Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Rings of Saturn - Gidim (2019)

38 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Whoa where do I begin with this without sounding like a total douchebag?

This is actually really really bad. Everything is all over the place and It mexer really gets anywhere. All the songs sound literally the same and the mixing doesnt help even the few good moments here.

I am very dissapointed, considering how enjoyable, to say at least, their last two albuns were.

May I remember the comment that was made on their last album's thread.

"It seems that they stopped trying to be as heavy as possible and decided to write some actual music"

This ? This is actually they trying being as heavy as possible and failing it miserably, not heavy, not fun. 

This gets 0 ay lmao would not storm area 51/10 from me.

it’s just boring aimless wankery only worsened by their least clear or punchy mix to date 

I have no doubt about their technical ability, but they fucking suck at songwriting

listening to lugal ki en after this just shows how far they’ve fallen

• Upvote 3

Other Releases by

Eh, fair enough. Rings Of Saturn have always had more in flash than songwriting, not going to lie about that. But they're one of those bands, like Beneath The Massacre, Necrophagist, Origin, etc., that just nearly cross the line of wank before actually being wank for me. I've heard bands and guitarists just play scales and call it a "song," but I feel this album has songs, let alone, gives the listener a challenge in dissecting the album. I guess as someone who has listened to Progressive/Technical Metal regularly for many years, I found this album more enjoyable than some here will.

Lugal Ki En, while I enjoy more now than I did back in 2014, was so disjointed and just didn't flow well. It felt like the songs had all these chugga chugga sections for the sake of chugga chugga sections. The songs felt like they didn't truly take off for me, which is why I much prefer Dingir and the two latest albums. Yes, more technicality doesn't always mean better, but for Rings Of Saturn, I feel it works the best for them... And, of course, the mix of chugga chugga within all the technicality.

Opinions, that's mine, and I'm sticking to it.

one of the best albums of the year. great riffs, god tier vocals(as always), relentless drumming. it has the heaviness of Dingir, the shredding of Lugal and the structure of Ultu, all this with a crystal production. songs do not sound all the same, songwriting isn't bad(but not even mind blowing).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Riff salad it's a no from me dawg.

~K!zL

• Upvote 1

Honestly their best album. This is just excellent, plain and simple

I ẹnjoyed listening to this album while traveling to Saturn

This site is amazing and I use it for music regularly.... but this is the first time the links aren't working for me. Every link attached to the download button comes up with a "forbidden" error for me. Are they down right now or am I doing something wrong? RoS one of my favorites and really trying to get this record in my library before my workout! Thanks!

On 10/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, Poimlok said:

This site is amazing and I use it for music regularly.... but this is the first time the links aren't working for me. Every link attached to the download button comes up with a "forbidden" error for me. Are they down right now or am I doing something wrong? RoS one of my favorites and really trying to get this record in my library before my workout! Thanks!

Kingdom Leaks has been rather buggy for a lot of people the past week, so try again now (unless you already did the last two days, then disregard).

Also, enjoy the most intense workout while listening to this album, lol. Perhaps I need to start including it in my daily routines as well.