Lord Kingdom

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (2019)

183 posts in this topic

Black Diamonds was awesome, Issues was quite nice, Headspace was alright. And this seems - so far - quite meh.

I have to give it a proper listen but it just seems they lost steam, no power behind most songs.

• Upvote 1

BigBadBrownie Kingdom Leaks.gif

Other Releases by

Listen, I'm a scene kid at heart and would love an entire album of "rank riders" and I usually HATE it when a band gets softer over time...but holy shit I just can't help but love this band. yea there's no breakdowns and little to no screaming.... but thankfully Flexin was an interlude track. These songs are so fucking groovy and catchy. It took me 3 listens to fully fall in love with the record but if you can actually listen to music without screaming or a fucking breakdown. This album really is amazing and no bands really can get away with this sound. 

ISSUES AND DAYSEEKER TAKING OVA!!!

• Love 1

More flexin, less of the rest would've been better. It's a solid album, nothing too good though.

• Confused 3

t2DLnik.png

Disappointingly, this album isn't for me

• Upvote 3

Favorite Track(s): #1. Rain, #2. Tapping Out, #3. Drink About It
Least Favorite Track(s): Everything else 

• Upvote 4

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

Was really disappointed when I heard that Michael Bohn left.  Not gonna lie I really dislike Tyler's solo stuff... But,  am really hoping this is good still. Thanks <3

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Wow. If you would have told me that my favorite song off this album would be a piano ballad....

Oh well. You can't say they didn't make the album that THEY wanted.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nickparisi_ said:

Wow, what happened? This album has no balls whatsoever.

Anywho, I’m gonna get back to the new Kublai Khan.

This sounds like getting some Mary J, and getting a woman high, and having sex kind of mellow music. Nothing that sounds much Metalcore at all.

• Love 1

I was going to say something but I always get ridiculed for what I said. So I will keep ............................. blah, blah, blah, to myself.  Most of the time!

302366140_ITheMask.jpg.1b3d1630c4952126d0bac6a7e9b5aee3.jpg

4 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

This sounds like getting some Mary J, and getting a woman high, and having sex kind of mellow music. Nothing that sounds much Metalcore at all.

Hahaha count me in! But real talk, all this singing is just some wimpy shit.

8 minutes ago, nickparisi_ said:

Hahaha count me in! But real talk, all this singing is just some wimpy shit.

Well, I would take AILD new album over this shit any day!

If I was ever gifted this album...I would say thanks...then go down the street find a homeless person and give to them....LOL!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

I was going to say something but I always get ridiculed for what I said. So I will keep ............................. blah, blah, blah, to myself.  Most of the time!

302366140_ITheMask.jpg.1b3d1630c4952126d0bac6a7e9b5aee3.jpg

issues WAS one of my favorite bands, and im not even going to download this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Well, I would take AILD new album over this shit any day!

If I was ever gifted this album...I would say thanks...then go down the street find a homeless person and give to them....LOL!

Hahaha I would use this album as a coaster for my beer!

I really like this, for the most part.  I'm not really into contemporary pop so a few tracks just are not for me, so I deleted 4 songs and can listen beginning to end and love every second.

it feels like three natural evolution of classic, black diamond issues.  self titled felt like more of the same imo, and headspace bored me.  this just did everything right here

I really hope they keep issues ISSUES, and don't drop the core all together... but 70% of this stays true to their origins.  can't do stuff like flexin, find forever or no problem... but I'm happy for the guys for having the tits to actually try something so different and that people are into it. 

Soooo boring... I really don't like to dump free hate, but this album is garbage! Man, totally forgettable and meh, only cool thing here is the bass, the rest can throw in the trash, worst album of the year for me.

giphy.gif

• Downvote 1

Halfway through it, I still like the funky sound mixed in with the heavier parts throughout just feel it needs more heavy vocals every now and again

11 hours ago, argathra said:

Listen, I'm a scene kid at heart and would love an entire album of "rank riders" and I usually HATE it when a band gets softer over time...but holy shit I just can't help but love this band. yea there's no breakdowns and little to no screaming.... but thankfully Flexin was an interlude track. These songs are so fucking groovy and catchy. It took me 3 listens to fully fall in love with the record but if you can actually listen to music without screaming or a fucking breakdown. This album really is amazing and no bands really can get away with this sound. 

