Summers

Like Moths To Flames - Smokes and Mirrors (Single) (2019)

21 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Yeah, this aint it. I dont think cookie cutter metalcore is enough to make people care nowadays, at least that goes for me

Don't know what crack the two above me are smoking, but this song is dope and Like Moths to Flames always put out quality tunes. 

• Upvote 8

Love this band immensely, and I like this song, but there isn't really anything memorable about this one for me

Fucking love this. So excited for the new record.

Thought last song was one of their best but this is aight.

• Upvote 1

This is FUCKING INCREDIBLE! 

ALL METALCORE SHOULD SOUND JUST LIKE THIS!

Oh my god, just shut uuuuup

Not every song will be fucking out of this world amazing, it's literally impossible, it also depends on person, someone loves this one more than All That You Lost and someone loves that one more...

Simple as that

Period

It's amazing, I love it

Another period ❤️

• Upvote 1

I personally like this one a lot more than All That You Lost. The songwriting is a lot tighter and perfected, the guitars are phenomenal, and the melodies are a lot bigger. The only two things holding it back slightly are the lack of a breakdown (cmon LMTF, breakdowns are what you’re known for) and the super weird and loud mix. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Scotty_Trees said:

Don't know what crack the two above me are smoking, but this song is dope and Like Moths to Flames always put out quality tunes. 

Agreed. Not one to judge people for their music tastes, but it's hard to take anyone's criticism of originality or quality of said music when their supposed favorite artists are Disturbed and The Weeknd. 

The song is clearly more melodic than the last, but still just as good as All That You Lost.

• Haha 1

Both of these new songs are really good. They just keep getting better and the direction that a lot of the metalcore heavyweights are going right now sounds new and fresh.

I'm excited af to hear the new record.

Anyway, Nowhere Left to Sink is better than all this lol

I never really enjoyed this band before Bury Your Pain but that song and everything since has been great.

If there's a real standard to hold them to it's the fact he's never even sniffed the peak of his career with Emarosa however many years ago that was.

I can honestly say this doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard before. It's not amazing by any means but it's a very original take on the current state of metalcore. The obvious lack of a breakdown? The way the intro sounds like its building into a breakdown and then hitting us with eerie cleans? It's so jarring and unexpected from the band that's been known for the last decade as "generic." Me personally, LMTF was one of the few bands I could go to when I wanted an all around good old fashioned punchy metalcore angry breakdown song. But these last two singles have been so different compared to everything else in their discog and it sounds GOOD. Very excited for this next album but was this good enough to be a single?

I like this one. But it's true, could've used a breakdown.

That being said, anything new from This or the Apocalypse?