Chief

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (2019)

182 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

2 hours ago, Theradcast said:

Wow what a dissapointment, sounds like a 90's r&b/neo soul album

I mean that sounds like a good thing as a solo LP for Tyler, not sure for Issues. I'll have to get a listenin

Huge nu metal/alternative metal/neo soul vibes from this overall, despite that disco/funk inspired pop song. Is it bad i like it? Lol, anywho. This shall grow on me, and hopefully people really get to understand more of how inspiring this could be for someone. Also, no sexuality hate crimes, thank you

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, dmgink said:

Fuck. Your Sake hit me personally. This is a solid record. Dont even care if it's not heavy.

Your Sake just literally broke me down to my core/soul and has me teary eyed like fuck dude...

• Haha 1

I'm at work so I can't listen, how much heavy material is on this? Can't wait to listen regardless 

Seriously, this is a top aoty contender. As much as I miss Michael, this illustrates how great the other members are at making music. They took more risks, but I do not think there was any decrease in quality as a result.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Did they really basically just rip off BMTH using the lyrics “sugar honey and iced tea??!!” Isn’t they basically the title and lyrics of song off of the last BMTH record??!!! Like what’s the deal with artists talking bout sugar and iced tea am I missing something here?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, hamboy23 said:

Did they really basically just rip off BMTH using the lyrics “sugar honey and iced tea??!!” Isn’t they basically the title and lyrics of song off of the last BMTH record??!!! Like what’s the deal with artists talking bout sugar and iced tea am I missing something here?

There's a difference between reference/parody and ripping someone off 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Dust of Pain said:

Meaning what pretty sure it’s just sorta like recycling some already bad lyrics hahha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

I wonder what Oli's dad thinks of the incredible influence he's had on the scene with those inspiring words

• Haha 2

Listened for the hell of it, and was pleasantly surprised.  Im not usually a fan of poppy alternative, but i like about half this album.  Your Sake is amazing, and I really liked Here's To You.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SilverMk6 said:

I'm at work so I can't listen, how much heavy material is on this? Can't wait to listen regardless 

It's heavier than I expected tbh, and I was happily expecting very pop

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

kind of reminds of me the band widmore

Like Calgary Widmore? It doesnt really remind me of them at all, but cool to see them get some recognition.

1 minute ago, MegaKenny said:

Like Calgary Widmore? It doesnt really remind me of them at all, but cool to see them get some recognition.

Theyre the boys! My band (yet to be announced but excited as fuck) will be doing shows with Gutter King and them in the future. Im based out of Vancouver.

• Love 1

Just now, silent-planet said:

Theyre the boys! My band (yet to be announced but excited as fuck) will be doing shows with Gutter King and them in the future. Im based out of Vancouver.

Oh word! I'll probably check that out when/if you roll through Calgary.

17 minutes ago, hamboy23 said:

Meaning what pretty sure it’s just sorta like recycling some already bad lyrics hahha

Meh

admittingly, this is something that will have to grow on me, or not! being an issues fan since the beginning this is so much of a dramatic turn from every album before this, Dare to say “to different” almost not even the same band nothing wrong with growing and changing the pace but I’m afraid I’ll have to close the book on this one it will never be the same issues I recall.

3 hours ago, PatientlyDead said:

this is going to be super meh. I already know

Tbh.. It is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alaska1213 said:

Beautiful oblivion is a great closer wow

It really is. It surprised me how great it was.

• Upvote 1

FUCK MY BUSSY WITH A RAKE DAD

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Satan's Favourite said:

FUCK MY BUSSY WITH A RAKE DAD

I wish there was a lenny face or saucy reaction face, because laughter doesn't properly describe my reaction

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MegaKenny said:

Yeah those guys :) 

29 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

It really is. It surprised me how great it was.

I was kind of meh about this album at first cause of flexin but the rest of it bangs hard solid album imo

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, alaska1213 said:

I was kind of meh about this album at first cause of flexin but the rest of it bangs hard solid album imo

Title track is actually my 1st or 2nd favorite with Downfall btw, it's amazing

So im on the first song and holy fuck! At 2:50 mark is that the bass player singing??! Sounds so dope

4 hours ago, Theradcast said:

Wow what a dissapointment, sounds like a 90's r&b/neo soul album

>"disappointment"

>"sounds like 90s R&B/neo-soul"

Pick one

• Love 5

@BenjaminBurnley I saw you mention Widmore.   Great band and guys!  Saw them back in August in Philadelphia.  Makes me want to give this album a try, now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neebnoob18 said:

I wish there was a lenny face or saucy reaction face, because laughter doesn't properly describe my reaction

Wanna know where I got it from?

I changed it to fit the thread. 

• Upvote 1

downfall more like uprise amirite 

anyways this album rules, runs circles around headspace and self-titled

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg