We are aware that the Deceptive Site Ahead error is back for some users. Google is flagging our site as deceptive due to us using Zippyshare. We are working to redirect all references to Zippyshare to 404 pages. Please note that this does not affect Filecrypt downloads.
Michael

Dance Gavin Dance - Blood Wolf (Single) (2019)

43 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Six Souls said:

I like it, but this and Head Hunter pale in comparison to the two Royal Coda singles imo

Royal Coda is just very...meh.

Other Releases by

1 hour ago, Tedwards_ said:

they record and release new albums/singles WAAAAY quicker than most bands do, and more often. So i think you can forgive them for not making every single new song a masterpiece 

1 hour ago, Tedwards_ said:

Be thankful they provide so much new content compared to most other bands.

I think most people would prefer better music, less often.. over a lot of average music.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so GOOD

3 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

Bro you do realize they record and release new albums/singles WAAAAY quicker than most bands do, and more often. So i think you can forgive them for not making every single new song a masterpiece (although I really dig these recent singles and ArSe).

Not every new release HAS to "top" their previous releases. Be thankful they provide so much new content compared to most other bands.

Or they could just slow down a bit and write a more impactful album instead of rehashing old ideas. To put quantity over quality is a dumb way of protecting a band, that shits out an album every year just for the sake of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

This and Head Hunter are just too forgettable. I enjoyed Summertime Gladness more as a stand alone single than either of these. Mothership might have been peak Tillian, though ArSe had some greats songs on it. We’ll see with the upcoming album.

• Upvote 2

Hold off your horses guys.. It’s just one song, I remember that one of the first mothership single was not that appreciated in here and it turned out to be one of hell of an album. For me personally like the majority, mothership is my favorite album by DGD.

I found ArSe to be very catchy, but as a fan of heavier music, mothership ofc attracted my attention in many more various ways. I think it is the heaviest version of DGD, the addition of harsher vocals by Tilian is really what won me over. The rest is also incredible, but the way it mixes Tilian harsh vocals followed by Jon Mess screams is just perfect. I also agree with most of you that it is their best effort at sounding like a perfect symbiosis.

Well if this isnt just WHAT I fucking missed from the last album ??
THE GROOVE MAN
THE GROOVE

18 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

Bro you do realize they record and release new albums/singles WAAAAY quicker than most bands do, and more often. So i think you can forgive them for not making every single new song a masterpiece (although I really dig these recent singles and ArSe).

Not every new release HAS to "top" their previous releases. Be thankful they provide so much new content compared to most other bands.

Let them have an opinion.

• Upvote 1

As someone who’s not a fan of them, I kinda like this one. One of their more tolerable songs for me

On 10/11/2019 at 8:01 AM, Brad . said:

DGD are one of my very favourite bands, and this song is good because DGD are always good, but it's missing that little bit extra that made DGD so brilliant. Headhunter wasn't amazing, i don't think i've listened to that track once since maybe 3 or 4 days after its release, and this song is probably going to be similar. 

Mothership really spoiled me because that is undniably the peak of the Tilian era, and when that was released i had a horrible feeling that everything after that wouldn't live up to that standard. The interplay between Tilian and Jon on that record was incredible, the music could be rough, soaring, huge sounding and different from what came before, then ArSe came and although it's a great album, it's too samey in parts and is quite slow and methodical in its composition. It's still great, but it's no Mothership. 

Headhunter and this new track feel like a continuation of that to me, rather than them reaching the Mothership highs again. Their new album will be really interesting because no doubt i'll love it and play it a huge amount, but if it isn't as good as Mothership, and follows the same formula as everything that came after it, i wouldn't be able to not be at least slightly disappointed by it. 

Weird feeling tbh. 

Couldn't agree more. I think what kept this band fresh and on top of their game for all these years are the different vibes and different approach each singer brought. I feel like the 'Tilian-era' has just worn out. I listened to the new songs once and I could easily guess all the vocal melodies beforehand, it just became so formulaic. I love Tilian and his voice, Mothership and Acceptance Speech are among my favorite DGD records but I'm just so tired of it all now… I'd love to see Matt Geise on the front, wonder what he's up to these days...

• Upvote 1

The less Jon Mess, the better. Great tune.

At first I didn't dig it as much as their other songs but after a couple of time is starting to grow on me