Summers

Thousand Below - Gone In Your Wake (2019)

51 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Absolute amazing album!!! 

This is how you progress as a band, definitely a massive improvement over TLYLTC.

Solid 9.2/10

(Also that Marcus bridge feature is something else)

One of my most anticipated releases this year. So excited for this. Their last album is god-like post-hardcore.

it's really good when you feel like a band can release an record that has the same quality that the debut had, i would give this an 9/10

• Upvote 2

It is not metalcore or post-hardcore 
It is alternative
I'm disappointed, maybe it's progress, but not at such a price

• Haha 1

Just now, PetrSnoy said:

It is alternative
I'm disappointed, maybe it's progress, but not at such a price

Alternative is not a genre bud

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

weaker than debut for sure

• Upvote 1

Ooo I've been waiting for this! Thanks :like:

Chemical was really nice, is this album more of that style or screemy screemy metalcore?

1 hour ago, PetrSnoy said:

uhhh wha

are we listening to the same band?

I really want to like this, but their debut LP is so much better and it feels so much more genuine to me. This just isn't scratching the itch for me :| maybe it will grow on me over time, but first listen is nothing spectacular

• Upvote 1

This will help.... https://www.altpress.com/features/thousand-below-gone-in-your-wake-track-by-track/ 

I was so pumped for this after they dropped Disassociate (one of my favorite songs released this year). It's not a bad album, just falls short  in comparison to what I was expecting.  

• Upvote 2

wow how disappointing.  the first album was so raw and emotional.  such an amazing debut.

this feels very artificial and corporate.

It's still a solid album but they went from a standout in the genre to just another decent post-hardcore band that I'll listen to on occasion with this release =/

• Upvote 4

@Summers Alternative Rock not a genre 

Every time I learn something new about old things

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

@humbleledger I think so, but it sounds very easy, I'll try to listen a few more times, and then the first impression is full of disappointment

Didn't like any of this. Glad to see others enjoying it but this just bored me

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DreamAgain said:

wow how disappointing.  the first album was so raw and emotional.  such an amazing debut.

this feels very artificial and corporate.

It's still a solid album but they went from a standout in the genre to just another decent post-hardcore band that I'll listen to on occasion with this release =/

Just curious, what made them a standout? I've listened to their debut, some good songs but nothing stood out to me.

• Upvote 1

I thought I would enjoy but I was unfortunately let down. Disassociate and 171 xo were my favorite tracks

I enjoyed TLYLTC but found that it was boring in some spots. This album is a real snoozer for me. Maybe 1 or 2 good songs. Not a good follow up album for them in my opinion. Pretty sure this is going to be a one listen through and done for me.

I like this album, loved TLYLTC a lot. They're comparable at the very least, but TLYLTC is definitely more stand out (but don't sleep on this one, at least give it a good listen). Some of my favorite tracks are Disassociate, Fake Smile, Vanish, 171 xo, Learn To Lose (which isn't actually rock or metal, it sounds like one of the electronic songs from amo), but most of the other songs are solid. The only song I really do not like is Gone In Your Wake, it just... Doesn't fit, but it will probably grow on me. Solid 8/10 for me.

sometimes it's nice to have a pretty generic, unchallenging album to throw in the mix every now and then, like Palisades' self-titled, BAAO's Waiting for Morning to Come etc. I guess this album will do it for me this year. pretty okay record, decent to listen to while doing anything else.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

sometimes it's nice to have a pretty generic, unchallenging album to throw in the mix every now and then, like Palisades' self-titled, BAAO's Waiting for Morning to Come etc. I guess this album will do it for me this year. pretty okay record, decent to listen to while doing anything else.

Man it's just their second album though, they should build upon what they did in the first one.  Also reading that track by track description was really eye opening for me.. sometimes it was as simple as "well we had a hard song.. then a soft one.. then we wanted a piano song.."  wow okay cool guys, that's your writing process? yeesh.

3 hours ago, InsidAero said:

Just curious, what made them a standout? I've listened to their debut, some good songs but nothing stood out to me.

Mostly their guitar work.  Love it when bands pull off pseudo post-rock riffs but with the aggression turned up to 10.  Closest thing it reminds me to at times is a lesser man's Of Machines.

23 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

Man it's just their second album though, they should build upon what they did in the first one.  Also reading that track by track description was really eye opening for me.. sometimes it was as simple as "well we had a hard song.. then a soft one.. then we wanted a piano song.."  wow okay cool guys, that's your writing process? yeesh.

I don't think I ever listened to their debut more than twice, so I don't really have a bar set for them to be striving for something better. the point you make is fair though, I just don't care much for the genre as a whole so it doesn't bother me 

I  dont really dig it. The thing I've loved about their debut is the agression/melody in the songs, Even though this is really beautiful.

• Upvote 2

Not really what I expected. Much softer and more alt rock as others have suggested. I think the singles are the best one the album and the rest was pretty unmemorable.

• Upvote 2

Talk about a sophomore slump. This sounds so artificial and by the numbers. Loved their debut, but I don't see my self coming back to a single song on this record.

• Upvote 3

Not diggin' this too much to be honest.

• Upvote 2