Chief

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (2019)

183 posts in this topic

I like the R&B vibe but...no, just no

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Other Releases by

FLAC added!

Surprisingly good. Could use a little more unclean vocals here and there tho, loving the groovyness in this.
Favorites are: Here's To You, Find Forever, Rain, Downfall, Second Best and Beautiful Oblivion. 
Not a fan of: Flexin'.
7,5/10.

• Upvote 1

I dunno. I love Tyler's solo stuff and there are definitely fantastic moments on this album. But overall it just felt...directionless? It has a mostly cohesive sound, but I was expecting one or two songs to really sell this new direction (even though it's not really much of a departure from the sounds they've played with). 

Hopefully it'll grow on me more. 

Wish SycAmour followed up like this. Their genre bending of theatrical dark themed songs like Bathsheba as well as their LP back when they were signed to Hopeless Records was gonna be something much like what Issues did with their sound, fusing R&B/Funk/Rock. Either way I loved both of em especially how this Issues album turned out to be!!

Better than I expected but kinda boring. It needs more energy (like Peach Club by Emarosa). They should've made the entire album like Flexin and less of the slow ballady, boring RNB stuff.

Damn, it's like they didn't try with this one. It's Headspace without all the substance. Didn't think them kicking out that one dude would affect them this hard.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jimblesack said:

Damn, it's like they didn't try with this one. It's Headspace without all the substance. Didn't think them kicking out that one dude would affect them this hard.

Not sure what you're on about Kaiji, this is their magnum opus.

Crush on you

tumblr_p8d6h2wYoc1unrq34o3_500.gif

2 hours ago, Drown said:

Not sure what you're on about Kaiji, this is their magnum opus.

Except it ain't, Headspace was.

12 hours ago, jimblesack said:

Probably because the dynamics don't fit the sound. Or rather tyler doesn't fit the heavier moments the album tries to push rather than just scraping them entirely an going all in on the pop/rnb vibes which tyler sells better. While michel wasn't the best vocalist he made the music fit more. The funny thing is they could've properly rectified that by putting the guitarist on screams properly. Since he was the superior vocalist. That was made apparent on Headspace. But they keep the same heavier side without him actually screaming(except on 1 track? Lol) an it just doesn't fit when it's just tyler trying to squeeze his voice in every musical point of change. 

They should just scrap the heavy elements all together on the next album an go straight pop/rnb rock. It fits waay more than trying to fit all the old sound with bland deliver. An it's clearly the real direction they want to go. They wouldn't have kicked out the screamer if they wanted to keep the heavier aspects the band had.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, utahman1971 said:

Well, I would take AILD new album over this shit any day!

If I was ever gifted this album...I would say thanks...then go down the street find a homeless person and give to them....LOL!

You're one of those people that can't let other enjoy things that you don't like. Just let people enjoy the album. Go listen to AILD if you want metalcore. Cause Issues isn't metalcore.

1 hour ago, Zedd said:

You're one of those people that can't let other enjoy things that you don't like. Just let people enjoy the album. Go listen to AILD if you want metalcore. Cause Issues isn't metalcore.

Like he is the only one that doesn't like the album! Also, every single album of theirs has been considered multiple genres including Metalcore.

Just now, luv4metalcore said:

Like he is the only one that doesn't like the album! Also, every single album has been considered multiple genres including Metalcore.

This album isn't Metalcore. There's maybe 1 breakdown and pretty much no screaming.

1 minute ago, luv4metalcore said:

Like he is the only one that doesn't like the album! Also, every single album of theirs has been considered multiple genres including Metalcore.

Noooooo this album sucks.  AILD sucks too though so yeah.

• Downvote 3

Just now, Nickelback4Life said:

Noooooo this album sucks.  AILD sucks too though so yeah.

Go listen to Nickelback

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zedd said:

Go listen to Nickelback

Oof.

I feel I shouldn't explain it's a sarcastic name.

Just now, Nickelback4Life said:

Oof.

I feel I shouldn't explain it's a sarcastic name.

