Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Cosmic Reaper

Gideon - Out of Control (2019)

34 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

What an insane tumble this band has taken.  Costs and Milestone are still excellent.  This is just juvenile and awful.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 11

Just finished the album and while I like the album. The introduction interlude feels kind of not needed, the interlude STYLE in the album is kind of annoying. Along with that 2 CLOSE and LOW LIFE just weren't very good in my opinion and the rest of the album is pretty solid however there are some standouts that I wish the album had more of songs like TAKE ME, SOUTHWIND and Out of Control. BITE DOWN first 2 minutes are so insanely heavy I can't get enough of it but sadly it ends on such a weird note and kind of closes out the album feeling very lackluster. Overall the album is pretty solid with some drawbacks but at least has a few really good standouts that I hope we get to hear more of in the next album hopefully. 7/10

Favorite Tracks: TAKE ME, SOUTHWIND, Out of Control

Least Favorite Tracks: 2 CLOSE and LOW LIFE

Good but could’ve been so much better without the weird experimental tracks. 2 Close is fucking terrible, and Low Life, Style, Sleep, and Southwind just wont keep me coming back for repeat listens. The rest is great, especially Outlaw, Life Without, Denial, and Take Me. 

• Upvote 2

I named my dog after them so I might be a bit biased, but I don't get the hate. Album is rad. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Lol said:

I named my dog after them so I might be a bit biased, but I don't get the hate. Album is rad. 

Bad*

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 9

I'm probably biased as well but I don't understand the hate either. This was such a fun listen for me. So many twists and turns it keeps you on your toes in a great way. It's the Gideon sound with a nu-metal flare. It's definitely different for them but every song has aspects that the usual Gideon fan will enjoy. 

Not to mention the musicianship is pretty wild. Gideon are one of the few bands (that im aware of) that record their drums last and you can really tell how that benefits them. 

Overall its a refreshing and refined sound that doesnt stray too far from what they are known for: 8.5/10

Highlights: Life Without, Out of Control, Denial, Southwind

Lowlights (barely): 2 Close and the 2 interludes.

Just now, Nickelback4Life said:

Bad*

Do you just troll threads of albums you don't like and make fun of people that enjoy it?

• Upvote 3

Just now, jbellaire said:

I'm probably biased as well but I don't understand the hate either. This was such a fun listen for me. So many twists and turns it keeps you on your toes in a great way. It's the Gideon sound with a nu-metal flare. It's definitely different for them but every song has aspects that the usual Gideon fan will enjoy. 

Not to mention the musicianship is pretty wild. Gideon are one of the few bands (that im aware of) that record their drums last and you can really tell how that benefits them. 

Overall its a refreshing and refined sound that doesnt stray too far from what they are known for: 8.5/10

Highlights: Life Without, Out of Control, Denial, Southwind

Lowlights (barely): 2 Close and the 2 interludes.

Do you just troll threads of albums you don't like and make fun of people that enjoy it?

If something sucks, I'm gonna share that opinion.

Womp

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Just now, Nickelback4Life said:

If something sucks, I'm gonna share that opinion.

Womp

Which is why we are all here... but you dont have to state it multiple times in a thread and quote other members who have a positive comment. We get it you don't like it.

• Upvote 4

If you put "No Love / No One" as a bonus track on this album, and delete "Style" it will become perfect.

• Love 1

Pretty good album strong 8/10 right now

• Upvote 1

Its cool, but far from my favorite they've made 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

Which is why we are all here... but you dont have to state it multiple times in a thread and quote other members who have a positive comment. We get it you don't like it.

He does it cuz he's desperately seeking attention. Just ignore them, they don't know how to play nice with others which is just very sad. 

• Love 1

Man, ive never wanted cleans more. Some of these songs the choruses just beg for a  melody. God Id fuckin be all over this if it did. I just cant get into constant screams like this. Its like a fuckin tease when that sweet melody comes in and he screams.

• Upvote 3

I really love this. Like all of it. I can understand why some hate this, but I feel like this works for them quite well. Obvious standouts are Take Me, Outlaw, Southwind, and Out of Control.

• Upvote 5

FLAC added!

I definitely need more listens to judge, but this is quite good. Id probably say that its their worst album but not meaning that its bad. Just a few instances of some nu-metally type stuff that i dont really like but ill come back after a few listens.

• Upvote 1

Really enjoying this album. Some really fun songs on here. 

• Upvote 1

This is how you do The Ghost Inside while The Ghost Inside are decommissioned

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Half of these songs are great, the other sounds like they wrote the lyrics in less than a day, particularly the cringey ones. They as might as well have "I'm gonna beat you up if you steal my crackers. My mom packed my lunch, and I love herrrrrrrrr!"  The music is great, though. 

So behind on new albums. Can't wait to give this a listen. Loved Cold. Liked the singles. I'm sure this will be great. 

• Upvote 1

Reading everyone's comments, tonnes of mixed reviews - I'm excited to check this album out. 

This album is a blast to listen to. No experience with Gideon before, outside of some songs on Youtube, but these dudes know how to groove hard without getting tiring. Lots of cool melodic sections in the songs, especially in "Take Me," "Southwind" and the title track. Like everyone has said, I can get the dislike for this album with the 90s Nu-Metal influence, but I think it sounds fine here.

• Upvote 1

The surprise Limp Bizkit album no one asked for 

• Upvote 1

Well, this is kinda ass

You're not Nü-metalcore until you have gunshot breakdowns

1 hour ago, BrickFace said:

Well, this is kinda ass

You're not Nü-metalcore until you have gunshot breakdowns

1 minute ago, desk said:

cover gives me similar vibes