Summers

Our Last Night - Let Light Overcome The Darkness (Single) (2019)

15 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - October 11th, 2019

Genre - Post-Hardcore, Metalcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

1. Let Light Overcome the Darkness

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Other Releases by

Wait, Metalcore???? I read that right, right? I wonder what this half of the split ep gonna be like. I'm interested as fuck now.

• Upvote 1

This is a really soft song but, it is still really good. 

Are you kidding me? That's the song title? What the fuck? "Overcome" would have been enough you know.

Eitherway, I'mma check this out now

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Hellion6 said:

Wait, Metalcore???? I read that right, right? I wonder what this half of the split ep gonna be like. I'm interested as fuck now.

The Beaten Path had some metalcore influence and from the teasers they've been posting, Overcome the Darkness may be the heavier side (except this song obviously, it's very chill), so I am definitely hyped.

Eitherway, this song is like really calm? It's a "Coldrain - January 1st" type of ballad, maybe even a tid bit softer, but it's a good song. 

• Love 1

Sweet song, quite surprising it's a single tho

So what's the deal with this album?  From my understanding it was released as a 8 song ep earlier in the year and the other half of the album is suppose to release later in the year.  Assuming this is a single from the other half... I just figured there'd be a different album name or artwork if it was going to be split into 2 eps.  Anyone got some more info for me?

1 minute ago, me420 said:

So whats the deal with this album?  From my understanding it was released as a 8 song ep earlier in the year and the other half of the album was suppose to release later in the year.  Assuming this is a single from the other half... I just figured there'd be a different album name or artwork if it was going to be split into 2 eps.  Anyone got some more info for me?

Actually, this is for the second half of the EP. Summers just used the cover of the first half, for some reason. (There is a cover for the second half already, so I am kinda confused about this aswell)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hellion6 said:

I mean, since the first half was metalcore it only makes sense, right?

• Haha 1

I feel like they just decided to transform the interlude from the first part of this double ep. I’ve seen them mention there would be no weird short song in the second half. So I guess they just decided to redo it and this won’t be apart of the next release. Clearly this has the title and cover from the previous one so it would make sense I supppose.

1 hour ago, Adec21 said:

I feel like they just decided to transform the interlude from the first part of this double ep. I’ve seen them mention there would be no weird short song in the second half. So I guess they just decided to redo it and this won’t be apart of the next release. Clearly this has the title and cover from the previous one so it would make sense I supppose.

Yes, but an other interview said that "The Darkness" is a prequel to an unwritten song - most likely this one here. Plus, I doubt they'd make this song not appear on the next half, since this seems like some sort of title track to the double EP. I mean, they mention both "Let Light Overcome" and "Overcome the Darkness" in the song. 

Plus, I am sure the song having the cover of the first half EP is an error, since the single itself has a completely new single cover, in the same style as "The Beaten Path", which will be on Overcome the Darkness, as we know. 

• Upvote 1

The cover summers used is placeholder, as he did leakday alone, snd i assume didn't have to to lower the actual covers image size 

There its changed boys wasn't there before though