know! And I’m seeing a lot of people liking Solace the most, maybe should have made that a single, but then again idk if the outro would have made sense

8 hours ago, randy21205 said:

love this need lyrics  thankssss lol

I can DM you them, just lmk for which song(s)?

@PhantomFear not bad sir...not bad at all. I too must give you a “jersey represent ✌️🤘🤘

Your dirty vocals remind of someone and I can’t quite put my finger on it. I’ll get back to you. 🙃

• Love 1

Just now, nineball4444 said:

@PhantomFear not bad sir...not bad at all. I too must give you a “jersey represent ✌️🤘🤘

Your dirty vocals remind of someone and I can’t quite put my finger on it. I’ll get back to you. 🙃

Hell yeah Jersey rep <3 and when you find out let me know :D

• Upvote 1

Doses - Doses EP Review
Curious about that cover? what is it? anywho onto the review:

Hourglass - 4/5 - love that guitar intro at the start and it builds into something with that same guitar riff with heavier riff. Then goes to something unexpected in the middle of the song just some clean hard vocals until the ending of the song. For myself, I enjoyed the start of the song a lot. But otherwise, it was good. 

Ghosts - 4.5/5 - Very nice bass riff for that intro. Love those clean vocals in the intro damn. Mixes well with the guitar into something hardcore with the vocals and guitar work. Then goes pretty light in the middle again which I always love when bands do that. Screams and then some cleans great work. I see you're using a lot of bass Riffs with this song. It works great. I hope more of the EP does that if not then I hope in future projects be sure to do this kind of stuff.  Love the ending sir with the clean vocals.

White Noise - 4/5 - Ok was unexpected with the hardcore at the start but they did well very balancing it not to scare you at the start with it, unlike some bands. Hear the drums well with this one and guitars. Good hardcore vocals. Ok like a very very small breakdown at around 2:43 wish it was more. Love switch at around 3:00 to that softer tone. Nice clean vocals here. Then goes back to hardcore with the cleans and some hardcore vocals in the background and they switch between each other. It's very cool. This song near the ending reminds me well of a band in my local area Prinport 

Distant Comfort - 4.5/5 - nice drum and bass intro love that. nice clean intro with vocals but kind of hardcore but not too hardcore. I like this intro alot next to Ghost. Then goes straight into clean vocals with hearing some of his high registry I like it with different pitches. Continue doing the clean vocals from 0:47 to 1:16ish in future projects it sounds really good. Instrumental wise this sounds great. 1:47 to 2:00 vocals love the dark vibe. breakdown 2:50 ayyy but not long enough again....Honestly my fav breakdown thus far. But this song is by far my fav with different vocal pitches that phantom did and it sounds great.

Solace - 4/5 - Thus another song getting right into it with the hardcore but didn't scare you. 0:52 Guitar riff sounds like Badflower "murder games" guitar riff intro wish they expanded that longer. good instrumental and cleans. Another breakdown at 2:30 but this one is I think the official good breakdown and best one out of this whole EP and will top that Distant Comfort breakdown now. It went back to that same guitar riff at 0:52 but in 3:10 but changed it a tiny bit with an eerie vibe and made it long thus its the outro.

Final Thoughts:

They remind of two of my local bands in my area with white noise they sounded like Prinport. But they also sound like another hardcore/metalcore band Planeshifter but Doses is lighter than Planeshifter. You can fight me on the vocals and say its screams but to me it sounds like Hardcore vocals not even a screams. But I like the hardcore vocals than screams in metalcore music by far. For a first EP it sounds great guys. Hopefully more stuff in the future. Try to promote it somehow besides kingdomleaks   I hope you do what I said for each track in recommendation if I mentioned something for that track for future projects to consider stuff.  But be sure to check out Doses EP. Until the next one fellas.

Fav Tracks: Ghosts and Distant Comfort.

Kind of cool the same Mixing engineer as WCAR

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I stan doses

• Love 2

1 hour ago, ishwi said:

I stan doses

ish MY LOVE