mR12

Dayseeker - Sleeptalk (2019)

86 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Singles were soooo good, can't wait to hear this!  Thanks!!

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to have a good cry over this ❤️

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

These guys are amazing. Such a great album!! I love the color black

• Upvote 1

I love this album. I wish there were more songs along the lines of Crooked Soul but enjoy everything. My favorites right now are Crooked Soul, Drunk, The Color Black, and Crash and Burn. 

• Upvote 1

Rory delivering the feels as always! Great record! 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Fantastic listen.

Would highly recommend 

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the upload. Greatly appreciated.

I am sorely underwhelmed by this. First album had awful production but remains their best, the other two were good, sometimes great, sadly this is easily the least enjoyable album of theirs for me. Title track, closer and the interlude that comes after  the title track are arguably my fave things from this, the rest is just solid.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

I’m going into this totally blind, having heard none of the singles, and two songs in this is fucking fantastic 

• Love 1

YES! I’ve been waiting so long! I absolutely love it. I’m a bit biased as this is one of my top three favorite brands. Can not wait to see them next month! 

• Upvote 1

Singles were very nice and damn catchy imo. pretty excited to jump into this album. Wooot wooot!!! :jams: <3

• Upvote 1

uh holy shit the color black might be one of my favourite songs of the year 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Awesome. Hopefully the album can live up to how good the singles were.

third comment but I just finished the record, holy fuck

this is absolutely outstanding 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Very good record. I've sort of given up on capturing the magic and personal feel that Origins had, mostly because I don't think someone can write about stuff that dark forever. Dayseeker has evolved musically and lyrically and this is an amazing showcase of talent. They managed to make a very accessible album that doesn't feel like a sellout or like it's lacking in substance (looking at you Wage War, BMTH, etc). 

There's some hardness still hidden in here, and those are my favorite tracks, Rory's screaming really works for me even if his range isn't as great here as the clean vocals.

Standouts: The Color Black, Gates of Ivory, Crash and Burn, Starving to be Empty.

Note: anyone recognize the female singer in Starving to be Empty? She was amazing!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

A solid album, I feel like this has the most singing out of any of their albums (not a bad thing). Favorites are Crooked Soul and Crash and Burn

13 minutes ago, aMemoryMisread said:

Note: anyone recognize the female singer in Starving to be Empty? She was amazing!

I would also very much like to know this 

• Upvote 1

I was wondering who the female vocalist was also she did such a great job and fit really well on the song with Rory.

8 minutes ago, PositiveOutlook said:

I was wondering who the female vocalist was also she did such a great job and fit really well on the song with Rory.

Could it be Seneca Pettee? @SenecaPettee on Instagram.

Is it just me that wishes that Dayseeker dropped the -core entirely and pursued a full on alternative sound?  I'd surprisingly dig the hell out of that, as I much prefer the softer and more unique, clean vibes this record has opposed to the heavy moments, which kinda sound like most other prog metalcore bands tbh (The Color Black is a dope song, not gonna lie).  Still a solid record though! 

• Upvote 1

This album confirms that I will never be a real fan of this band. I cant see how you can rate this higher than a 6/10, and even then I'd struggle to do so; it'd be more like a 4 or 5 for me. I think there's only a couple of songs on here that aren't horribly average, those being: Bural Plot, Sleeptalk, and Gates of Ivory, and even they aren't amazing. Their last LP only had a couple songs that I could listen to as well, like Abandon. I think my main problem with Dayseeker is Rory. His voice is very average, with his cleans having essentially one single pitch to them, and it isn't a good pitch. His screams are solid, but they're not used super effectively. Rory is essentially your average metalcore fan who decides to write an album about his ex-gf, and that is Sleeptalk. I suppose Starving to be Empty was a decent track too thanks to the feature, which lets us get a break from Rory. If you like this, cool, good for you, but I'll probably only came back to a couple songs every so often, as has been the case for every Dayseeker album. 5/10.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5

Dayseeker - Sleeptalk Review:

Drunk - 5/5 - great into to an album
Crooked Soul - 4.5/5
Burial Plot - 4/5
Sleeptalk - 4/5
The Embers Glow - 4/5
The Color Black - 4.5/5
Already Numb - 4.5/5
Gates of Ivory - 4/5
Starving To be Empty - 4.5/5
Crash and Burn - 4/5

This album to me is like a nice relaxing listen to something u want to get into. Great album dayseeker :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I only clicked because I confused this with Dayshell but I like the single posted. Downloading

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

This album confirms that I will never be a real fan of this band. I cant see how you can rate this higher than a 6/10, and even then I'd struggle to do so; it'd be more like a 4 or 5 for me. I think there's only a couple of songs on here that aren't horribly average, those being: Bural Plot, Sleeptalk, and Gates of Ivory, and even they aren't amazing. Their last LP only had a couple songs that I could listen to as well, like Abandon. I think my main problem with Dayseeker is Rory. His voice is very average, with his cleans having essentially one single pitch to them, and it isn't a good pitch. His screams are solid, but they're not used super effectively. Rory is essentially your average metalcore fan who decides to write an album about his ex-gf, and that is Sleeptalk. I suppose Starving to be Empty was a decent track too thanks to the feature, which lets us get a break from Rory. If you like this, cool, good for you, but I'll probably only came back to a couple songs every so often, as has been the case for every Dayseeker album. 5/10.

Well, I must say I 100% disagree with everything you just said, but you’re obviously allowed to have your own opinion. It seems to me that it’s possible you haven’t actually been following this band or heard Rory’s vocal abilities outside of what you described. Which makes sense, seeing as you’re not a fan. He has great vocal range and quite honestly it’s shown clearly on this record. The bands songs are written about many different subjects. Yes, some of the songs are about an ex girlfriend, but others describing the struggle of a father with cancer, a mother with an addiction, a loved one in a coma from a car accident, being abandoned and more. Their album Origin is a great example of this, as well as What It Means To Be Defeated. One of the things that has always stood about to me about this band is their ability to get emotion across to me through a mix of both heavy and softer musical elements and their lyrics. I also believe that people that have gone through some or all of the issues that the songs are about have a stronger emotional connection and interest in the band such as myself. Anyways, non of this was in an attempt to convince you to change your mind or actually like the band because it benefits me none, but just some things to think about. The best part about music is if your don’t like it you don’t have to listen to it, as for me, I will continue to love and support this band and I’m absolutely impressed and enjoying this new album.