Chief

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (2019)

181 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

@Theradcast no screaming at all? If so I'm not even gonna bother.

How TF do you download

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Dugie said:

@Theradcast no screaming at all? If so I'm not even gonna bother.

How TF do you download

there was literally screaming in the lead single so idk what you’re worried about, but there is significantly less screaming than previous records if it matters 

• Upvote 1

@Maximo well Im a heavy boy. Listened to issues because of Michael just as much as Tyler?

@Dickface I MISS THE REAL ISSUES??

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dickface said:

Don't listen to that other Issues dickrider, there's no screaming except for the lead single and some pussy background screaming on Downfall that you can't even hear.

Name checks out.

• Haha 1

Putting the genre change aside, every song just... repeats... and repeats... and repeats. Feels like 1-2 minute of content per song stretched out into 4 minutes. Downfall is probably the most like their previous tunes, so take that as an example. Full track length is ~3:50, broken down by time:

0:00-0:30 intro riff

0:30-0:56 vocal solo with ambient tunes

0:56-1:07 vocal build up

1:07-1:31 chorus
1:31-1:59 verse, i guess. Takes the previous vocal build up and adds some riffs

1:59-2:25 chorus, again, already

2:25-2:43 breakdown

2:43-2:55 little break, lazy transition IMO

2:55-3:15 chorus, again but without vocals

3:13-3:50 chorus, again but with some yelling

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm on my second listen through and I can say that I actually really like this album. There's a couple tracks here that I don't personally care for (I don't think Flexing will ever grow on me and I will probably skip Your Sake most of the time although its not a bad song), but I enjoy everything else. Super bouncy album, I see it as an evolution of their sound from Headspace, and I think it works for them. Vocals might not be heavy, but the guitar and bass tones on this album are beautiful. Will definitely try and catch them when they come to town. 

COMPLETELY forgot about this release lol!! super dope surprise :D

When there's more gospel sections than screams on an issues album lol

• Haha 2

Not a huge fan honestly. I'll listen through again later on and see if it grows on me.

• Upvote 1

Eh not my cup of tea at all. Glad others dig it though. That last single had my cringing. 

• Upvote 1

loool didn't know Tyler was registered here

• Haha 1

Did they use the Choir vox from Brownstone's "If You Love Me" on the hook of No Problem? Thats dope

I've only skimmed through and based on first impressions it seems like the album has some good songs, but some of them also sound very forgettable. Maybe I'll have a different opinion when I listen to it properly but at the moment there's not many songs that stand out to me.

• Upvote 2

Whoever says they are better without bohn is wrong and you can't convince me otherwise lol, this is alright for what it is, a fun album to listen to. But it isnt as hard hitting as any of the albums with bohn and I'm just gonna have to accept that lol. 

• Upvote 2

Add: @Tyler Carter man won't you be in a problem with your label for leak your own album?

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica92 said:

Whoever says they are better without bohn is wrong and you can't convince me otherwise lol, this is alright for what it is, a fun album to listen to. But it isnt as hard hitting as any of the albums with bohn and I'm just gonna have to accept that lol. 

Yeah it's kind of like this album is missing something

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Actually there is no problem with being gay. The only problem I see here is being you

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ferzh said:

Add: @Tyler Carter man won't you be in a problem with your label for leak your own album?

Lol dude c'mon smh

Easily their best record, this was interesting from start to finish.

and the transitions between parts was outstanding.

flexin still sucks.

edit: honestly head space is probably better but doesnt take away from how good this is.

• Upvote 1

Fuck. Your Sake hit me personally. This is a solid record. Dont even care if it's not heavy.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Interesting album as usual.

Cool moments and funky grooves.

But still meh, I'll never get into this band fully. I really appreciate the band and they have their own style but just not something I will willing listen to

• Upvote 3

I'm actually sick of TC after a full listen. I miss the screams. Now i know why DGD works so well. 

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion Review:
Here's To You - 4/5
Drink About it - 5/5 - love the groovy vibe to the song
Find Forever - 3.5/5 - its ok
Tapping Out - 4/5 - catchy
Without You - 3.5/5
Rain - 4.5/5 - catchy 
Downfall - 4/5
Second Best - 3.5/5
Get it Right - 3.5/5
Flexin - 4/5
No Problem (Keep it alive) - 4/5
You Sake - 4.5/5
Beautiful oblivion - 4/5 - kind of reminds of me the band widmore

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stasz18 said:

Interesting album as usual.

Cool moments and funky grooves.

But still meh, I'll never get into this band fully. I really appreciate the band and they have their own style but just not something I will willing listen to

I feel you on this, well worded. Immense respect to Issues, just haven’t been my cup of tea

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

for me I've never loved issues because they're heavy, I love them because they're not afraid to experiment with their sound and blend different genres together and thats why I FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM i had a huge smile on my face most of the way through 

• Downvote 1