Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
Michael

We Came As Romans - Carry the Weight/From the First Note (2019)

46 posts in this topic

Solid tracks. Nothing I'm gonna listen to very often but I definitely enjoyed these

Other Releases by

6 hours ago, Why Nolin? said:

Do we always have to write "Rip Kyle" when talking about WCAR?

Maybe it's because this is the first music they've released since his death?

Maybe it's because a lot of people on this site loved his vocals?

Not sure whether trying to be edgy or legitimately curious.

• Love 4

9 hours ago, Doninger said:

Carry the Weight was phenomenal. Probably their heaviest song.

From The First Note …. Speechless. When that chorus of “I can’t replace you” I broke down. This song is powerful and will have you in tears.

I’m so glad they are still going because this proved they can still make powerhouse songs. Damn…

I'm with you on this whole comment bro. Couldn't even stop the tears. It makes me so happy they are pushing forward without him, for him. Fuck me I don't wanna be emotional. :lol:

Superb fucking singles all the way through!

• Love 2

Big sad bois.:cry:

7 hours ago, Hellion6 said:

I'm with you on this whole comment bro. Couldn't even stop the tears. It makes me so happy they are pushing forward without him, for him. Fuck me I don't wanna be emotional. :lol:

Superb fucking singles all the way through!

Nah man. It's okay to be in your feelings. Let it out homie.  All the edgy contrarians on this site that are negative about "RIP Kyle" or even "RIP Chester" or any other artist are just dysfunctional, emotionally stunted/immature man-babies who still cannot handle human emotion. It's annoying af tbh.

People feel things. And other people don't need to be assholes about it. Especially when both these singles are basically all about Kyle, the grief in his loss, and following his light he left behind on their path forward.

And fuck me, the way they mixed Kyle's old lines alongside Dave was chilling. I got choked up. Not even afraid to say it. That, and the way Dave's cleans and singing are clearly very inspired by Kyle's. There was one point I almost swore it was somehow new lines from Kyle like perhaps a demo they were working on before he passed. But it was Dave.

Don't reject those feels mang. Bottling up feelings is like bottling up sharks. Eventually they start to eat you from the inside out.<3

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, desk said:

Wouldn't be the worst songs on the last album but doesn't come close to the better half of it either (Vultures, Cold Like War, Encoder, etc). Solid, hope they produce a great album after this.

That's because these are probably not gonna be on an album but rather the band letting out their grief the way they need to.

And their previous album was basically a WCAR reboot and cranked to 11. If the previous album was any indication, they usually don't drop the heaviest tracks as singles either. I'm hopeful for whatever they dish up.

Only thing I slightly disagree with is not coming close to the better half of the last album. Especially 'Carry The Weight'. It's a banger. But to me, and probably most, these songs are for grief/remembering.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SavageWraith said:

That's because these are probably not gonna be on an album but rather the band letting out their grief the way they need to.

And their previous album was basically a WCAR reboot and cranked to 11. If the previous album was any indication, they usually don't drop the heaviest tracks as singles either. I'm hopeful for whatever they dish up.

Only thing I slightly disagree with is not coming close to the better half of the last album. Especially 'Carry The Weight'. It's a banger. But to me, and probably most, these songs are for grief/remembering.

Oh I get the purpose and the lyrical themes of these songs completely, they might not even be on their next LP, but as I mentioned Vultures was one of my faves last album, but it wasn't because of the heavy parts, that song has probably my fave Kyle vocal production this band has ever done, and the ambient electronics are arguably the coolest thing i've heard from them too, felt like I was listening to metalcore Arcane Roots and I fucking loved it. These songs are definitely not bad and Carry The Weight might actually be amongst the better songs now that I relistened to it a few times but the chorus just isn't strong enough, the rest is on point tho.

• Upvote 3

Hope Dave throws out some clean vocals like he did in Never Let Me Go. As much as I liked Kyle vox I always wished Dave did all vocals after I heard that song. Hope Crucible is still a thing too. These aren't my style. Really like the harsh vocals a lot but not feeling the choruses/singing here. Can't wait to hear more though. 

• Upvote 1

Great comeback from these guys! Wasn't really into their newest stuff and wasn't so sure how it would turn out without Kyle, so that's refreshing!

9 hours ago, dvsr said:

Hope Dave throws out some clean vocals like he did in Never Let Me Go. As much as I liked Kyle vox I always wished Dave did all vocals after I heard that song. Hope Crucible is still a thing too. These aren't my style. Really like the harsh vocals a lot but not feeling the choruses/singing here. Can't wait to hear more though. 

He does. Dave does all vocals (apart from a Kyle line they sampled from an old song as a touching addition to the track) on both these singles. And going forward I would imagine that will continue to be the case.

both are great,  Dave is completely capable of doing all the vocals but it's gonna be weird without Kyle, killed it together live. Lucky enough to see them live 5 times