Oof, I feel I shouldn't have to explain it was a sarcastic reply.

Just now, Zedd said:

Oof, I feel I shouldn't have to explain it was a sarcastic reply.

Oof

Oof

• Haha 1

This album is 100x more interesting than new AILD.  This record tries to actually try something new and pulls it off pretty good for the most part.  AILD just wrote the same record over again and expected to ride the nostalgia-wave that their fans with tunnel-vision have.

• Love 3

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

This album is 100x more interesting than new AILD.  This record tries to actually try something new and pulls it off pretty good for the most part.  AILD just wrote the same record over again and expected to ride the nostalgia-wave that their fans with tunnel-vision have.

Exactly why I love this band. No one sounds like this right now. They're all super talented, great melodies, amazing bass playing, original guitar riffs. So glad they didn' t put out generic crap like so many other bands right now.

• Love 3

*one break down* hey guys so lets compare this to aS i LaY dYiNg

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gandalfstorm said:

*one break down* hey guys so lets compare this to aS i LaY dYiNg

Can't compare the overall album experience between two albums?  Never said this was more mEtAl

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Can't compare the overall album experience between two albums?  Never said this was more mEtAl

I know just memeing for shits and giggles. But totally agree with everything else

I really hated this at first, but the more I listen to a song here and there, it grows on me a little.. then I don't like it again.  i don't know what the fuck to think still.. Listened to the songs I can handle a good 5-6 times so far but there's a lot I skip.  However I can appreciate the experimentation in this album, most of it is just not for me.

The songs that work, work really well and are catchy.

Vocals are great, bass is great, guitar is a bit too Nu-Chug for me but that's just my opinion. I'll probably keep jammin this for a bit.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:50 PM, DekinhoDesu said:

Actually there is no problem with being gay. The only problem I see here is being you

This is probably the first time you post something completely serious. Respect for my sopa do macaco friend

• Love 1

Not an album I will listen to several times for sure, music is okay. Most of them is very VERY interesting, the boys knew how to mix R&B with some heavy instrumentals, even some screams which are kinda fresh. Hate me but Flexin is one of the best Issues songs they have ever released.

• Haha 1

Genre: Post-Hardcore, Alternative

Well yes, but actually no

Never posted a concluding comment here but yeah aoty material for me. It'll be fighting with Alien. I do wish they went even weirder, like I hope LP4 (if it happens) is more like Flexin, cause I feel like they could flesh that sound out over an entire record to make something special. I'm very happy with what we got here though. Favorites in order: Beautiful Oblivion, Here's to You, Second Best, Downfall, No Problem, Drink About It, Flexin, Find Forever. Least favorites are Get it Right and Your Sake, with the latter being one I skip almost every time. Not a bad song, just not something I want to listen to usually. At least a 9/10 on this one. Issues <3

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Never posted a concluding comment here but yeah aoty material for me. It'll be fighting with Alien. I do wish they went even weirder, like I hope LP3 (if it happens) is more like Flexin, cause I feel like they could flesh that sound out over an entire record to make something special. I'm very happy with what we got here though. Favorites in order: Beautiful Oblivion, Here's to You, Second Best, Downfall, No Problem, Drink About It, Flexin, Find Forever. Least favorites are Get it Right and Your Sake, with the latter being one I skip almost every time. Not a bad song, just not something I want to listen to usually. At least a 9/10 on this one. Issues <3

interesting, you say you hope they stretch that flexin vibe (my least favorite song, infact I kinda hate it) out to a full album ... then proceed to list MY FAVORITES as your favorites.  and you say your least favorite is Your Sake and I love that song.  

just goes to show how differently we all hear the same music

but agreed, for sure AOTY material, admittedly I did cut out a good fourth of the album, but what's left is 35 mins of fuckin gold.  it'll be a close match between this, silversun, oh sleeper, periphery and new tDwP (which I have a hard time believing)

• Love 1

M Y  F L E X I N '  I S  A  P R O B L E M

• Love 1