ISSUES AND DAYSEEKER TAKING OVA!!!

Uhm...there is a solid amount of breakdowns, so to speak, there are couple of breakbeats as well, this is such a nicely crafted album, this is what I love about music, this is why I love music, because you can experiment as much as you want and you can create such a fucking good album, groovy, heavy at parts, soothing and emotional...I'm gonna nitpick only two things, could've had more screaming, their bassist is a beast and better lyrics for sure

Not gonna call this record mature, it's fun, it's like a return to the high school days and flaws of life on daily basis :)

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2019 at 12:56 AM, Irrev77 said:

Easily their best record. You don't realize how unnecessary Michael was until they go and release 13 fucking bangers after his departure.

Imagine being that fucking wrong about something

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1218015982_KLSigsmaller.jpg.ab4a9f73146d9c51a558272ed55040eb.jpg

47 minutes ago, mxzh said:

Imagine being that fucking wrong about something

imagine starting a sentence with 'imagine'

but I do sorta agree, im not a fan of Michael's vocals but I do think this album would benefit from more screams from any one of the other members who can do it consistently.  

but I do like it as is too, reminds me of slaves' vibe

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ranga_Rampage said:

Halfway through it, I still like the funky sound mixed in with the heavier parts throughout just feel it needs more heavy vocals every now and again

THIS. I’d probably like it if it didn’t sound so whiny

• Upvote 1

'Flexin' reminds me of some of Shoji Meguro's work on Bleach OST, groovy :wub:

Actually most of the album has that Shoji Meguro groove to it, songs like No Problem (Keep it Alive). I can already hear some people hating but I think it's crazy good, fight me.

• Love 1

Crush on you

tumblr_p8d6h2wYoc1unrq34o3_500.gif

I really like this album, and don't mind that it's not heavy at all. I'm just disappointed that they used tapping out as the first single, it made me think there would be more screaming. The breakdown in that song absolutely slaps, so nasty. I wish that they had maybe one or two songs that were heavy as fuck, I mean honestly that breakdown in tapping out is probably the heaviest piece of music they've ever put out anyway, Michael's screaming style fit way better in woe is me. 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, Lol said:

That last single had my cringing. 

Ironically the best song on the album

Listened to the album titled song and felt I was listening to a heavy Craig David song

• Love 1

On 10/3/2019 at 2:30 AM, hamboy23 said:

Did they really basically just rip off BMTH using the lyrics “sugar honey and iced tea??!!” Isn’t they basically the title and lyrics of song off of the last BMTH record??!!! Like what’s the deal with artists talking bout sugar and iced tea am I missing something here?

the band addressed this in a livestream, they wrote the lyrics for song in 2014 so there’s literally no way they took it from BMTH

is this an issues record? or just a tyler carter LP.  pretty forgettable moving along.

32 minutes ago, Barcasaur said:

is this an issues record? or just a tyler carter LP.  pretty forgettable moving along.

ah yeah, forgot that the vocalist is the only part of a band that matters. not like the instrumentals are still djenty and heavy at all. definitely sounds like a solo project.

6 hours ago, Ranga_Rampage said:

Listened to the album titled song and felt I was listening to a heavy Craig David song

I literally thought the exact same thing hahaha

• Haha 1

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

Pretty interesting mix of musical styles (R&B/Hip-Hop/Funk, Pop, MetalCore/Djent). Very talented group of individuals!

First two songs on this album really caught my ear...really like the maturity this band has shown in their songwriting. Can't think of any other bands doing what they are doing, can you?

• Upvote 3

giphy-2.gif