We are aware that the Deceptive Site Ahead error is back for some users. Google is flagging our site as deceptive due to us using Zippyshare. We are working to redirect all references to Zippyshare to 404 pages. Please note that this does not affect Filecrypt downloads.
Michael

The Devil Wears Prada - The Act (2019)

141 posts in this topic

the thread is one of the best songs they have ever written.  and one of my favorite songs of the year.

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

Having listened to it, this is an AOTY contender and exactly where I wanted them to go after TB.

Isn't it Strange is very very very unique, this song is dark atmospheric and ties metalcore into more dark electronic music. Possible the best metalcore song released all year

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, lipwFelipe said:

Sorry

your favorite genre is "metalcore" yet your favorite artists listed are Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, & Asking Alexandria...:blink:

• Haha 3

Just now, Tedwards_ said:

your favorite genre is "metalcore" yet your favorite artists listed are Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, & Asking Alexandria...:blink:

And all of them artists have been metalcore at one point in time so your point is lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Summers said:

And all of them artists have been metalcore at one point in time so your point is lol

That's debatable lol not saying those artists necessarily suck but my point was---he's throwing shade at this TDWP album yet it still beats anything those three have put out in the last ten years lol 

• Love 1

an nichts werd mich die tage intensiver dran ergötzen als an the act.

thank you KL

7 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Their best album without a doubt. Didn’t care for them at all when they were a MySpacecore band, and still think those albums are massively overrated. They caught my attention with Transit Blues with songs like To The Key Of Evergreen though, and this album has cemented my love for them. This is one of the most unique and wild rides of the year, there’s so much of everything to love. Like heavy TDWP? The Act has it. Like soft ambient TDWP? The Act has you covered. Like weird electronic EDM type shit? Well, The Act can satisfy that. Solid 8-9/10 overall from me. Favorite tracks are Lines Of Your Hands, The Thread, Isn’t It Strange, As Kids, and Spiderhead. Isn’t It Strange is god damn perfection. 

You hit the nail on the head. To The Key Of Evergreen honestly hit me so fucking hard, what a fucking song. This new sound vibes that so much and I'm in love. 

I'm so fucking glad this album did what I thought it was going to. 😭😭😭

Wow, this is really good. Super different for them, but I dig it. The Thread, Chemical, Numb and Spiderhead are my favourites so far. Can't wait for this album to grow on me  even more.

"Numb" is definitely the song that stands out to me as the best when it comes to this album, almost tied with "Isn't It Strange". "Switchblade" is also good...but the rest are either hit or miss for me, honestly :/ none are "bad" necessarily...just weird from TDWP. Maybe time will change that, I'm pretty open-minded, so we'll see. 

This is just so good. Chemical, The Thread, and Numb are my current top 3 but I find myself loving each song more during each listen. 

I feel like TDWP created their own version of Underoath's Erase Me where they experimented with tons of new sounds, but also brought some of the heaviest tracks since Dead Throne. 

Fantastic release and can't wait to hear some of these new songs live!

• Love 1

The Thread, Numb, Spiderhead and Switchblade are quite good. Wave of Youth and Even Though arent too bad, and the rest is just no.

8 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

The Thread, Numb, Spiderhead and Switchblade are quite good. Wave of Youth and Even Though arent too bad, and the rest is just no.

ur really picky

holy hell, this album is amazing. I'll be spinning this one for a good while. Their sound changed so much and it actually improved big time! I think this is what Suicide Silence tried to pull off with their last abomination with new sound structures/ vocal changes/ production etc. I predict this being one of my year's top 10 easily :like:

4 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

ur really picky

Yep

mikes uncleans are fucking unreal on this album, they sound raw and NASTY 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

posted my thoughts on my review site.

overall: 9.3/10

Easily in my top 5 this year.

17 minutes ago, PARTYBEARS said:

mikes uncleans are fucking unreal on this album, they sound raw and NASTY 

HONESTLY YEAH. They are literally the best they have ever been, the rawness of the screams draw on to the emotion SO fucking well. Meanwhile I know its hard to get into because its not polished like a majority of the genre nowadays. Big risk for them, but I think it pays off so so so so well.

• Upvote 3

Alright boys imma give this a listen....herE WE GOOOOOOO

The Thread goes hard af oh my, it made me make the stink face and head bang at the same time...YOU...SHOULD....SPEAK...UUUUP

• Upvote 1

Where's the bass

• Upvote 1

Damn what a solid album.

Way better than the makeup garbage album by Issues

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, MinusTheMachine said:

This is just so good. Chemical, The Thread, and Numb are my current top 3 but I find myself loving each song more during each listen. 

I feel like TDWP created their own version of Underoath's Erase Me where they experimented with tons of new sounds, but also brought some of the heaviest tracks since Dead Throne. 

Fantastic release and can't wait to hear some of these new songs live!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that majority of this is basically Erase Me done right. Erase Me was pretty decent with some very memorable moments and some well done songs but as a whole it was pretty lame considering their past efforts. This is not the case for TDWP at all even after such strong release like TB.

• Upvote 1

Only had the chance to listen to it once so far, but it was pretty great.  Lots of variety, much more than Transit Blues had IMO, and I personally feel like that's far more important when it comes to how good/memorable an album is, rather than just how heavy it is.

Also The Thread is just fucking insane.  It was great hearing Mike's lows again after so long.

8 hours ago, NightAngel said:

posted my thoughts on my review site.

overall: 9.3/10

Easily in my top 5 this year.

What seperates a .3 from a .5? Ily angel baby but please

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dust of Pain said:

• Love 2
  • Haha 7

Issues's "Beautiful Oblivion" was my Metalcore AOTY (don't judge me, I freaking love them groove) but TDWP proved that they are kings of emotions. I still remember Alien EP and South Of The City which was in time my favorite song. After Transit Blues I wanted more emotions, that was so solid album, but I don't know I felt lack of big emotions they are capable to share. And this album comes and destroy me. Phenomenal at every inch, I just have shivers, and something inside is squeezes me. AOTY of Metalcore genre for me. No doubt. In general this album is placed at Top 3 of my list.

7 hours ago, RavenXIII said:

Damn what a solid album.

Way better than the makeup garbage album by Issues

And you're surprised?

2 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

The rating comes from my official rating which is a 93/100.

It's explained a little more on my site.

But yeah, 9.3 is a weird number.

not a fan of hot diarrhea vocals but overall it okayish

• Downvote 1