ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Michael

The Devil Wears Prada - The Act (2019)

140 posts in this topic

Holy shit what an album. IMO, this is by far their best album. It's just a perfect blend of everything they've done so far and done in such an original way that nobody will be able to do replicate. Mad respect to them.

• Upvote 5

STYGKL_1.gif

Other Releases by

13 hours ago, RavenXIII said:

Damn what a solid album.

Way better than the makeup garbage album by Issues

Why compare the two?

• Upvote 2

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

Switchblade - Isn't It Strange are all very cool and unique. They all have their own atmosphere and nuances that make them stand out.

Spiderhead is a dope finisher too that breakdown is one of the most creative parts they've written.

Diamond Found - Even Though seem so forgettable so far. They could all be one song to me since they're droney atmosphere with slow Mike yelling (much like the rest of the album but at least the rest have specific quirks). Even Though has heavy parts, but if I'm not listening to it I can't think of what it sounds like. That's not to say they're bad songs, just not impactful like the former part of the album.

I've only done album playthroughs so far so they might stand out in a shuffle of other songs.

Overall I'm glad they stuck with the "SIlent Planet" style of prog metalcore. I never really liked their deeper cut songs pre-Dead Throne because Mike's screams annoyed me, but I feel he really found his niche in the spoken style yells. 8.5/10

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

esta es otra de mis bandas favoritas, excelente aporte, muchas gracias!!!

WHAT A FKING MASTERPIECE!!!!!!

Honestly I'm amazed this is getting so much praise. Aside from isnt it strange and the breakdown in spiderhead I thought this album was awful. Mike's vocals are headache inducing and really don't fit with the slow style of most of the songs. Such a disappointment coming from transit blues.

Honestly so happy this has been getting the love it deserves on here, definitely thought it wouldn't be "hard" enough for most users that post here. This album is just fantastic and I love all of their albums, even their early ones. This just goes balls to the walls off-kilter and I love how much they do on it. Easily one of my favorite albums of the year and might top Dead Throne for me for favorite of theirs.

This album fucking slays! Love the style elements they chose this time around.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't a huge fan of this record. Only liked 3 songs Switchblade, Lines of Your Hands and Spiderhead. I enjoyed Transit Blues a lot more

FLAC added!

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

So for somebody who A.) Loves Metalcore to fucking DEATH, and B.) has never listened to a whole lot of these guys before...

The Act was pretty boring for the most part. There were a couple really cool tracks.

However, if the screams were better, I'd 100% love the album a lot more. 

The uncleans I can definitely say is the biggest thing that turned me off to the record. 

Honestlly tho, that's the worst part because I wanted to love this record so much because that fucking album cover is like the coolest thing lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

So for somebody who A.) Loves Metalcore to fucking DEATH, and B.) has never listened to a whole lot of these guys before...

The Act was pretty boring for the most part. There were a couple really cool tracks.

The uncleans I can definitely say is the biggest thing that turned me off to the record. 

Honestlly tho, that's the worst part because I wanted to love this record so much because that fucking album cover is like the coolest thing lol

you’ll probably love their earlier stuff a lot more then

• Upvote 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

6 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

you’ll probably love their earlier stuff a lot more then

I listened to their first album and thought it was okay haha. 

Haven't heard anything between the releases tho. Had it all downloaded before a bug caused me to have to delete ALL of my music that I'm slowly reacquiring. 

Can you recommend their best album Metalcore-wsie to me? 

10 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

I honestly wouldn't even call them metalcore anymore.  Labeling them as such gives you expectations of what to expect and thus why you're probably disappointed; because of the unsatisfied expectations.  They're more experimental nowadays and dabble in post-rock and metalcore obviously, but they aren't really a metalcore band at this point.  They're an experimental post-hardcore band with atmospheric post-rock elements as well as some metalcore. If you aren't into post rock/metal to begin with, then of course it'll be a huge bore as post- genres are that to a lot of people anyways.  They don't just write straight bangers just like most metalcore bands do, they write slow burners that dig into your head with repeated listens.

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

Haven't heard anything between the releases tho. Had it all downloaded before a bug caused me to have to delete ALL of my music that I'm slowly reacquiring. 

With Roots Above and Branches Below for more of the scene/crab core sound...

Dead Throne for the more traditional metalcore sound.

