mR12

Ice Nine Kills - Your Number's Up (Single) (2019)

57 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Fuck, this is good

Meh. Sounds like everything off the last album. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

This is awesome! Cant wait to here the thriller cover too

• Upvote 1

Avenged Sevenfold - Old Famous Last Words fusion is strong with this song. But well, that's how all their stuff sounds. Nothing new nor exciting here. I'm ready to get hated on btw.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 5

That was G-O-O-D. I really dug it hard. Cool verses, chorus, and an awesome breakdown. 

Would it be possible that this is apart of a deluxe edition or something? Because clearly this would be apart of The Silver Scream, which is mentioned many times in the song.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Wow what a song \m/ \m/

4 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Would it be possible that this is apart of a deluxe edition or something? Because clearly this would be apart of The Silver Scream, which is mentioned many times in the song.

Yes, this is one of the bonus tracks. 

One top of all of that, what makes Ice Nine Kills so goddamn good is the way they can inject theatrical elements onto their songs and actually make them sound so good. That's their selling point - They make the larger than life stuff in movies and plays fit so nicely with the metal.

Also, hah. "Scream"o. I see you.

• Upvote 4

It's kind of wild to not hear J.D.'s screams echoing out behind / in between Spencer (if I'm hearing correctly). The track is definitely fun. I wonder if J.D.'s simply writing / producing and how much Ricky, Dan, Joe, and Patrick contributed.

Just now, chase.bacon@yahoo.com said:

Anyone know who the woman singing is?

The album artwork says "Guest Vocals: Sarah J. Bartholomew."

Woohoo!  I love throwing on this band for the season.  They are so good!

And this is another reason why this band can’t be touched when it comes to metalcore

• Upvote 2

Definitely loving this. Ice Nine Kills is one of my all time favorites by far. 

Fits right in with an already amazing album.

• Upvote 1

Oh god the beginning is like a musical, the way they start singing along on the phone, made me laugh right away ("I'm sorry sir but I think you have the wrong number) :lol:, but when the tune got heavier and I felt the classic INK take over:jams:, I was like this shit is gonna be some awesome scary shit, and it is and I love it so much :lol:. Definitely feeling some Avenged vibes in this more then any INK song recently, it's really cool. Sarah Bartholomew is a really good singer too, and she adds way more creepiness to the track. You can even hear her singing along in the background throughout the song, like a banshee. Spencer's did such a great job on this, but it feels so short compared to the rest of the albums songs. I wish they would do a few more bonus horror movie songs besides this n Thriller. This is gonna be super fun to cover on a side note. Thanks for posting :D

• Upvote 2

Surprisingly this can hold a candle with the better half of the last album, when you consider like a third of it shouldn't have been on it (especially SAVAGES and Freak Flag) this is a pretty great b-side.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I hate to be that kind of guy but I'm disappointed that the deluxe version have only 1 new song... 1 cover and 4 acoustic songs is not my cup of tea ! 

Edited by Medusa
  • Upvote 3

@Invidious 

37 minutes ago, Medusa said:

I hate to be that kind of guy but I'm disappointed that the deluxe version have only 1 new song... 1 cover and 4 acoustic songs is not my cup of tea ! 

that's because it's a deluxe edition of that album

You can definitely hear Dan and Joe's influences with the guitar and piano/strings. It has an orchestra feel in the background melody. Pat is getting faster as well... that double bass is the fastest I have heard from him. It's actually Dan's girlfriend that is singing on the song. It sounds like it belongs on The Silver Scream but with some new added elements that really make it stand out.

I absolutely love this song, it was a bit weird not hearing JD at all in this but it's still pretty amazing. I love how the opening is like a A7X musical and then kicking into the chorus which is fantastic and catchy af. The verses on this are killer and the music is on the same God tier levels of the rest of the album (except Love Bites, Freak Flag and Savages they're not bad just not God tier) overall it's amazing, love that we finally got a song about Scream, love that they continue to embrace the theatrics in their music more and more, and I hope that JD will return soon. 

• Upvote 1

I dig it a lot, but its not a masterpiece like Stabbing in the Dark, IT is the End, or Rocking the Boat.

• Upvote 1

It's so cheesy, yet I can't help but get chills. Fucking love this band. 10/10 single, have listened to it 4 times in a row so far and going on a 5th lmao

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Invidious said:

Meh. Sounds like everything off the last album. 

you say that like it's a bad thing

so cheesy yet so sick! only problem I have with it is how long it is :(

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Venomborn said:

It's so cheesy, yet I can't help but get chills. Fucking love this band. 10/10 single, have listened to it 4 times in a row so far and going on a 5th lmao

You sir deserve two reactions but the site only allows one per. So <3 :lol:<3 :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, youthanize said:

It's kind of wild to not hear J.D.'s screams echoing out behind / in between Spencer

JD isn't there anymore

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1