Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Alter Bridge - Walk the Sky (2019)

28 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Finally!  And thank you!!!!

FLAC added!

Damn!  This really lived up to my expectations.  They took everything they do well and expanded on it.  I love the synth elements they added.  Definitely a lot going on and a lot to absorb.

the released songs left a lot to be desired. going in with The Last Hero expectations. 

Oof, nothing new, nothing catchy. Sounds like Alter Bridge.

It's Alter Bridge so it's good. In my opinion their first 2 albums are masterpieces. I've had those on heavy rotation since they came out. This album is a little more experimental with the synths and keys and I'm not sure yet if I like them or not. I'll have to listen to the album a few more times to really get a feel for it but upon intial listen it's good, but didn't wow me. 

Are reviewers not suppose to approach music objectively?  We all have our bias but part of their gig is to try to bury that.  

And also, if you are not a fan or someone who is generally curious, why are you commenting?

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Altered84 said:

And also, if you are not a fan or someone who is generally curious, why are you commenting?

because i want to?????

40 minutes ago, Altered84 said:

Are reviewers not suppose to approach music objectively?  We all have our bias but part of their gig is to try to bury that.  

yeah you’re right 

Haha fair enough and I am just curious.  Trolling is personally one of my favorite past times so I wasn't sure if that was your game and such.  Btw your unique name for the band is pretty good

• Upvote 1

Just now, Altered84 said:

Haha fair enough and I am just curious.  Trolling is personally one of my favorite past times so I wasn't sure if that was your game and such.  Btw your unique name for the band is pretty good

no worries dude, I’m poor at trolling anyway lmao and not shitting on the band, just thought antler bridge sounded funny 

• Upvote 1

Can’t wait to download this when I get home from work today. Exited to listen to this album! Their first two albums are amazing and the best ones. I’m hoping this one is just as good. They always deliver with good tracks 

gracias por este aporte, saludos!!

It’s a solid record. Not their best, not their worst. Worth giving a try though.

• Upvote 1

Love the first 3 records, Fortress was good, Last Hero was... fine, and this is also.... fine.

I feel like Myles and Mark are spreading themselves too thin between their other projects, the lryics are pretty weak and so are a lot of the riffs beside a few.

Doesn't sound rushed per se but it sounds like it's lacking that AB magic that made the first 3 records so damn good.

• Upvote 2

I was really hoping for this to be good. First listen and it was kinda disappointing. It seemed too monotonous. There are a few songs here and there that are quite good, but the overall feeling is negative. Too much filler.

• Upvote 1

I like how there are some more heavier riffs and that Tremonti sings alot more on this one but i just dont like Myles Kennedy, Tremonti is so much better at singing.

Love this album, only thing missing is I wish they had one or two melodic acoustic songs that showcase myles singing like they've had on past releases

I wasn't let down by a the last hero but its definitely my least favorite alter bridge record. to me it wasn't as heavy as the rest and it felt like some of the slash rock n roll stuff bled into the last hero....wasn't exactly alter bridge.

Walk the sky is a return to form. For the most part I feel like they're a modern sevendust, you know what you're getting, they don't disappoint and they continue adding solid albums to their catalog each time out.

22 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

I like how there are some more heavier riffs and that Tremonti sings alot more on this one but i just dont like Myles Kennedy, Tremonti is so much better at singing.

Aside from tastes being subjective and all....myles is clearly the more skilled singer with a much better range. Tremonti has improved significantly from his first album. Maybe you appreciate tremontis tone more or whatever but myles is so much more skilled lol

I just wish they had a better vocalist. Their instrumentation has always been at least decent, especially on Fortress. But their vocalist just annoys me, belongs in an 80s hair metal band.