Also highly recommend the Zombie and Space EPs.  Zombie is more straight up killer metalcore (one of the best metalcore EPs out there) and Space is super atmospheric and dope too.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

With Roots Above and Branches Below, Zombie EP, Dead Throne, 8:18 and Space EP (all killer metalcore releases imo)

• Upvote 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

I honestly wouldn't even call them metalcore anymore.  Labeling them as such gives you expectations of what to expect and thus why you're probably disappointed; because of the unsatisfied expectations.  They're more experimental nowadays and dabble in post-rock and metalcore obviously, but they aren't really a metalcore band at this point.  They're an experimental post-hardcore band with atmospheric post-rock elements as well as some metalcore. If you aren't into post rock/metal to begin with, then of course it'll be a huge bore as post- genres are that to a lot of people anyways.  They don't just write straight bangers just like most metalcore bands do, they write slow burners that dig into your head with repeated listens.

There are some SUPER fucking solid post rock records that I adore to pieces, and I do love slower more atmospheric music *sometimes*, but yeah I guess labelling this as metalcore did cause undue expectations, but even then I knew from everybody else that this was going to be weirder, more experimental, less metalcore, etc. but even then, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, the experimentation could've been better. 

Like I said, there are some SOLID tracks here, and I surprisingly really like Chemical, like that was cool, but it wasn't a straight 4 minute breakdown fest. 

I just think it could've been a lot better, MOST ESPECIALLY in the vocal department. 

His cleans, especially on the slower songs were super good and I enjoyed them a lot really, but I will still say the uncleans turn me off. 

Just now, dewey duck said:

With Roots Above and Branches Below, Zombie EP, Dead Throne, 8:18 and Space EP (all killer metalcore releases imo)

Okay haha after what I did hear I just wasn't really gonna listen to the rest of their discog, but I guess I'll give some of these a chance. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

There are some SUPER fucking solid post rock records that I adore to pieces, and I do love slower more atmospheric music *sometimes*, but yeah I guess labelling this as metalcore did cause undue expectations, but even then I knew from everybody else that this was going to be weirder, more experimental, less metalcore, etc. but even then, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, the experimentation could've been better. 

Like I said, there are some SOLID tracks here, and I surprisingly really like Chemical, like that was cool, but it wasn't a straight 4 minute breakdown fest. 

I just think it could've been a lot better, MOST ESPECIALLY in the vocal department. 

His cleans, especially on the slower songs were super good and I enjoyed them a lot really, but I will still say the uncleans turn me off. 

Okay haha after what I did hear I just wasn't really gonna listen to the rest of their discog, but I guess I'll give some of these a chance. 

let me know whatcha think!

• Upvote 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

Yeah I totally get it though.  The super slow atmospheric parts with the spoken word-esque harsh vocals are kinda hit and miss sometimes on this album, I totally agree.  Also they have two different vocalists; the harsh vocalist (who plays guitar occasionally) and the clean vocalist/guitarist.  But yeah, I like the harsh vocals as they sound so raw and filthy, yet the spoken word sounding harshes sound very okay in this context...  Their best track (which will never change), To the Key of Evergreen, is the perfect example of them doing that atmospheric sound right with a good tint of metalcore to it, plus he does none-very little of that "spoken word" harshes on that track too.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

Yeah I totally get it though.  The super slow atmospheric parts with the spoken word-esque harsh vocals are kinda hit and miss sometimes on this album, I totally agree.  Also they have two different vocalists; the harsh vocalist (who plays guitar occasionally) and the clean vocalist/guitarist.  But yeah, I like the harsh vocals as they sound so raw and filthy, yet the spoken word sounding harshes sound very okay...  Their best track (which will never change), To the Key of Evergreen, is the perfect example of them doing that atmospheric sound right with a good tint of metalcore to it, plus he does none-very little of that "spoken word" harshes on that track too.  

Oh well then I just don't like their unclean vocalist a whole lot then lmao

1 minute ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

Oh well then I just don't like their unclean vocalist a whole lot then lmao

Oh well lol, its not like there aren't thousands of bands out there anyways.

• Upvote 1

I've been a tdwp fan plagues and the only album I didnt care for was transit. I dont hate that album but aside from a few songs is my least favorite. This album rules and I'm glad they are still here to provide the jams.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, pudhead said:

Is this true 320? Can anyone pull spectrals on it?

We aren’t that other leak site that lies about quality 

• Upvote 1

Transit is an all-time favorite for me so I tempered my expectations extremely heavily for this record, seeing as a follow-up to a personal favorite almost never delivers anywhere close, but damn. They might have actually done it for me here. The more I listen the better it gets. There are so many incredible moments that just build into this really lucid overall experience that I didn't think they would pull off again.

Really hope Mike does another track-by-track for this one because a lot of these lyrics are a tad more cryptic than those on Transit, but you can hear the depth from both Mike and Jeremy. As Kids is unbelievably good.

• Love 1

i am a pure juicer kingdom leaks user

I have buyed this album, because its so good! AOTY for me, no doubt! 

That 1-2 punch of The Thread and Numb tho.