Alazka - Dead End (Single) (2019)

14 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is AMAZING

WOW

Glad they came back <3

• Upvote 1

No kassim? 🤔

This ones tough. Its catchy but its not what made Alazka stand out. 

Really digging this! Wondering where the clean singer went though.

This is awesome... really good jam

I guess the clean vocalist is gone, but he was only there for one album, so it’s not like this was something I’m not used to. 

Their last album was so catchy but did lost the essence of when they were named Burning down alaska, which they should have kept because it had a lot more senses to me at least considering everything around the global warming situation everyone is talking about.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

did Kassim leave the band?

Yup and so did their guitarist, one of the last founding members iirc. Would have hoped they went back to their Burning Down Aalska sound but this is still pretty solid. 

From FB: 

First off, we’d like to apologize to all of you for being so quiet for so long. The reason for our absence was something that hit us pretty hard and it took a lot of time to deal with.

It’s with heavy hearts that we have to announce the departure of Dario and Kassim. They’ve realized that they don’t share the same vision for the music we make and the way we see this band’s future anymore. There is no bad blood, we wish them all the best for their future endeavors. Please respect that this was their decision and that we have decided to continue forward.

Here’s our brand new single‚ “Dead End”! It’s a song about inevitable change and the way you can decide how you want to deal with it. We all come to points in our lives where things need to happen and it’s up to us to run away from it or face it head on.

Song is straight juice

Kinda reminds me of BMTH's Blessed with a Curse

So glad hearing again from these guys

I can't forget how lame the name "Alazka" sounds but eh

Shame about Kassim because I loved his voice but this is really good

4 hours ago, mxzh said:

Shame about Kassim because I loved his voice but this is really good

Can you explain what was confusing about my post? Those emoticons are kind of annoying to me... (A lot) hahaha They're not supposed to replace your opinion, just express yourself dude.

Kassim's statement:

this is probably the hardest thing i ever had to do. for the sake of my well being and that of my bros I am announcing my departure from alazka.

I can understand that this may come unexpected for most of you guys but for me it‘s a result of issues i had for the past year.

i want to explain and hopefully make you guys understand.
the past 2 1/2 years have been a crazy but beautiful journey. touring europe and japan, playing sold out shows..

meeting and getting to know you guys has been the dream i always had. but dreams and expectations can change.

i recently felt that i needed a change. i wasnt happy anymore and i could not point my finger on why.

i felt the deep need to move on, to do new things - personally and musically. i am so grateful for everything.

i want to thank my brothers in alazka who gave me the chance to pursue music professionally and who always had my back when i was down.

you guys always be in my heart. i wanna thank every single one who supported the band for letting me live my dream, supporting & believing in me.

without you all this would not have been possible. please know that this is not the end. music is my deep passion and i will never stop making music.

i cant live without it. also know that alazka will not only continue but go beyond anything you can imagine yet.

i only have love for you guys and i hope you can understand. i am so sorry if i let anyone down with my decision.

if you feel the need to talk to me please do not hesitate to dm me. thank you for everything.

:cry: