mR12

Dayseeker - Sleeptalk (2019)

89 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Maximo said:

I would also very much like to know this 

Maybe not a confirmation but a quick iTunes and google search makes me feel like this correct, her name is Seneca Pettee. No idea who she is though. a GF maybe?

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.14.34 AM.png

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

15 minutes ago, Thejewishpeople said:

Maybe not a confirmation but a quick iTunes and google search makes me feel like this correct, her name is Seneca Pettee. No idea who she is though. a GF maybe?

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.14.34 AM.png

She’s not a gf (she’s dating someone but none of them), I remember back before they finished recording the album they were asking if anyone was or knew a good female vocalist. It was a story on Instagram. I looked her up on Instagram though, she’s mutuals with Rory and it sounds like her (she has videos of her singing). 

• Upvote 1

Just now, KeybladerAri said:

She’s not a gf, I remember back before they finished recording the album they were asking if anyone was or knew a good female vocalist. It was a story on Instagram. I looked her up on Instagram though, she’s mutuals with Rory and it sounds like her (she has videos of her singing). 

Ahh makes sense. Like I said, my search was quick xD

Fuck, this is a strong AOTY contender for me.

This album is exactly what I would've wanted after Origin instead of Dreaming is Sinking//Waking is Rising.

Definitely will be on repeat upcoming weeks.

• Upvote 2

That feature on Starving To Be Empty is immense, the whole song is really.  Love it.  Probably my favorite song on the album.

Overall this is pretty great.  After listening most of the day (thankfully it leaked before I left for work!  you guys rock!)... my faves are probably... Drunk, Crooked Soul, Burial Plot, Sleeptalk, The Color Black and Starving To Be Empty.  The rest is good, just didn't click with me like these songs did.  Not yet at least.

I'm working on transcribing the lyrics for the rest of the album if anyone is interested. I have Drunk done so far but I have to go to work. Hopefully someone can get them up, otherwise I will finish the album when I get home tonight.

This is so much better for them, it works a lot better than trying to be heavy and achieving a semi-heavy sound

• Upvote 3

My most anticipated album ever since "Crooked Soul" released! Here we gooooo

• Upvote 1

why put all people in artist tag

• Upvote 2

Yeah I'm very happy with this, they've always been excellent at melodies. Less heavy is a good thing for once, but it's still a very nice balance. Rory never misses a beat with his cleans.

• Love 1

yeah, we stan forever!

Sig-2.png

Been a fan of Dayseeker since their 1st record. Origin being my favorite. 3rd record was good but took awhile for me to get into. I actually really enjoyed this record as it's a good mix of different styles. Obviously the ol scene kid in me would love 10 The Color Blacks but I'm just glad they are getting the success they deserve... but for real The Color Black might be the best song they ever wrote.

• Love 1

And of course there are a couple negative nancies. Maybe Dayseeker just isn’t for those people. We all have opinions but don’t mistake yours for fact

Good album overall but nothing even comes close to the high of crooked soul which is disappointing and probably an even bigger disappointment is only 9 songs on the album..

Closer is good though

Could be closer to a 9-9.5/10 instead of an 8 if it was like 12 tracks long.  So damn short..

• Upvote 1

I honestly did not expect to love this one as much as I did but, FUUUUUCK this album hit me like a train. Drunk probably has to be one of my favorite album openers this year. Does such an outstanding job setting the tone for what you're going to get yourself into listening to this record. Crooked Soul, The Color Black and Gates Of Ivory are the heaviest ones on the album and I'd have to agree with church on this it does heavily take influence from Prog Metalcore, but still doesn't make it any less amazing for me at least. Rory's soaring melodies actually go surprisingly well with the sound and his screams are pretty good here too also the breakdowns in The Color Black and Gates Of Ivory gave me massive architects vibes in the best way possible. 

Now while the Heavy songs on this are killer in my opinion it's the softer moments here that really made this become a AOTY contender for me. Sleeptalk, Burial Plot, Already Numb and Starving to Be Empty does such a great job of blending a soft/heavy sound kind of in the same realm of Dispose by The Plot In You. Already Numb is a beautiful ballad that hit me in my soul and Starving to Be Empty has a guest vocalist she does a great job.

The closer Crash and Burn is just on a whole other level definitely has to be one of my most favorite album closers this year as well. Overall when I heard the Singles I thought this would at least be in my top 10, but after sitting with this album all day and feeling all the things it made me feel, this takes the number one spot as of right now. But there is still TONS of other albums still coming out this year so we'll see how long it stays there but in conclusion, the album made me cry like a little bitch and got me in my feels and made me headbang and cry at the same time so 10/10

Favorite Tracks: Drunk, Sleeptalk, Already Numb, Gates Of Ivory and Crash and Burn

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

This is amazing, I really love it

Never been much into these guys but I should have, at least now I am

• Upvote 1

I want to fault them for only have the few heavier songs compared to Origin.. but they do alternative so fucking well that having a mix works so well for them. The only gripe I have is that since there’s such a huge range on this album is that it’s only 10 tracks with an interlude. Was absolutely worth the preorder though.

Really liking the single.

Such a great and constant album. i got so stoked when i first heard the singles and found out they finally took this direction, which is a way better fit for them imo.

STYGKL_1.gif

Phenomenal album. Didn't listen to any of the singles so I went into this with no expectations on direction or sound. Holy shit was this a good listen.

• Upvote 2

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

18 hours ago, argathra said:

Been a fan of Dayseeker since their 1st record. Origin being my favorite. 3rd record was good but took awhile for me to get into. I actually really enjoyed this record as it's a good mix of different styles. Obviously the ol scene kid in me would love 10 The Color Blacks but I'm just glad they are getting the success they deserve... but for real The Color Black might be the best song they ever wrote.

The outro on that song is siiiiiiiick

Every album these guys have released, I’ve only been able to get into about half of the songs, but this album just blew my mind. What an incredible sound that they’ve found. This works so well for them and that guest feature is crazy!! Such a solid and consistent and fun album. Another AOTY contender, wow just wow.