Michael

Lacuna Coil - Black Anima (2019)

39 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Loved the singles. Looking forward to hearing if the whole album is as good. 

• Haha 1

Amazing album, one of my favourites from 2019, 9/10. 

• Upvote 2

Gonna check up this. Thanks alot

• Upvote 1

OMFG!!!!

Thanks a lot! 😍

• Upvote 2

never give it a shot to this band, but the singles I heard from this album were awesome sooo I need to check

iTunes one has 3 other bonus tracks included. Going to download this one for now

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Please upload 😛

they aren’t out yet lol

Been listening to this band for a long while now but recently they fell off my radar...new singles have def caught my ear again. Can't wait to check this album out!

Thanks!  Going to give this a listen as I have liked the singles as well.

3 minutes ago, abyssdepot said:

Thanks!  Going to give this a listen as I have liked the singles as well.

Album is really good 👍. It feels similar to some of their earlier stuff between Karmacode and Broken Crown Halo. But I need to listen a couple more times .

33 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

they aren’t out yet lol

Sorry about that.  I misread the post:D

Wow early leak! im half way thru and so far to me this doesnt hold a candle to the last record mostly cause of the choruses. Last album was just chock full of good ones and this just sort of feels like bsides or something from that record.

I can't wait to listen to this, been looking forward to this album. I love this band, her voice is just perfect for their style

Lacuna Coil - Black Anima Review:
Anima Nera - 4.5/5 - very odd intro than most records
Sword of Anger - 4.5/5
Reckless - 4.5/5
Layers of time - 4/5
Apocalypse - 4/5
Now Or Never - 4.5/5
Under the Surface - 4/5
Veneficium - 4/5
The End Is All I can see - 4/5
Save Me - 4.5/5
Black Anima - 4.5/5

Nice record to just listen to. Nice work Lucuna Coil.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Im hoping it grows on me and im sure it will but my hopes were HUGE after the last record. There really isnt one standout,holy shit crazy good chorus that is undeniable and hooks you completely first listen. At least not for me.  Unlike the last record with house of shame, delirium,downfall,blood tears dust, my demons, etc etc. This record reminds me a lot of broken crown halo which came after the amazing dark adrenaline.

I mean its good but this album dwarves in comparison to Delirium

After one listen, I couldn’t find anything that stood out. The tracks seem to blend into one another too often, and follow the same structure. I don’t think it’s nearly as good as Delirium. Still a great band though.

YES!! been waiting for this, can't wait to listen to it.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:50 PM, DisturbedOne said:

I mean its good but this album dwarves in comparison to Delirium

THIS!! Im so glad its not just me. I thought i was being to picky or something. The tracks just dont hold a candle to really anything on delirium. Ive said it before they feel like bsides from that record. The biggest bummer tho are the choruses. Zero standouts

• Love 1

2 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

THIS!! Im so glad its not just me. I thought i was being to picky or something. The tracks just dont hold a candle to really anything on delirium. Ive said it before they feel like bsides from that record. The biggest bummer tho are the choruses. Zero standouts

Yea. Theres a few good ones but that interview said this was heavier. Thats not true at all. Delirium was ridiculously heavy

3 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

Yea. Theres a few good ones but that interview said this was heavier. Thats not true at all. Delirium was ridiculously heavy

I thought that was very odd as well! The lead singer christina said the album really was way darker, heavier and tried some new things. That did not seem to be the case at all. Like a case can not be made for that AT ALL lol

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

I thought that was very odd as well! The lead singer christina said the album really was way darker, heavier and tried some new things. That did not seem to be the case at all. Like a case can not be made for that AT ALL lol

EXACTLY!

I've found a few different leaks of this album and 1 of them is FLAC yet to me the audio quality seems very bad on this album. I know its not my speakers as i've listened to it in multiple places and its only this album. Anyone else having that issue?

Her vocals sound horrendous here- not that she isn't a great singer but they do not mix well with everything else that's going on. I don't know- Reckless was grating on the ears.

56 minutes ago, Poon Sauce McNasty said:

Her vocals sound horrendous here- not that she isn't a great singer but they do not mix well with everything else that's going on. I don't know- Reckless was grating on the ears.

Best song on the record is apocalyptic but even that is just a rehash of the FAR superior downfall from the last record.

9 hours ago, ZenKarma said:

I've found a few different leaks of this album and 1 of them is FLAC yet to me the audio quality seems very bad on this album. I know its not my speakers as i've listened to it in multiple places and its only this album. Anyone else having that issue?

Same! It’s seems very loud. Any clue where this rip came from?

On 9/29/2019 at 5:48 PM, prsjunkie said:

Im hoping it grows on me and im sure it will but my hopes were HUGE after the last record. There really isnt one standout,holy shit crazy good chorus that is undeniable and hooks you completely first listen. At least not for me.  Unlike the last record with house of shame, delirium,downfall,blood tears dust, my demons, etc etc. This record reminds me a lot of broken crown halo which came after the amazing dark adrenaline.

I love dark adrenaline, but i also really liked broken crown halo. At first i didn't and i gave up and went a couple years without listening to it. The i listened to delirium and went back and gave it a listen again and realized there were a lot of good songs on it. Nothing stands in our way, one cold day, cybersleep, infection, hostage to the light, zombies, and I forgive but i won't forget are all good songs. This album is decent but like you it hasn't completely grown on me yet. Maybe it will happen like broken crown halo did. There are good songs on it, but a lot of the songs i was just like waiting for more. Like you said the big hooks and catchy choruses